//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: whats you avg mpg you gets on your bikes

--
    i'm wondering, because next summer i plan on taking my 2-3 trikes with some friends to colorado for some mountain trail riding for a week, and i'd liek to knwo how much fuel we should pack. (hence the reason i spend the $ on my 200cc motor buildup for fueling and able to easly pull a small atv trailer)

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Crap.You cant even begin to guage it.
    My 310Z will drink a full tank around 3 gallons in about 30-40, 300 feet drag passes wide open.
    My ported R will drink almost a whole tank in about 16 miles of rough trails.

The 70 and 90,crap.
    I will run both of them for a month before they need gas.Each one will get about 10 hours out of a tank.

Who cares.Fill em up and ride.
    When in doubt,take more than you need.Some bum on the trail will always need some.LOL.
    Or start a toasty fire!
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

fla 2-stroke is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    my 86r with a 39 air striker can go about 25-30 miles on a tank on fast flat trails.my 85 350x will go about 48-55 miles on a full tank.my 83 300r is a gas sucker.Its power is at high rpms so you are in to it all day.most I get is 15-20 max.funny thing is that my strong running 87 trx250r gets less miles than the 86r does with a smaller carb.just like cars,they are all about how you drive them.I have been doing longer loops lately and unless I am on the 350x I carry 2.5 gallons in my 6 pack rack.

Twilight is offline Check my feedback before buying from me Roostin Away
    --
    My Honda Pilot will get about 10miles a gallon in a 2gal tank... ugh

My Honda 200e gets about 45-50miles to a tank

--
    I can ride all day in the sand with 3-4 gallons of gas(1986 tri-z 250cc).
    I don't ride too hard though.
    Last edited by njeffery; 09-18-2008 at 11:11 PM.

--
    so i can figure about 25-30 miles per tank. (mountian trails pulling a trailer about 250 extra lbs. ok. sounds fair.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    it totally depends on how you ride. I rode my 200x with a cobra on it hard 4-5 hours and burnt 1/4 of a tank! the 200x is probably the best sport bike for gas milage. you can run like a raped ape for ever and still have gas in the tank. My friends will last for 4 days! he does not ride hard but he rides it almost every day in winter.

SCRAMCHARGER318 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

whats you avg mpg you gets on your bikes

when my 86 250sx was stock with a little bigger main jet would get 5 full hours of anything you can throw at it, and im 210 pounds, now with a cobra exhuast and a ricks hot shot cdi box (like msd ignition for atv's) and no air box lid now i get 5 1/2 hours per tank of 93 octane.

1986 250sx
    1985 250es big red
    1985 250sx

--
    My 1984 ATC 125M will go FOREVER on a tank of gas. I have no idea of what the MPG is. I'm going to guess that its somewhere around 75mpg but I have no way of knowing. I have no odometer. I can tell you that it'll pretty easily get 8 fairly hard hours of use on a gallon of fuel. The last time I took it on a long ride I packed a 1 gallon gas can just in case. Rode for a full day. Had no use for the spare fuel. This was with a leaky carb too.... I'm fairly sure that it leaked more fuel on the ground than it burned. I recently ordered a $17 replacement carb off of Amazon and the machine is torn down in the garage at the moment. Once I get it all put together I'm sure the economy will only improve. TLDR? Fuel economy on the little 125cc or less machines is really really good.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //