//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 350X Frame gusseting and reinforcing, Another one

--
    Quote Originally Posted by camoweasel View Post
    Dirtcrasher,

This a great post. I have a 1985 frame that hasn't seen much abuse until I recently purchased it. I checked for cracks, and so far I've been lucky not to find any. I'm going to be making a trip to some dunes in Florida, and I'm petrified that I will too crack the frame. I'm really hesitant about stripping my frame down to nothing though. I'm afraid, I won't be able to get it back together right. If I pull the engine and airbox, will there be enough room to weld in gussets to prevent that crack in the left side by the engine mount? From the pictures, it looks like there are those 6 triangle gussets going around both sides of the rear frame? In the future I may plan to powdercoat it, but for now, I will jsut the gussts over with red paint. I appreciate your advise or anyone else who has done this as well.
    There are 9 reinforced areas total, and I finish allot of the Honda welds. I improve and or change them everytime I do frame. I just finished a right lower gusset that allows the use of a brand new 450R master cylinder. I may make up just that gusset and offer it for sale. The buyer would have to do some light grinding and mig weld it on the frame.

None of the gussets interfere with anything, thats why there not giant triangles, they have a curve to them. That left motor mount tends to hide small cracks around it.

Sunrise red matches very good if you were ever to do this on your own. The back gussets strengthen the subframe, the one under the seat heklps prevent the post mount cracking. But the most important one is the frame wrap and mount on the left side......

I also stretch ATC70 frames
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I need a 70 stretched for sure!
    2- 85 Tri-Z's black and Yellow
    2- 85 250SX's
    1- 85 200X
    3-ATC 70's
    2- 85 tri-zinger's who needs some parts

--
    Send yours over to DEEPA after he posts pics of his. People don't seem to care because it's under the tank but I try to leave a clean factory look.

I relocate the gas tank back just about as far, it's a compromise; You don't want too much frame exposed nor do you want a huge seat gap.

I removed my entire top tube and stretched it with thicker walled steel so it couldn't bend. MUCH harder to do but then the top tube isn't cut/welded/filled. It was just the way I wanted mine done........
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

murfman is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Thanks for the great photos, I will be tearing down my 350sx this winter and doing this mod.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by murfman View Post
    Thanks for the great photos, I will be tearing down my 350sx this winter and doing this mod.
    I will be doing the same thing. Great work DC. Everything you do is top notch.
    1985 Honda 250r x2
    1986 Honda 250r
    1986 Honda 250sx
    1985 Honda 250sx x2
    1985 Honda 350x x2
    1986 Honda 350x
    1984 Honda 125m x4
    1983 Honda atc 70 w/ Lifan 125
    1984 Honda atc 70
    Yamaha tri zinger
    Yamaha 4 zinger
    Brap braaaap

http://www.youtube.com/user/3wheelsoffroad

murfman is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    hoping thi thread gets fixed

--
    It will fix if the ..... gets removed from the title
    1985 Honda 250r x2
    1986 Honda 250r
    1986 Honda 250sx
    1985 Honda 250sx x2
    1985 Honda 350x x2
    1986 Honda 350x
    1984 Honda 125m x4
    1983 Honda atc 70 w/ Lifan 125
    1984 Honda atc 70
    Yamaha tri zinger
    Yamaha 4 zinger
    Brap braaaap

http://www.youtube.com/user/3wheelsoffroad

--
    Old thread but great pics and info! any chance to still get a copy of the templates?

--
    Go to TPC trikes and get their gusset kit. I did.

--
    Why would you tell someone to buy someone else's products on this thread? SERIOUSLY????
    My rides, 1985 ATC 350X, With legit Lamborghini Countach paint,2003 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider,customised the way I like it! 1997 GMC Sierra is gone, primary mode of transportation, 2008 Toyota Yaris!

Check out my build thread of my 350X
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?95389-Tank-s-1985-350X-build-is-FINALLY-all-done!-)
    Screw giving away the Harley, It's payed for!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tanks350x View Post
    Why would you tell someone to buy someone else's products on this thread? SERIOUSLY????
    Because I posted about member built gusset kits on here when I first joined, and no one replied. Contacted a member that has built his own gusset kits, and asked if he would make me a kit, or, if he had templates. Was turned down on both of those. So... I contacted TPC, and am pleased with their gusset kit. THAT is why I posted what I posted. Just trying to help a member out. Now, that being said, I have not read this thread from page one, so sue me.

--
    Pardon me, just jumped back to the first page and reread. I DID read this thread months ago, and I DID contact DC, and I DID ask him about a gusset kit or templates. With that said, I was turned down on both. And I can't blame him, there is a lot of time that has to go into making a complete kit. So, did I sh!t on his thread? In a way yes. Was it done purposefully? No, absolutely not. Just trying to help a fellow member out, like I said.

--
    Sounds legit, member looked into gussets from another member and sounds like there wasn't a lot of interest so he went to another source and is now recommending that source because of his past experience.

TPC makes a good gusset kit.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 6speedthumper View Post
    Pardon me, just jumped back to the first page and reread. I DID read this thread months ago, and I DID contact DC, and I DID ask him about a gusset kit or templates. With that said, I was turned down on both. And I can't blame him, there is a lot of time that has to go into making a complete kit. So, did I sh!t on his thread? In a way yes. Was it done purposefully? No, absolutely not. Just trying to help a fellow member out, like I said.
    I never took it personal; I send all you gusset guys to TPC because I can't water or laser cut them. It is all done by hand. Like I have said before, just get a cereal box and cut them to fit, then off to the metal fab. Very easy to make; Takes sometime but it isn't a big deal.
    DC

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    I never took it personal; I send all you gusset guys to TPC because I can't water or laser cut them. It is all done by hand. Like I have said before, just get a cereal box and cut them to fit, then off to the metal fab. Very easy to make; Takes sometime but it isn't a big deal.
    DC
    Oh yeah, I know you didn't. It is just easier to buy direct from TPC so it just takes less time.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //