//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: OTC 2009 Race Series

--
    After a nice vacation on a tropical island Im now back to business in the frozen midwest tundra.

Okay, I spoke with the promoter, Josh McFadden on the phone yesterday, and they are enthusiastic about another OTC performance again this year! There will be a 3 wheeler class on Sat. There will only be one class due to number of racers, probably about 8 or 9. Also, unlike other classes, if we have too many for gate, they will simply line up a second row behind the first rather than eliminate people in heat races from the main event in evening. He said ours was the only class he could do that because we are all such good sports and are racing to have fun. For classifications in rules, practice, etc., we are considered a quad class.

Required equipment (at about all races)Tether kill switch, helmet, boots covering ankle, long sleeves, long pants, eye protection (goggles, glasses,etc.)

Good news, CRA membership requirement is waived for 3 wheeler class! This is only for the Saturday 3 wheeler class. If you wish to race on Fri or Sun, or in any other class (which you can do if you meet class criteria) you will still need CRA membership. Also, if you plan to race other CRA events later in the year, it may be worthwhile. I will get it for us, because we run Faircross, and also to get the CRA magazine sent to us, but if Indoors is the only CRA race youll be doing, you can save $20 per rider on membership just like they did at Lightning.

Fri gates open at 3 pm
    Sat gates open at 9 am
    Sun gates open at 8 am

Race dates will be:

Friday Jan 9th, Feb 27
    Sign-up 6 pm
    Practice 7 pm
    Race 8 pm

Saturday Jan 10th, Feb 28
    Sign-up 9 am
    Practice 10 am
    Pro Practice 4 pm
    Heat Races 11 am
    Race Main event @ 7pm

Sunday Jan 11th, Mar 1st
    Sign-up 9am
    Practice 10 am
    Race 11 am

Go to http://www.racecra.org in the Publications and Forms section for a Pre-Entry Form This will save you $10 per class you sign up for. You have to print it out, and mail it in. Youll notice there is no "3 wheeler class" on the form. You will need to write it in. DO NOT USE the online registration. It will not work because our class is not listed. There is also more information here http://www.summitindoormx.com including some indooor flatrack in Jan and Feb.

Again, Summit Indoors is in Summit Co. Fairgrounds, in Tallmadge, OH on the corner of SR91 and Howe Rd., just a few miles north of I-76. From I-76 take SR91 north, cross Howe Rd, and enter Fairgrounds on the right and follow signs. For Mapquest, just enter directions for Tallmadge, OH. Its tiny.

Admission is $10.00 for everyone. Parking is $1.00. Race pre-Entry is $25.00, or post entry is $35.00. CRA membership, if needed, is $20.00.

You can camp there in parking lot, and electric hookups are available for a fee. Most of the OTC folks room with locals, or group in local motel.

As with all OTC events, we value our reputation for responsibility and sportsmanship, and conduct appropriate for the particular atmosphere, and in this case, family racing. We are there to have fun, and we dont kill anybody for trophies or plaques. This is why promoters welcome us back. All are invited to join us who can live up to these simple expectations. Those who cannot, will be expelled. A few bad apples can easily destroy the reputation of a group, and we worked too hard for ours.

--
    Headcount - who all is gonna be there?????????? Come on giys - this is one of the most fun events going!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    I'm in for sure!
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    You know Jr and I are in, Garageboy says he is in, Blacksheep is even hitting the Thursday practice to get an edge on us. Mrs Mosh says a new local guy is coming. Here's a little reminder of some of last year's action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoklJ...ext=1&index=19

--
    count me in also.

--
    Sending the application right now. This is the last day to pre-register - as they need to have the form by Wednesday at noon. Nothing like cutting it close.

--
    You can still pre-register today!

Paypal registartion can be done manually by making payment to Chubbyoutlaw@aol.com .

It is very important to include all of the information requested on the paper signup form! This would be the race date, the class, race number, etc. Everything asked for on the registration signup form should be in the note section of your Paypal payment. The only blank will be the CRA number which I have explained. Cost is $25 per class.

Looks like its going to be a great turnout, even without some of our usual hybrid front runners.

Current "for sure" list:

atctim
    Kintore
    Louis M
    TimSr
    TimJr
    Garageboy
    Blacksheep
    Moshman
    Jake the Snake
    Keister

Maybe:
    local guy
    Flyin' Brian

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintore View Post
    Ready to spank yall anytime anywhere!
    Josh - I don't think Public displays of Affection will be necessary.

I can not wait for this event - it really breaks up the winter monotony of no racing.

We will try to get as many photos as possible. If you are in or near Ohio - come on out and spectate - or fire up your trike and bring it along. It is the most fun you will have that is allowed by law.

I simply can not wait - it is driving me nuts as I sit here at work day dreaming about those 5 or 6 minutes of track time per heat.. We shall see how the new 450 does in action - as this will be it's debut run. I AM STOKED!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    Josh - I don't think Public displays of Affection will be necessary.

ahaha lmao what a guy
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    Awesome race guys!!

20 straight hours of snow in Ohio, and we still had NINE trikes show up at Summit Indoor (bigger than any quad class turnout, I think). We had a well rounded group too. Tecate, 200X, TriZ, 500R, 450conversion, 250SX, and (3) 250Rs.

Video footage was shot. You will be in for a treat when it gets posted up.
    Last edited by keister; 01-11-2009 at 02:23 AM. Reason: race update

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    how about some results?

--
    Still pissed I couldnt make it, but hey, TONS of snow there and here makes me a feel a little better about my decision
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    Kasey,
    I am doing this from memory so it may not be 100% accurate. Guys, correct me if I am wrong. This should be pretty close.
    Also, there were 2 local guys and I don't know their names (I don't think they are members here), so I will just name their bikes below. They were both highly skilled riders.

Heat 1: TheSnake, Louis, 250SX, TimJr, Keister
    Heat 2: ATCTim, 200X, TimSr, Garageboy
    Consol: Garageboy, TimJr, Keister
    Finals: TheSnake, 200X, ATCTim, TimSr, Louis, 250SX

Also, TimJr ran his 250R against quads in the Jr. Woodsman class. We left just before the finals of that, so I don't know how he fared. Knowing him, I would guess pretty well.

--
    Pretty nice photos!

--

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //