//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Tec 175 Beginning

piroguedog is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    What i want to know is when can I buy one of these genius creations? Im pumped about having one on my MOTO! WOuld love to have the kicker as well once your done and can look back to say what the best way to go about it is.
    1985 ATC 250SX
    1982 TRI-MOTO175
    1986 ATC 200s

--
    The Tecate Kid, Here is a teaser of the Pro Tec 175 suspension set-up that I had to make the pieces for. What do you think? Not the correct shock, but it is a Pro Tec suspension 175 kit that would make your 175 have rear suspension. You would be best off finding a newer shock around the same size. And my suspension set-ups don't have the correct rear chain tensioner wheel for any of them. Something else that needs fabbed up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tmpphp9PNKuB.jpg   tmpphpsLDU1t.jpg   tmpphpClwH3L.jpg   tmpphpENzTpv.jpg   tmpphpUCsy7d.jpg   tmpphpqQjpQk.jpg  

--
    could u fit a yamaha blaster swing arm on a tri moto?
    3 wheelaholic

ATC200/CR480 custom

1984 atc250r near mint

wr450f trike on the way

Trizinger for my sons

--
    I don't know if you can or not? Then you would have to make provisions for the upper shock mount and stuff. Maybe you can try it and let us know how it turns out.

--
    ya i've been thinkin about it, but i think that the swing arm is to long and then the bike would be tipy. but i will try a rear axle swap
    3 wheelaholic

ATC200/CR480 custom

1984 atc250r near mint

wr450f trike on the way

Trizinger for my sons

the tecate kid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Let me get back to you about it. Those parts you fabbed up look good. I have a few aftermarket chain tensioners laying around that we run on my son's supermini quads, so thats not a big deal. Is that swingarm aluminum?
    Been There...Dug That.

the tecate kid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Oh yeah, is that old shock that comes with it the correct length? The same as the correct bilstein?
    Been There...Dug That.

--
    The shocks are the same length. The eye for the shock on that kit is missing though. It was a pain fabbing those parts up. If you had a jig and maybe something that pressed those parts into shape it wouldn't be so bad. The swingarm is hollow sand cast aluminum, which I bet would be a pain to get reproduced. The disc brake arm was originally sand cast aluminum too, but the best I could do was have a piece of aluminum machined down. When I went to have it done, the aluminum wasn't thick enough so I had to have to pieces stick welded to make up the difference and then machined to the correct height. It didn't turn out to bad and the dimensions are correct and everything seems to bolt up OK, which I thought was the most important part. I guess with a little elbow grease, that aluminum brake arm could be made to look really nice and either polished up or get a nice finish with a bead blaster that would look pretty close to the sand cast finish of the swingarm.

--
    Right now I'm working on an aftermarket front end. The front end I have is for the hondas, so I have to switch steering stems. Not quite as easy as it sounds and I've come across a slight slowdown on the honda triples, but I finally got the honda stem off the aftermarket triples and the yamaha stem off the 175 triple. Now, I have to machine the aftermarket triples to take the yamaha stem and fabricate a part to hold the stem to the lower aftermarket triple. Machining time at work is the main slow down. But it's progressing slowly. Then once I get this done, I'll figure out what I'll have to do with the engines or engine. I'm not sure if I have to combine the 2 engines yet or not as I haven't looked real closely into that yet. Also, I'm getting a real nice goody box together for you.

--
    I was just wondering if there was any progress on this project if there is please post some pictures.

Thanks, Alex
    1982 Yamaha YT125 tri-moto - Boyesen power reeds, YT175 front suspension, Headlight guard.
    1982 Yamaha YT175 tri-moto - Running but ugly
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 tri-zinger - Boyesen power reeds

My feedback.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=old-yellow
    My album
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=98

--
    There has been no progress on the front forks. My machinist friends have been busy at work, which leaves little time for government jobs. I did manage however to pick this up for a steal off ebay. If I told you what I paid for it with shipping, well, you wouldn't be happy. But here are a few pics. And it is cherry as cherry can be. Even has the original band for the tool pouch on it! Not a scratch, not a tear, not a rip, not a dent, not a spec of rust and look how bright and yellow and fresh that foam is. Not a recovered seat, all new. Now if I could only find the NOS tank cover...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tmpphpjV9eOH.jpg   tmpphprQtmKV.jpg   tmpphpT0SFkl.jpg   tmpphpKXhhwQ.jpg   tmpphpNDAg7E.jpg  

--
    looks nice! cant ait to see it on the bike.

--
    Nice find!
    1982 Yamaha YT125 tri-moto - Boyesen power reeds, YT175 front suspension, Headlight guard.
    1982 Yamaha YT175 tri-moto - Running but ugly
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 tri-zinger - Boyesen power reeds

My feedback.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=old-yellow
    My album
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=98

2quicktecate is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    sweet project. i miss my old yt175. if i had the susp. kit i would of kept it. that thing was dangerous being a hard tail!! had the back tires 5 feet off the ground hitting a pot hole at top speed, it was also very hard on my back... but a suspended one will be sweet!
    84 kxt250 tecate3
    87 kxf250 tecate4

88 yfm100 yamaha champ
    85 200x high compression screamer

Dam'n your bike must be fast! You were haulin ass when i passed you on my KAWASAKI

--
    that is the nicest yt seat i've seen
    3 wheelaholic

ATC200/CR480 custom

1984 atc250r near mint

wr450f trike on the way

Trizinger for my sons

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //