//ArrowChat Code

Thread: desert race????? anyone????

250rfreak is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

desert race????? anyone????

i was wondering if anyone would want to do a lil TRIKES ONLY race? i was thinking from st george to vegas.... it is about a 125 mile trip.... i know a way all the way there... it is kinda tough terrain like a mixture of sand, gravel,hard pack, rocky, and pavement... let me know what you think!!!
    famous words "is it wrong to wear my helmet sitting on the toilet and twisting the toilet paper roll like its a throttle while making engine noises?"

--
    This sounds very interesting. I would like to see your route marked on a terrain relief map so I can see the kind of elevation changes we'd be running. Have you run the course on a trike? With a race that long, we'd need 2 or 3 scheduled pit stop locations or maybe a chase crew just to do gas, if nothing else. When are you wanting to run this? Hard to get to Utah for me, but I think it would be worth a try, but I couldn't get there until July. I literaly have the whole month of July off so I could be there anytime.

Chris
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R>>>Cross Country Racer<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

www.myspace.com/bluelionracing

Support my 2009 sponsor:

For all your ATV suspension needs.

250rfreak is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    ya i have done it on a trike.bike and quad..... i was wanting to do it in mid jjuly
    famous words "is it wrong to wear my helmet sitting on the toilet and twisting the toilet paper roll like its a throttle while making engine noises?"

--
    Sweet, sounds good to me. Looks like noone else is game, that's too bad. I'm in if it's a go, timeing is right on target for me.

Chris
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R>>>Cross Country Racer<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

www.myspace.com/bluelionracing

Support my 2009 sponsor:

For all your ATV suspension needs.

--
    i bet more peeps will come
    like guys from az and nv

--
    In JULY!!!!! Do you like the heat?

More towards September would be good. Is it on BLM? You might have to get BLM's permission to hold it.

I know that Reno to Vegas has had a few issues with private landowner granting permission then resending it because they wanted more money. I heard that the promoter’s were acquiring the private land in small pieces to have a permanent route.

Try posting on .org also. Most of the guys on .org seem to be more west coast and maybe they'd put up.

I might be game.
    Last edited by Bigbore; 02-29-2008 at 09:48 PM.
    '85 Cagiva 200
    '86 Cagiva 500
    '82 ATC 480R
    '83 ATC 250R DG
    '83 Nicholson 185s
    Owned 5 Franks, sold 4, have one left.

--
    its on .org too...... its all blm except mesquite

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 250rfreak View Post
    its on .org too...... its all blm except mesquite
    How far is it to Mesquite from St. George, 30 miles +/- isn't it? Maybe a spot for fueling...
    '85 Cagiva 200
    '86 Cagiva 500
    '82 ATC 480R
    '83 ATC 250R DG
    '83 Nicholson 185s
    Owned 5 Franks, sold 4, have one left.

--
    oh ya they got fuel and a 8 dollar buffet!

Twilight is offline Check my feedback before buying from me Roostin Away
    --
    Ive done that ride on my bike. Very nice, I would rate it moderate and easy. I was able to do it with a few friends after riding for 3 months.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //