//ArrowChat Code
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Pro Tec 175 Beginning

--
    It has blaster reeds and spacers for it now, but it's not mine anymore.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    So i'm not the first on the reed cage - damn lol

It got the triples and boyesen ports?
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    I really don't know what boysen ports are.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    Ports that go from the intake to the transfers. Heres a pic of my brothers port job with the boyesen's, you'll probably recognize them. .

They we're designed by the guy who designed the boyesen reeds :-p

I'm gonna build up the aluminim on mine and make them HUGE.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    So Im not the only one who put a clutch on a yt...
    I have a yt125 and bought a Yamaha blaster top end for it. These are not a bolt on mod. You have to remove .378'' from the top of the jug , witch includes the whole top cooling fin. Then you need to open up the cylinder mounting holes for the bigger studs and drill out the clutch cable holder. The exhaust must be ground down to fit into the jug , then you have to weld a few beads around the pipe so that clamp can hold the pipe. I also use a 32mm carb with this and a clamp on air cleaner. I use a custom pipe using cones for a couple dirt bikes and a FMF shorty. This set up was great until my clutch started slipping , so I put new plates and springs in my clutch and it lasted about 4 hours of ride time until it was slipping so i decided I needed a manual clutch.
    Phase II Manual Clutch
    After looking at lots of Pictures on ebay I decided the best way to get a clutch was to pay $130 to get a 79-81 MX 175 lower end shipped to my door. Before I bought it I found out it is a 6 speed , witch is always nice, I then put it in the frame and found out the output shaft is too short. Then I split my MX 175 cases and my YT125 cases to build my motor. I stripped off both output shafts and put the 6 speed gears on the yt output shaft and put my cases together. I then went to put the Kick starter in and found out that the kick starter gear runs on the out put shaft in the MX and the yts output shaft is too short and dosn't go through the bearing.
    I also had hydraulic rear brakes until my caliper mount broke off and ripped the brake line but thats another story.
    It fun , With a 12 tooth front sprocket and the 6 speed trany It dose 65 down the road.
    What I learned , 1 A YT can be made a manual you just need a clutch , linkage , actuator arm and a hollow input shaft. 2 You just can't put a kick starter in a YT frame because you need the YT output shaft.

--
    Sorry, I couldn't resist dragging this old post back up! Way back in '09 you guys were discussing a Pro-Tech sticker. Is this it? It's on the front fender of the old junk 175 with a Pro-Tech kit that I drug up three or four years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0388.JPG   IMG_0389.JPG   IMG_1703.jpg  
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)
    1982 ATC70 - Original Owner

175 TriMoto Frame with Pro-Tec Rear Suspension

3-Wheelin' since '82

--
    Hi Jeb!! Hope your well...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Hi Jeb!! Hope your well...
    Doing all right! How have you been? Good to see you're still around!
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)

3-Wheelin' since '82

--
    Jeb, any chance we could get you to send that front fender to Bruce Allenman so he can reproduce that sticker?

I'm pretty sure he can do t without damaging it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeb View Post
    Sorry, I couldn't resist dragging this old post back up! Way back in '09 you guys were discussing a Pro-Tech sticker. Is this it? It's on the front fender of the old junk 175 with a Pro-Tech kit that I drug up three or four years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Do you end up restoring that Pro-Tec Jeb? Thats a great find.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Mielke View Post
    Jeb, any chance we could get you to send that front fender to Bruce Allenman so he can reproduce that sticker?

I'm pretty sure he can do t without damaging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey Louis! Yes I could do that. If he can copy it without ruining it. Nothing about the fender or its decals are good but it has that neat vintage vibe. I'd like to find a nice front fender and a new pro tech decal would be awesome! PM me the details. If thats what people still do here! LOL
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)

3-Wheelin' since '82

--
    Quote Originally Posted by xrider View Post
    Do you end up restoring that Pro-Tec Jeb? Thats a great find.
    Hey xrider! Only recently have I started messing with it. I was browsing Craigslist one day about 4 years ago and saw this junk Tri-Moto 175 with a shock and turf tamers in the background of a picture for an add selling go carts . I bought it for $50. I took a couple pictures and posted it here. I dissambled it and put it in the storage building. Well last weekend I moved it out of the way to get to some stuff and when I was done I started tinkering with it and put it back together. I swapped the bars for a set of new gold Fly aluminum bars that I've had laying around a while and some other "junk" I had laying around. It has a low hour nice Ohtsu H-Trak P/V 301 front tire on a rusty stock steel rim. That tire gives it a cool look, I think that's the stock tire for ATC250SX. The red Pro Grips and red Fox crossbar pad are left overs from my red 84 Tecate from days of old. This Tri-Moto has a twist throttle on it. The left hand-brake lever is a Tecate clutch lever. The perch, I'm not sure. The stock lockable perch is still on the stock bars that are slightly bent. The yellow Acerbis number plate I've had since the 80s, I ran it on one of my dirt bikes back then. I think all that stuff made it look cool! I need a seat, pipe, and engine. I also need the rear brake and sadly I'm missing the Pro Tech caliper mount. I got a pretty nice rear fender off eBay this week. Any way here it is in all it's glory!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1793.jpg   IMG_1790.jpg  
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)

3-Wheelin' since '82

--
    The 175cc 2stroke is a fun size engine...they go well ,when ya get then wound up !!!!

Ol Deuce
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

--
    They sure do! I've got an old '78 DT175 in storage. It was my first dirt bike, give a hundred bux for it in 1987! It used to sport that yellow Acerbis number plate. Wonder if it's motor will bolt in that yt175? I'd have a clutch but don't know how I'd start it without pushing it.
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)

3-Wheelin' since '82

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeb View Post
    They sure do! I've got an old '78 DT175 in storage. It was my first dirt bike, give a hundred bux for it in 1987! It used to sport that yellow Acerbis number plate. Wonder if it's motor will bolt in that yt175? I'd have a clutch but don't know how I'd start it without pushing it.
    Jeb.........put a hand pull on it !!! That may work out very well !!! STTA !!!!! Ol Deuce
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //