//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: project 350 Update Progress has been made

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by andnuaa View Post
    Thanks for the compliments 250RNUT I really appreciate them. Edog your more than welcome to come down to Miami and take for me since you are the best photographer around
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUBB1lOLD6k

andnuaa is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Cool project 350

Well not much has happened just put the new carburetor on and the clutch cable and most of the wiring harness. I am Still looking for a break rotor hub that's in good condition so I can finish up the rear end. That's all for now I will keep you guys updated as I go

--
    one thing I'm kinda curious about, why the stock carb?
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I really wish you would post up some clearer pics.
    I am diggin your build!!!

--

Cool project 350

Goat the reason for the stock card is because I wasn't sure what other carbs would fit except the 400ex which I didn't think would be all that better also I got the new 350x carb very cheap Edog I will try my hardest next time I take so they will be nice and clear for you

--
    Sneaky carb thief, no wonder that box you shipped me was a little lite. The thirtyseven mm fcr of the 250 dirtbike fits all you need is a small piece of hose to run the stock airbox system.

I'm quite curious about this project of yours.

Patiently waiting..

--

Cool project 350

Well here is a little update I finally finished sanding and polishing the bottom triple tree and got it mounted. Tomorrow I will drill out the holes for the front fender and get that mounted. I am still looking for a rear brake rotor hub that's in good condition so I can finish up my rear end. Well that's it for now

--
    Quote Originally Posted by andnuaa View Post
    Well here is a little update I finally finished sanding and polishing the bottom triple tree and got it mounted. Tomorrow I will drill out the holes for the front fender and get that mounted. I am still looking for a rear brake rotor hub that's in good condition so I can finish up my rear end. Well that's it for now

--
    That's a great looking build. I see that the steering stop guard has a crack in it...so does mine! I thought about having a stainless one fabricated because that guard is not made too well. Where did you get the plastic ring that goes in the brakeline line guide? I thought the ring was discontinued....yours look new.

Honda
    86 350X - Full Restomod
    85 250R - Next for Frame Up
    85 Big Red - Clean Original

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350Kris View Post
    That's a great looking build. I see that the steering stop guard has a crack in it...so does mine! I thought about having a stainless one fabricated because that guard is not made too well. Where did you get the plastic ring that goes in the brakeline line guide? I thought the ring was discontinued....yours look new.
    I got it a while back on eBay for only $7

--
    deffinately a nice build for sure, I like the polished look on the tripples,, good job, keep it up!
    My rides, 1985 ATC 350X, With legit Lamborghini Countach paint,2003 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider,customised the way I like it! 1997 GMC Sierra is gone, primary mode of transportation, 2008 Toyota Yaris!

Check out my build thread of my 350X
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?95389-Tank-s-1985-350X-build-is-FINALLY-all-done!-)
    Screw giving away the Harley, It's payed for!!

--
    Friggin awesome!!!

Would you mind telling me the process you used polishing the triple. What grit paper did you use and such.

Thanks

SeaBass8

--
    start big, go small, remove 4 hours of your life. And you end up with something as sexy as that.

Patiently waiting..

--

Thumbs up project 350

lol Goat it takes a little bit longer than 4 hours. SeaBass8 as for my steps I glass bead the part with real fine beads then I start with 120 grit sandpaper To get all of the deep scratches out of the parts and than i work my way up to 220,400,600,1200,2200 make sure you use wet sandpaper. After that I use this kit I got at Harbor freight I use the black compound than the brown and then white and then when I'm done with that I put the chrome polish on the part and use one of the buffing wheels and the kit to give it that shine. And thanks for all of the complements I really do appreciate them

Last edited by andnuaa; 11-09-2008 at 02:21 PM.

--
    Thanks for the info. I got to get more sand paper!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //