//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 350x Project

--
    Man, that's the american way! LOL Do you have a deal on powdercoating down there? Heck, your 350x is going to be nicer than mine since it's not powdercoated. Keep up the good work.

Jonpin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

i think so

my dads friend who i go riding with sometimes hes got some sweet property to ride on his son works at a place that does it so my dad took the stuff to him today so it will be done as soon as possible but im thinking now that i need a the left side of the motor cause mines all repaired from the chain blowing threw it gonne suck to have all this work into with a scary motor
    05 Kingquad 700 85 200x 85 250es 85 350x

85 350x rider project 85 350x (project) watch the progress here http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=85959

Goin to prove you can polish a turd "so far it takes a lot of cash to buff that brown out'

Jonpin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Ok heres another update on my bike i got the motor and frame apart whith very disapointing notices my block is basicly done my rear axle after taking the other rim and hub off down right hilarious the frame well weve all seen better frames too but i will not give up ill keep going at it and heres some more pics

my rear shock and old swing arm

heres my frame getting ready to be bead blasted repaired and powder coated

pretty sure these are supposed to be round holes but what size i dont know

whish they had a case saver on

my axle WOW are there even words for this common

more things you dont want to find on your frame

my forks these actually seem pretty good aside from the nasty boots that have become glue like stickyness thats just dont come off your hands hardly

Last edited by Jonpin; 08-04-2008 at 02:27 PM.

85 350x rider project 85 350x (project) watch the progress here http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=85959

Goin to prove you can polish a turd "so far it takes a lot of cash to buff that brown out'

--
    Yikes! looks like you got your hands full for sure. I would start looking for another frame. that one is shot!

--
    Wow, thats some messed up stuff! Somebody had fun riggin that ride

I too would look for another frame, wrap a piece of tubing around the area where they snap and gusset it up.

I did a great job repairing my buds and it was allot of work, but it's holding up great and I don't think it will ever break in that area again....

Keep up the good work, stay focussed!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Well i just orderd new center cases for my bike have no idea how hard that is going to be to switch out hope its not to bad any idea's or tips would be greatly appreciated but i still need a good stator cover wish i could find one and a good place to get a cheap gtasket kit for it and after its apart i will see what i need to do with the piston new rings no matter what i think a new timing chain to was look at new oil seals also any thoughts on this will be great

--
    ok well heres an early update and pics of beutiful freshly powder coated parts gonna feel bad to put them on anything and even worse to ride the bike when its done gonna freak out if it gets dirty lol next will be the tank and frame after getting a dent out of the tank and lots of fab work on the frame the guys welding on it weld air craft parts all day so i know its going to look great and it will be done right access to a machine shop and good people rules so heres the pics

swinger and hubs

trying to so how how smooth and shiney this is

the swinger and all its glory

Last edited by Jonpin; 08-08-2008 at 06:22 AM.

--
    Scratch the frame and spend the 100.00 to get one that doesnt need so much work. You will be so much happier with the end results.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny's X View Post
    Scratch the frame and spend the 100.00 to get one that doesnt need so much work. You will be so much happier with the end results.
    do u have one for a 100 bucks i cant find one for a decent price the shipping is crazy on them too

--
    Well heres a little update since i have been slacking on this not much to do till parts are in and the powder and fab work is done but here are some parts iv got in i have over 1000 in it now just added it up and im like WTF i could have got a nice one for that but its fun building your own and knowing its realy nice and ill know every bolt and gear on that bike

iv had the lites but i cleaned them up the new center cases and hew boots

the new center cases

new carb and decal for model

DarkestGKnight is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    looking very good so far.
    1982 yamaha rx50.
    2001 murray minibike with 5hp.
    fully modded goped.
    250cc 4 stroke shifter kart in the process.

--
    well heres more update well rather more part i got in for the bike so i have my gasket set so its getting closer to time to tare down the motor ill probly just take the top end off first and a bike shop or my dad take it to work to have it measured out to see if its been bored out im guessing it has been but im just going on a sticker the was on the plastics had a wieco sticker so im guessing its a possibility im wondering if its worth boring it a few sizes over or not and if so how to figure out if it needs bigger jets or not it has a super trap exaust to well any ways heres the picture

axle thanks to vealmonkey "has helped tremendously through this project"
    grab bar thanks to chris200x

--
    That is a VERY nice axle, money well spent.....

Only bore it large enough to take out any cylinder scratches or egg shaping. Another MM or so won't add much in terms of power....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Well its been to long since iv updated this iv been slacking for say, but i got a stator cover finaly and its going to take some cleaning but its in better shape than mine ,its not all busted up, still waiting for my dad to bead blast stuff hes just been to busy, well heres some more pics

stator cover and light guard

light guard

stator cover

DarkestGKnight is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    you gonna paint the engine? looks good so far, also check bikeboneyard.com for another frame they sell they pretty cheap.
    1982 yamaha rx50.
    2001 murray minibike with 5hp.
    fully modded goped.
    250cc 4 stroke shifter kart in the process.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //