//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 225DR pictures for edog

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Trikes are not I.D'd by stickers, graphics, colors, fenders, tanks, shocks, or anything other than the VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER!
    ID this then, Mr. Only-the-vin-tells-me-what-it-is-because-I-have-no-common-sense

Or this one!

The frame it's self gives it away. Not to mention the colors, badging, and decals.

too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

--
    White Honda trike and a red framed KTM Dirt bike!!! Yeah, yeah yeah, I RULE.. Im da man! Woot Woot!
    what did I win?

Seriously though, that KTM is pretty sweet!!!

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by czac View Post
    White Honda trike and a red framed KTM Dirt bike!!! Yeah, yeah yeah, I RULE.. Im da man! Woot Woot!
    what did I win?

Seriously though, that KTM is pretty sweet!!!
    Not a Honda though :P and doesn't have a vin number. And if you tried buying parts via the engine vin, well, you wouldn't get the right parts!!!

And that is KTM orange TYVM! And the "vin" number on that specific bike only gives the production order. The problem with the production order is that,,, say it's number 08792. 08793 may be a 400. So you can't go by that vin either!!!

I was talking with the owner of my local shop and an old Honda service tech and they both laughed at the idea of ONLY usin the vin to ID a bike. No, you have to take sooooo much more into consideration. DoucheOCbikes is just ignorant and thinks he knows everything and is a self-proclaimed genius and it's ridiculous.
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

--
    okaaay.. lol

not a Honda? damn I was wrong, curses! lol

--
    Wow! A 6+ year old thread about a trike that may or may not still exist is dug up and at the end of the day it seems what this is going to come down to is who has most recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express? Cool!!! As you were.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Sorry to say it is not mint but it is a GEORGEOUS SURVIVOR!! Trikes are not I.D'd by stickers, graphics, colors, fenders, tanks, shocks, or anything other than the VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER! Hopefully this trike is still in immaculate condition, I LOVE the black DRs.

Thanks! That's what I would have to say also. It has never had anything fixed , replaced, or restored, (other than cleaning the carb) and its been ridden, not a lot but it has. I didn't even wash it for those pictures, just rinsed it with the hose. Hopefully I'll have some time in the fall so I can clean her up, clean the carb and throw in a new battery.
    ATC's
    86 ATC 250R w/ 85 engine.
    85 ATC 250R beginning a restoration.
    85 Yamaha 225DR all original and Mint. http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=84313
    85 Yamaha Tri-Zinger http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=84874

PWC's
    95 SL750 tweaked
    96 SLX almost stock
    96 Hurricane currently tweaking
    96 Hurricane needs an engine / maybe a triple?

Sled
    97 XLT w/ SLP pipes, reverse, ......

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Wow! A 6+ year old thread about a trike that may or may not still exist is dug up and at the end of the day it seems what this is going to come down to is who has most recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express? Cool!!! As you were.
    It still exists and isn't going anywhere. She's a keeper.
    ATC's
    86 ATC 250R w/ 85 engine.
    85 ATC 250R beginning a restoration.
    85 Yamaha 225DR all original and Mint. http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=84313
    85 Yamaha Tri-Zinger http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=84874

PWC's
    95 SL750 tweaked
    96 SLX almost stock
    96 Hurricane currently tweaking
    96 Hurricane needs an engine / maybe a triple?

Sled
    97 XLT w/ SLP pipes, reverse, ......

--
    Wow man! I'm glad you still have it and won't ever get rid of it, it is obviously in good hands!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I think I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once. Or was that a Motel 6? I don't recall there being a light left on for me though, Unless it was a red roof inn... Oh well, I know at least, it wasn't a Howard Johnsons!

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //