//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A REMINDER to all ebay bidders from OC!!!!

--

A REMINDER to all ebay bidders from OC!!!!

A general reminder of the ebay rules and collector courtesy....to maybe save someone from the headaches

People seem to forget sometimes

I have listed a few rare parts recently with "buy it nows" ....While at work I checked my emails and saw a few sold...all the black tri Z parts. Emails were sent by a potential buyer (a member here) if I would cut a deal on the package...because at work I didnt see them....the buyer then bought it all with buy it nows without my response...he then sent another email asking if I could cut a deal..I have never heard of such a request....hit buy it nows and renegotiate

Well I thought about it decided I would be nice because he was a member here and offer free shipping (the buyer is in the UK so it will be at least 70 bucks out of my pocket....the buyer seemed cool with that but then does the I'm away and i'll pay you next week thing...I am still cool with that and box it all up and I am a taping maniac.

Now for the kicker....I get an email last night saying he was given a nice tri Z airbox cover and asked how nice is the one he bought off me...I replied nice..he thought his new one might be nicer...I replied well now you have 2 nice ones. He mentioned if his was nicer he wouldnt need the one he bought off me....

Now i'm losing my cool.....
    1. I offered free shipping overseas (didnt have to)
    2. Boxed it all up
    3. Still waiting for payment
    4. Payed listing and FINAL VALUE fee on the amount he bought it for
    5. Now he wants me to unbox what ive done and I wont do it!!!!!

THE REMINDER
    1. A purchase on ebay is a legally binding contract.
    2. THINK before you hit the buy it now
    3. IF you buy it now you cant change your mind...we have all had second thoughts but once the button is hit ....its YOURS
    4. No negotiating after a commitment is made

Lets show some courtesy and etiquite when dealing on the NET whether its buying here on the boards or off ebay!!!!!!
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    Ya that would have me a little pissed too. Seems like some BS to me. I had something similar happen with a member here, then he got on here & tired saying I was ripping his dumb ass off.
    "In a society that tries to standardize thinking, individuality is not highly prized." -
    -- Alex grey

--
    Thats another reason I quit selling on eBay. Too many stupid people that like to bid first, then read the details of the auction.
    I had a $5 CDI listed with no worldwide shipping clearly stated. After the auction ends, I get an email from the guy saying he didnt see my shipping terms, but asked if Id ship to the UK anyway. Sorry bro, it doesnt work like that. I asked him for an address in the USA so he got me one. Shipped it, came back "undeliverable address didnt exist". I told him, and never heard back from him. I did however, get my ONLY negative feedback for going out of my way to help the guy out.
    Id rather give away my parts here, than sell on eBay to the illiterate asstards.
    Last edited by longbedGTs; 07-31-2008 at 11:08 AM.
    84 Honda 200ES Big Red

--
    i would tell the guy to kiss off and be done with him.
    83 ATC70
    85 ATC70
    85 200x vintage racer
    86 500r
    Lots of parts

My 500R

--
    So now what are you going to do?? You have a legal contract. What steps will you now take to get your money, and how long do you believe it will take?
    3 CR500R's and counting. Do I really need 4???
    Do I really need 9 Tigers?
    Laegers ATC500R
    DO NOT send any thing to whats his face (dirt-face/crasher) here on the board. What a scum bag. He screwed (stole) money from me and screwed me on my ME360 and Hondaline 300R engine rebuilds.

--
    This thread was not meant to attack him. I will deal with that through emails and ebay. This thread was meant to attack an egocentric way of thinking which is not on par with mine. The general attitude thats its all about one person and what works for them. Any deal should be fair and equitable for both parties.
    Last edited by Orangecnty250r; 07-31-2008 at 04:10 PM.
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

the tecate kid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    He bought it. PERIOD.
    Been There...Dug That.

--
    The local auto junk yard had a sign thats says,

"if what you bought is not what you need...

you now have a spare."

1985 Tiger 250LC
    1985 Tiger 200LC

1985 ATC 350X
    1985 ATC 200x
    1973 ATC 70 (resto project)
    ATC 70 Full A+ Suspension Mini Tiger
    and many more!!!
    1991 District-6 Open 4 Wheel 4-Stroke Expert Hare Scramble Champ

Blue Line Graphics
    Custom and Reproduction Decals
    http://www.bluelinedecals.com/

--
    simple, read the auction FULLY and dont bid if you dont agree to the sellers terms. some people are jsut idiots that way and it sad to see some of the cockamimi stories some people use to get out of having to pay for something they bought by hitting the buy it now. i have had this happen to me a few times! you hit buy it now, its yours! pay up sucka!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate - kx cylinder, kx ignition, bassani headpipe, answer silencer, v-force reeds, 38mm airstyker carb, +2 franks swinger, raptor rear shock.

1996 YSF240 Blaster - maxxed out!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SH-T, what a ride!"

--
    The fact that I have to take my time answer emails and report this if he doesnt pay within the next 12 hrs also aggravates me....I could be doing plenty of other things with my precious time!!!

--
    It must be your BAD luck with the 666 ebay feedback score.It has got to really be aggravating you.For someone has generous as you.To have to make a point,trying to advise people to think before they bid.It is very costly now a days on ebay to sell items.You were doing a huge favor for a member.And to get treated like this burns alot of us.I guess you will have to follow ebays rules and get your final value fees back at least.The insertion fees are gone.

This might be a calling to put the parts back in the closet..I think you are going to find a nice 85 1/2 Z that only needs a few OC style parts to be mint!!!!!!!!

--
    I want him to complete his deal

--
    Fair enough...

--
    If you buy something on e-bay, live up to ALL the terms of the auction! AND Pay when its due!

I feel for you. That would piss me off.
    '85 Cagiva 200
    '86 Cagiva 500
    '82 ATC 480R
    '83 ATC 250R DG
    '83 Nicholson 185s
    Owned 5 Franks, sold 4, have one left.

--
    I don't know who this member is, but he obviously doesn't seem to familiar with how Ebay works. Esp the "binding contract" part.... The other stunts he tried to pull are just continued ignorance. The fact that you were willing to go above and beyond must be even more frustrating to you......

I've gotten stuff in terrible shape listed as "great", I've gotten stuff 40 days AFTER I paid for it and I've had people go through Paypal to keep there item for free and use a false "return receipt" to get themselves a refund.

All and all, it is a done deal once you hit the "confirm bid" button and this buyer whoever he may be, needs to just take care of his obligation and receive the appropriate feedback when all has been completed.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //