//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: need 250r motor help!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Castor927 View Post
    welp this thread has been dead for a while but i'm currently in the process of working on a similar build myself with my first gen. i'm going to be doing a 376 with the fl350 cylinder/head. kenny roberts and rob selvy are helping me along with this build so i have a feeling this will turn out pretty cool. i think i'm gonna go with one of kenny's sectional drag pipes for this build and just keep his in frame sectional pipe on my hondaline 300 motor the way it is.
    I'm interested in info on this build. I have a FL350 cylinder and head laying around......

--
    got all my stuff (head, cylinder, piston, connecting rod kit, engine case and crank) dropped off yesterday to the machine shop. i'll be giving updates when i get everything back along pics of everything that was done and the prices as well.

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Cool to see this thread come back 11 yrs later lol
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    yea haha i guess these types of builds have died off considering the lack of resources or machine shops being able to do what is requested. when i was talking to kenny roberts he was mentioning how when he had an air fooler back in the day that had a 300 kit on it he did a mod on it where he re sleeved that 300 cylinder made to accept a yz400 piston which comes out to a 85mm bore. he said it worked but never ran right but that was just because he never had a good enough pipe to go along with the build, this was also before he even got into the pipe business himself or else he easily could've made one himself. i was almost going to this route on my build but we all know how hard it is to even find the 300 cylinders and heads now n days. since the fl350 cylinder and head were way easier to find i just went ahead with going this route. i did come across a guy that has 2 sets of 300 cylinders and heads but he said they were already claimed 2 other guys which wasn't surprising.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //