//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Fuel Tank!!!!!!!!!

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    looks like the tank will go relatively cheap.

--
    they are gone back to $400 again. ???
    1986 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 X2 ATC 70's
    1985 XL 80

If you have bought or sold with me please leave feedback.

iowarotax is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I saw that too. WTF? The $820.00 bid disapeared last night.
    198? 250 Tiger 198? 200 Tiger 198? Tiger 500 1985 KTM 500 1985 Can-Am mx-lc 250 1988 ATK406

--
    Last night when I posted it went down from $820 to $740. Then all the way down to $400 now back up to $580.... Something STINKS!
    '85 Cagiva 200
    '86 Cagiva 500
    '82 ATC 480R
    '83 ATC 250R DG
    '83 Nicholson 185s
    Owned 5 Franks, sold 4, have one left.

--
    Something definatly smells fish with that! Be careful guys.............
    1991 CR500 (monster)
    1984 200s (the beater)
    1984 atc 70 (the kids)

--
    $760 it went for after. And the tank $153.50. All too the same buyer. Hes a happy man.
    1986 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 X2 ATC 70's
    1985 XL 80

--
    I was second bidder on both of those ...Those are the VERY early model tiger rear fenders and tank....Both are slightly different than almost all of us have!!!
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    "Reproductions are great when there are no other options (very likely for tiger folk) but its like a maier to an OEM....hardcore collectors want the "real thing" !"

Sorry,I gotta disagree with that statement. the Tiger fender is so simple, and there is nothing molded into it, like a honda,(warnings, etc) and where it mounts is perfectly flat,so a repo WILL fit perfectly, and the few Tigers I have owned , each fender looked different, so the repo-vs-original does not hold up with these machines, especially being hand made. The only way anyone could tell a repo from an original, is that the original would be yellowed and brittle, ie, look like crapola,
    just my.02
    Haspin veteran '02, '03, '04, '05

"Hey is your dash-cam on? Are we gonna be on C.O.P.S?"

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    I agree with Trikeaholic 100%. Any good shop can make them identical to the old thing. Even your busted fenders. I know this because I have seen it done first hand. As well my 250r's front fender was FibreGlass when I got her. And Tigers were hand made and all a bit different so I figures repo's would be sweet. And imagine you could ride your Tiger and not worry about busting the fenders. Just get a new one if you do.
    1986 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 X2 ATC 70's
    1985 XL 80

--
    PVC what is this? Why not get ahold of dc plastic and he could make you plastic ones.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    You guys are TOTALLY missing the point of the repros...The front repro I had done looks better than any of my other fronts....gorgeous....BUT its a repro. The repro rears will look great if done proper !!!!! but I would MUCH rather have an all original bike with materials that date back to the time it was produced.(just like in car collector world)........ (thats what separates the men from the boys in collectors is the pursuit of ORIGINAL and authentic equipment that came from a specific era..In collector world that feels better and is worth much more.
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    I see your point aswell, but it sure would be nice to see some Tigers on the move and not worrying about fenders.
    1986 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 X2 ATC 70's
    1985 XL 80

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockey View Post
    I see your point aswell, but it sure would be nice to see some Tigers on the move and not worrying about fenders.
    Absolutely!!!! and I can see the push for them, I was just trying to point out why some people would spend more onions on the real thing from that era.

--
    Ok my account was just activated a day after my TIGER auction ended. I have been away from 3WW awhile and have a new email address so I had to reregister and it took a week to be able to post. Well I guess by now everybody saw I deceided to sell the Tiger. I have had it a while and it was just to incomplete and in bad shape for me to want to rebuild. The tail section of the frame rusted away. Any way I know you do not throw away Tiger parts. I had people wanting me to end the auction and sell them all the parts. I did not want to do that. I have been around 3WW for a looong time and knew that my bike would help you guys that need individual parts. All my friends and even my girlfriend always wondered why I still have that rusted old bike with no motor. And I would always have to say That is the AMERICAN MADE TIGER. There were only so many of them ever made. Anyway I deceided it was time to let some guys get some parts they need. That is why I wanted these parts to go to good homes. Enjoy them and cherish these rare parts as i know you will. Just you guys remember as Trikeaholic said I was the FIRST one to post pictures of the Tiger when most did not have a picture to visualize what they looked like. I am happy to read all the Tiger pages now. I still have the restored 250R, The original short cylinder 200R, and a '85 Big Red. I was into my boats for a while but now I am going to start to give that 200R some attention.
    Attached Images Attached Images

iowarotax is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanks alot for making the parts available to us!! I needed that rotor for my 200. I wish I could of spent more $$ on the fender, but hopefully some repos will be made in the future. Thanks again.
    198? 250 Tiger 198? 200 Tiger 198? Tiger 500 1985 KTM 500 1985 Can-Am mx-lc 250 1988 ATK406

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //