//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Project Atc 500r forward kick

--

--
    I really dont see the problem with everyone kicing the 500's with 230 psi compression i had no problem starting mine. Its all about the kicking style, and making shure its tuned properly. You push mine past that compression and it would go, You woudnt even have to kick it that hard.

Although it is intresting to see how people go about solving problems they have.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS_350X View Post
    I really dont see the problem with everyone kicing the 500's with 230 psi compression i had no problem starting mine. Its all about the kicking style, and making shure its tuned properly. You push mine past that compression and it would go, You woudnt even have to kick it that hard.

Although it is intresting to see how people go about solving problems they have.
    140 lbs (me) + 500cc two-stroke= no start. I don't care what little tricks you have, the guy I got my motor from weighs 200+lbs and broke two kickers. I can kick it over with little effort with my compression release. Why put myself out if I don't have to? What if I'm having an issue one day in the middle of the woods and I have to kick it over more than a few times. I can't even kick it over once! How am I gonna kick it a few times?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--

Im sorry that this isnt a good picture, But my kickstart lever was off of a atc250r, that i put onto the 500, It cleared the finders too while kicking it, So its not that long. When i first got the bike i only weighed 130, So dont let the weight be your decidding factor as to why you cant kick it. turn it over till you find the comprssion bring the kicker back to the top, Push down till some of the pressure bleads off onece it starts to move use your leeg not your weight to force it down. If by some chance it kicks back which to me shows you have something wrong you leeg pops up and no harm, trying to put your weight into it just going to hurt things in the long run. Im used to kicking over my high compression 350x and 450's the 500 really aint crap compared to those. Those bikes you have to kick start, trying to bump start them will just leave the rear end sliding.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Yeah, I've tried that method, some other guy told me to get it to Bottom dead center and kick it. His therory being that the flywheel will do the work. Nothing worked for me. Most of this I tried on a KTM 380EXC that's not even as hard to kick over as a 500. Have you ever tried kicking over a KX500? I've seen my buddy kick over his CR500 multiple times with no problem, and the guys I ride with kick over their Quadzillas. Both of those don't look hard to kick at all for some reason. From what I've heard, the KX's are notoriously hard to kick. Like I said before, the previous owner broke two kickers. I've got the decompressor and it works great.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    so is there any update on this? seems like a cool setup
    current rides:
    05' 400ex
    02' yz85
    84' 200es big red
    84' 200s with tlr200 engine project (almost done)
    84' atc 110
    83' 225dx with 340cc kohler sled engine

--
    Ive been pre-ocupied with assembling another bike lately. All i have to do is make the mounts for it on the frame and it will be done. I will have an update within a week or so once i finish it.

--
    I love the idea of the forward kick. I'm only worried about the strength of the frame being able to hold up to the welding/vibration/kicking on a daily ride, I have a feeling it might start to crack and the bearing gear assembly will rip out. I hope I'm wrong though and it works out.
    4 Strokes are NOT the wave of the future!

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Jeff, did you ever finish this? I think I'm about ready to build one for mine, as starting it is about the only reason I dont make a daily or frequent rider out of it.

--
    Billy, I havent finished it yet. Seems as though every time im ready to something else comes up. Im hoping to have new pix of a finished product soon.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Totally understandable. Just curious cause I think I'm about to tackle this one myself.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sand slinger View Post
    Do you have a link to the build of your frame? I am currently working on a frame for a 500 and I have been looking at all the ways you guys fabricated your frames to come up with the best way I can build mine.
    Here take a look at mine.
    http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Hurricane635/

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    i would definitely use the 2 plates for a sandwich, at least on the kicker side. better to overbuild it than giv'r a good kick and see it laying on the ground in a twisted heap.

--
    Bout friggin time I start playing with this again!

Did some work and got it close. It is quite strong and I really dont think that it will ever screw up in any way. The kicker is close to resting in its home as is, so should be quite easy to give it a couple lil tweaks to make it perfect with Mr. torch

;';

;';

;';

--
    very nice work
    1985 200X
    66mm H&S Piston
    Little Bit Bigger Cam
    Bassani Exhaust

1985 350X With Bassani Exhaust

1983 Honda 200E (PARTING OUT!!!!)

1985 Yamaha Tri-Zinger

My Feedback Threadhttp://http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?105185-Feedback-for-RodKnockRacing&highlight=RodKnockRacing

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //