//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Fuel Tank!!!!!!!!!

--
    this is true.. but you need 1 to start with.. and no one has stepped up to make rears
    Ride it like you stole it! And never look back! They are too far behind to see!

--
    most of the rears are PVC , so the question is who wants to let a mold maker work with there only set of plastic (25 year old brittle) fenders????

BUT , I do know someone working on this

1985 Tiger 250LC
    1985 Tiger 200LC

1985 ATC 350X
    1985 ATC 200x
    1973 ATC 70 (resto project)
    ATC 70 Full A+ Suspension Mini Tiger
    and many more!!!
    1991 District-6 Open 4 Wheel 4-Stroke Expert Hare Scramble Champ

Blue Line Graphics
    Custom and Reproduction Decals
    http://www.bluelinedecals.com/

--
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterroo View Post
    just a shame to see it parted in my opinion. something as rare as tigers should be kept as complete as possible. even though his was far from done, just to have a roller like he has/had would be the cream in my corn!
    I gotta say,just like any nice/mint/rideable atc we see parted out.It is a shame.But that one bike probable gets many back up and running again.Now for a Tiger to be parted.We might see some more come out of the woods.It is a shame but again ask anyone who is going to bid.They are more then happy to see a roller being sacrificed for them!!

iowarotax is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Im pretty excited about the chance of getting a fender. Im not getting my hopes up too high. I know ebay is hit and miss. My friend restores older Vettes and Ski-Natique boats. He thinks he can reproduce them. Hopefully some more Tiger fenders will be available in the next 6 months.
    198? 250 Tiger 198? 200 Tiger 198? Tiger 500 1985 KTM 500 1985 Can-Am mx-lc 250 1988 ATK406

iowarotax is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Im not excited any more. Im out!!
    198? 250 Tiger 198? 200 Tiger 198? Tiger 500 1985 KTM 500 1985 Can-Am mx-lc 250 1988 ATK406

--
    I attempted to work for a few people in regards to the rear fender.. I NEED one to finish/repair my trike.. So if it goes high.. I will be all over it..

I wanted to have someone reproduce them and I would have not started bidding, but no luck..

--
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to go to $600. I know a guy that would build a mold for $650 ready to start reproducing the rears, But $800+ is insane!

All I can say is Mike is feeling the love
    '85 Cagiva 200
    '86 Cagiva 500
    '82 ATC 480R
    '83 ATC 250R DG
    '83 Nicholson 185s
    Owned 5 Franks, sold 4, have one left.

--
    I am with Bigbore, hang on guys looks like a wild ride ahead. Then again, we have seen NOS 350x fenders go for over $2000.

--
    well you figure there is probaly 5-10 of us at the most that "need" tiger fenders.. i thought we could work together to get them made.. if I win the auction, I will do what I can to have them made.. I promise..

--
    I was gonna jump on the wagon when it was around 375 or something. Was gonna get a local boat building company to reproduce them to sell too you guys in need. Then I could fund building a Tiger too, maybe trade fenders for parts,lol . But I decided to stay away from driving the price and then it went nuts and I cant afford to go that high right now. Hopefully one of you guys gets it.
    1986 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 X2 ATC 70's
    1985 XL 80

If you have bought or sold with me please leave feedback.

--
    Reproductions are great when there are no other options (very likely for tiger folk) but its like a maier to an OEM....hardcore collectors want the "real thing" ! I had the front produced but I need to contact who did it because I have an order for 5 more and havent heard back in a while....a long while, I have been busy and I am sure he has been as well but the mold is made!!! I lost a perfect original PVC front because the release agent wouldnt release proper on the PVC....having a mold made from PVC on a rear is a risk I just wont ever take after my experience.
    Last edited by Orangecnty250r; 06-14-2008 at 06:33 PM.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    I just said Holy Sh!t out loud when I saw the auction. been watching, but didnt place a bid, there are others who need fenders worse than I do. Im OUT. I really need a front fender though. I will buy a reproduction, but I guess if OC is having trouble getting them, then where do I stand? Same with Decals, whats the story with those? I understand the efforts involved in getting parts made for these machines, and applaud those who have taken these projects to completion! Hope I dont come across as annoying or impatient, just wondering if I got into the game a little late, I feel I am making great progress with the restore, it will have some unrestored parts on it (tank and shroud, they cleaned up great) just waiting on a few minor parts as far as hardware is concerned, after that it is mainly the tiger specific stuff, (front fender and decals) and its about as complete as I can get it. sorry if I got off track guys. HH

--
    OK in the next week I will be talking to my guy again, He was up and said no problem on the fenders and will make them( I talked to 2 moldmakers and they both said they can do it). I will get a price, but orginals are better for some people. I do not need a fender but would like some to toss on to ride around the yard. I will post when I get more info. I have NOS unmounted scoop, two rear fenders, and one front fender to make repos of. I can not gurentee a rear fender will be availble soon but I have been in contact and He sais hes ready for me.

1985 Tiger 250LC
    1985 Tiger 200LC

1985 ATC 350X
    1985 ATC 200x
    1973 ATC 70 (resto project)
    ATC 70 Full A+ Suspension Mini Tiger
    and many more!!!
    1991 District-6 Open 4 Wheel 4-Stroke Expert Hare Scramble Champ

Blue Line Graphics
    Custom and Reproduction Decals
    http://www.bluelinedecals.com/

--
    Im in for a couple of sets. I would be happy with reproductions. Hopefully Bill will come up with the fronts. On the decals for Harry, I looked for the link to S&S graphics, but cant find it. Maybe Bill can give the info.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecnty250r View Post
    Reproductions are great when there are no other options (very likely for tiger folk) but its like a maier to an OEM....hardcore collectors want the "real thing" ! I had the front produced but I need to contact who did it because I have an order for 5 more and haven’t heard back in a while....a long while, I have been busy and I am sure he has been as well but the mold is made!!! I lost a perfect original PVC front because the release agent wouldn’t release proper on the PVC....having a mold made from PVC on a rear is a risk I just wont ever take after my experience.
    I've had an order in for 2 with the same guy also with no update, as well as 3 glass '82 250R seat pans and a glass '82 185S seat pan

My PVC rears to my Tiger are O.K. and could be used for a mold but like you said the PVC and doesn't release well with just carnauba wax and I didn't want to lose them.

Put me down to 2 sets of rears!

OC - Did you get with Maier about the Cagiva red plastic sets yet?
    '85 Cagiva 200
    '86 Cagiva 500
    '82 ATC 480R
    '83 ATC 250R DG
    '83 Nicholson 185s
    Owned 5 Franks, sold 4, have one left.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //