//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Newbie looking for mods to do to a 84 250r

--

Newbie looking for mods to do to a 84 250r

Well I'm new here what else can i say. My buddy just last week gave me his old 84 250r, b/c it was taken up needed space in his barn. I sent the jug out to be blue printed and redone w/ a 1.25 over piston.

I'm now wounder what mods i can do the motor for MORE POWER. It already has a set or reeds in it, and a FMF or DG slip on. I've read of people porting the intake but don't know where to port it at. I've done tons of v8 heads its just the same smooth it out knock down the humps or what.

Will switch carbs do much for it?

thanks for any help,

trikeman00123
    1984-Honda 250r; Got it for free from a friend, just have to put it back together

1985 Honda 110; First Trike got it for my birth day when i was 7

--
    for a good cheap increas go with a 1986-1989 250r flatslide carb. that will make a big difference. also look for an aftermarket exhaust (headpipe). I believe theres an old works pipe for the 83-84 250r on ebay now. They make good power adders as well.
    ATC500AF

--
    I see your located in Lima as well! Welcome to the boards!
    ATC500AF

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    Send your jug to FLOTEK for porting. $165.00 shipped back to you, and it offers major increase.

porting a 2 stroke jug is way different than on a 4 stroke. you mess up the porting, or change the timing the wrong way, and it will run like crap.

i agree, bigger carb (make sure you jet it properly) New headpipe (avoid DG if possible), Vforce reeds, High Flow Air Filter.
    thats about all you can do other than high compression, or a 300 kit. unless you can get some really one-off parts like my balanced crank.

to the boards!
    Sounds like us Ohio-ans need to caravan to TF80!

--
    v-force reeds, k&n filter, NEW WISECO, find a DG HEAD or 300 kit get a carb 36mm works great, and a torque spacer if u want

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    oops....i sold him the top end hes using. it is ported to hell, and it ran very srrong on my R, so he needs no internal work done.
    a pipe, reeds, and carb are about it, unless he has the head cut and runs high compression.

--
    I'm jelous now, the US market has everythin, my mate and I have 83-84 atc 250r's , the 84 has a 300 barrel, but we cant even get a piston for it in Aus, are they still making 300 kits in US or even piston kits for them, I looked at LA sleeve and Bear Boring but they only have 290 kits for mine... we were running 39 pwk's on them but was a bit large for the air cooled monsters, the 36 D works a treat....
    You guys sure have some top notch rides, cant wait to read all the forums.
    Cheers

--
    My son is a member on these boards. 1upfront is his screen name. The old aircoolers are his passion. He is running a piston for the 330 big bore liquid cooled Rs in his 300r. You need to have the bottom of the cylinder milled down in order to run them though. They are a little shorter than the stock 300rs. His is a real screamer.

Here is a picture he took of the two pistons with the pin in both to get an idea of the difference. The one on the right is the wiseco/lasleeve piston, the one on the left is a stock piston for the 300 cyl.

Here is a short clip of him racing it. This is a 300 foot track. 0 to 350cc 2stroke class.

Appalachian American Racing
    the home of
    Appalachian American Engineering

"Can't", never could do nothing

There's nothing like the sound of screaming 2strokes and the smell of race gas in the air

--
    Damn Daddio,My 82R is scary fast to me,that's just insanely fast!!!
    The other guy's didnt have a chance!

--
    I got a 39mm keihin carb off of e-bay...was about 190$ (new) and it made a good noticeable difference on my 86. Not sure how big you can go with the air fooler, probably the same but they do make a 36 and up sizes as well.
    My Trikes...

-1985 Big Red

-1986 250r

-1984 200x

-1980 110

-1980 ATC 185

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //