//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC 70 BIG MOTOR SWAP?? Lifan or Honda???

--

ATC 70 BIG MOTOR SWAP?? Lifan or Honda???

Can anyone tell me what Lifan engines will bolt and go on the 78-85 atc 70? What about the honda 90 or 110? Looking for some suggestions to get a mad 70 finished up!! on3eatin4........... any help appreciated, gotta go ride some 70 wheelies across the yard to keep the neighbors guessing??? Lovin it !!! madtriken to you all....

--
    90/110 engines have to be modified or at least the frame has to be modified for the 90/110 engines to fit. All the lifans from 50-150 bolt in. But most of the time you have to have a different intake and then do some wiring. Then you have to figure if you want electric start or want to turn a kick start engine into a pull start engine. If you go electric, you need to mount a battery and such. It takes a little work and a little planning, but worth it in the end.

--
    I have a 110 lifan bolted on mine right now, just to ensure the fitament. As stated above those are pretty much the main thing you have to realize when putting a lifan. You cannot use the kick starter without adding some wheel spacers and trimming the fenders.....as they get in the way. But most that have the kick starter, also have E-start. For the battery and electrics, you have to use your imagination and do whatever works for you. It is endless what you can do to the buggers, its all up to you on what you like. As far as the motors are concerned, I think they are all fine. I have never heard of anyone having issues with the chinese motors.
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

Ride fast...........brake late............and Slide the rear!

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    You could try a GPX motor?

--
    The electric system might be different 6v to a 12v too. Doesn't take much to change. Good engine to mod. Beets
    80' Honda CR80R
    78' Honda XR75
    77' Honda CT-70
    74' Honda CT-70
    75' Yamaha GT80 Enduro
    76' Kawasaki KZ900
    73' Kawasaki H1-500
    76' Kawasaki H1-500
    They always run best before they blow!
    Manuals: http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

--
    lifan all day.

<---138 lifan w/ kickstart

electric start was too much hassle. no you dont need to extend the wheels to use the kicker. i just cut like 1 inch off of the kicker and it's fine. it's easier to stand in the front of the trike and kick it forward with your foot than to kick it backwards like your supposed to because the wheel is in the way.
    85 250SX New to me!!
    85 ATC 70 stock ~ TRADED
    85 ATC 70 with 138cc Lifan
    83 110 restored ~ sold
    85 110 restored ~ sold
    83 200x restored ~ sold

02 400ex ~~~SOLD

K&N filter
    K&N jet kit
    EHS Racing lid
    Removed choke 42 pilot DJ146 main
    HMF full exhaust
    AC skids
    Holeshot XCR rears
    14t front sprocket
    IMS Roll front bumper
    Graydon Proline nerfs

topless is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    We modified a TRX 90 pull start to use on the Lifan. The motor is one of the hot rodded 138cc Lifans and to start it, we put a bigger pull handle on the rope and wear a glove. If it kicks back, it will jerk that "T" handle right through your fingers, bare handed. It only took a couple of times before changes were made. It takes a little machining, which we can do, to use the pull start, but it kept the fenders intact.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by topless View Post
    We modified a TRX 90 pull start to use on the Lifan. The motor is one of the hot rodded 138cc Lifans and to start it, we put a bigger pull handle on the rope and wear a glove. If it kicks back, it will jerk that "T" handle right through your fingers, bare handed. It only took a couple of times before changes were made. It takes a little machining, which we can do, to use the pull start, but it kept the fenders intact.
    oh yeah, i dont have fenders

i'd post pics but i'm at work. if you search the atc 70 forum on the glamis dunes site you'll find everything you need to know, including pics of mine
    85 250SX New to me!!
    85 ATC 70 stock ~ TRADED
    85 ATC 70 with 138cc Lifan
    83 110 restored ~ sold
    85 110 restored ~ sold
    83 200x restored ~ sold

02 400ex ~~~SOLD

K&N filter
    K&N jet kit
    EHS Racing lid
    Removed choke 42 pilot DJ146 main
    HMF full exhaust
    AC skids
    Holeshot XCR rears
    14t front sprocket
    IMS Roll front bumper
    Graydon Proline nerfs

--
    POST UP SOME
    2- 85 Tri-Z's black and Yellow
    2- 85 250SX's
    1- 85 200X
    3-ATC 70's
    2- 85 tri-zinger's who needs some parts

--
    motor is shot on 84 ATC 70. Would like a pull start 90-110cc automatic transmission, not sure they make them or pull start adapters.
    It is for grandkids.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by doug357 View Post
    motor is shot on 84 ATC 70. Would like a pull start 90-110cc automatic transmission, not sure they make them or pull start adapters.
    It is for grandkids.

https://hondaatc70.com/products/bill...market-engines

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //