//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 350X Frame gusseting and reinforcing, Another one

Russell 350X is offline Testicles between my toes at the devils backbone Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    Damn Steve, thats nice! I may have to send you my frame next winter....if you dont mind
    TF 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14!
    Raffa's IceFest 08, 09, 10,11,13!

SAY IT!!!!!BUD LIGHTS AND RED LIGHTS!!!!!!

--

I'm Psyched!!

I dropped the frame off this morning at the powder coater,,, 10-14 day turn around, is what they told me.. I took a quick tour of their shop, and they do some nice work I can't wait to see the finished product
    My rides, 1985 ATC 350X, With legit Lamborghini Countach paint,2003 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider,customised the way I like it! 1997 GMC Sierra is gone, primary mode of transportation, 2008 Toyota Yaris!

Check out my build thread of my 350X
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?95389-Tank-s-1985-350X-build-is-FINALLY-all-done!-)
    Screw giving away the Harley, It's payed for!!

--
    Holy crap DC if i showed you a pic of what i paid a $100 for someone to fix one side of my tri-z frame you would laugh and the person was supposed to be a professional! lol damn you do nice work!
    2- 85 Tri-Z's black and Yellow
    2- 85 250SX's
    1- 85 200X
    3-ATC 70's
    2- 85 tri-zinger's who needs some parts

--
    Steve, nevermind on those gussets, you prolly never saw it anyways, but just wanted to let you know in case you did.
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

--
    Well , Like I said in a previous post... I did NOT want to cut corners to save a few bucks on this frame. I got it back from the powder coaters today and I really think it came out great.. I didn't wan't to do an injustice for all of DC's hard work either.. The shop that did it was super reasonable on pricing as well.. The color might not be spot on, but it's very close! Here's a few pics.,, Gotta make ole DC happy Mind you, my lighting in my house is terrible and I think my camera might be on it's way out,,,, oh well

What do you think?,,, I think it looks great!!!
    My rides, 1985 ATC 350X, With legit Lamborghini Countach paint,2003 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider,customised the way I like it! 1997 GMC Sierra is gone, primary mode of transportation, 2008 Toyota Yaris!

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?95389-Tank-s-1985-350X-build-is-FINALLY-all-done!-)

--
    definitely sexy.

put it under some reallly white light when you snap pictures...and it'd look even better.

I'm usually not for red...but that thing looks damned good.
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

--
    Yeah buddy ...... you know some times its worth waiting a little longer and biting the bullet to get the best results Looks great
    Last edited by KILLER; 54 Minutes Ago at 06:17 PM. Reason: beer

--
    Now ya know why I curved those gussets, they look like they belong on there!!

Nice stuff Roy.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    That looks awesome!

ThinktwiceZ71 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    looks awesome man !
    1985 ATC 250ES Big Red
    1985 ATC 350x DG Exhaust , Wiseco 10.25:1 .20 over - Sold
    1985 ATC 200s - SOLD

--
    That looks top notch Tanks! you get it done locally correct? May I ask how much it cost ya?

When I had my triz frame done in black it cost me a lil' over 200. but the guy did it right and pulled a few snapped bolts and old race and even went and ran a thread through all the holes. definitly worth it when you have a qualitly job done like that IMO.

--
    That looks great. I'm hoping mine looks like that in a few months.

John
    1985 Eddie Sanders ATC330r
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC70 (awaiting 125cc transplant)
    1984 ATC125M
    1986 GSXR 750 - Keepin' it old school!
    1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 plow machine
    1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 (lake lizard)
    1996 Arctic Cat Jag 440 L/C (ditch banger)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by chris200x View Post
    That looks top notch Tanks! you get it done locally correct? May I ask how much it cost ya?
    Thanks Chris, It's not really locally to my house but, it I drive by the place almost every day..I had considerd using people here on the site to do it but, I got to thinking about the whole shipping idea and changed my mind. The last thing I would've wanted was, for it to get damaged in any way shape or form.. Not that it would but, you just never know... As far as how much it cost me, lets just say that it's very close, if not the same to what you paid for your Z to get done To me that's reasonable, hell I couldn't do it

--
    ^ Thats the thing, it would be about 125$ to ship it two ways so if he found a good local shop, I'll be loading Roy's truck with an 86 200X frame

2 Questions

1) Do you need taps or help tapping the powder out of the frame threads (Chris's post reminded me)

2) What does the VIN look like now? Can you see it still?

Don't make excuses about the color, it looks perfect to me!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    ^ Thats the thing, it would be about 125$ to ship it two ways so if he found a good local shop, I'll be loading Roy's truck with an 86 200X frame

2 Questions

1) Do you need taps or help tapping the powder out of the frame threads (Chris's post reminded me)

2) What does the VIN look like now? Can you see it still?

Don't make excuses about the color, it looks perfect to me!!
    #1.They have a guy that preps the frames after being media blasted. What he does, he puts bolts in every thread hole he can find so when it gets powdered, everythings is perfect
    #2 The vin# is still perfectly ledgible, I was going to take a picture of it to show you but my camera is a POS.
    As far as the color goes, I tried putting my tail light assembly up to match it up, and its a little off. The only thing I was concerned about was the brake pedal linkage mounts. That was the other reason why I ended up taking off the wraps last night. To my suprise, they didn't powder them so everything should just bolt on with no issues.....
    The only thing I will have an issue with, is the ground bolt on the left side of the frame,, remember? the one that was a little tweaked?, they did powder that but, that's it... Wait to you see this thing in person Steve, my camera does it no justice at all

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //