//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Kawasaki Klt 160 ????

--

Kawasaki Klt 160 ????

Seen a nice klt 160 for sale local?? Any input on these trikes??? What is the skinny on the cow trikes??? Little weary being a honda only guy but would buy if right...... any input...??????

Derek is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Very very good machines I had a 1985 klt 110 and in my opinion they are way better than the Honda 110s. My buddy has the shaft drive klt 185 and he loves it.
    1985 Honda 200x
    - 30mm Carb
    - DG Exhaust
    - Rear Wheel Spacers
    - K & N Filter

ebecme01 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have a KLT160 and I think its a very well designed trike. I would recommend picking one up if its complete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rearsmall.jpg   downthetrailsmall.jpg   downthetrailsmall2.jpg  
    Last edited by ebecme01; 02-28-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Shawn72 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY70MAN View Post
    Seen a nice klt 160 for sale local?? Any input on these trikes??? What is the skinny on the cow trikes??? Little weary being a honda only guy but would buy if right...... any input...??????
    The US Army used KLT 160s back in the 80s. That speaks volumes for them.
    It's a celebration bitches!!!

--
    I came close to buying one of those here locally a couple weeks ago, but my wife is losing her job and it wasn't a responsible thing to do. Sucks being a grownup, eh?

I think my KLT110 is an awesome trike. It has an amazing amount of power for a 110, and it looks like the KLT160 is based on the same frame. What are they asking?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    God knows they're not looking to make any effort to do anything, never mind move their foot to shift. If there was something that dispensed Cheetos every time they shifted that might be a different story. Welcome to America, where the biggest is best and even fat people who are too lazy to shift can climb a mountain.

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    If you buy it and need parts let me know. I have a bunch of parts for the 160 / 185 and will sell them cheap.
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=92230
    Howdy

--
    The klt 110 and 160 trikes were pretty nice and very sturdy, light years ahead of the honda 90/110 stamped steel frames. Parts aren't too miserable to get at the dealers. I had a 110 and you could still pick up the nos steel tanks painted, but that was 4 or 5 years ago. You see nos parts for them on ebay all the time. The big weak point that I noticed seemed to be the shifter shaft. The one I had and the ones that I've worked on all had stripped shifter shafts. They are still available through the dealer. Just for longevity sake I put 2 tack welds on the inside of the shift lever where it couldn't be seen and I never had a problem. Overall a decent trike that you don't really often see. Plastics are a bit of a chore to get and no support from maier. But plastics are out there. They even use some honda parts.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Vealmonkey View Post
    The klt 110 and 160 trikes were pretty nice and very sturdy, light years ahead of the honda 90/110 stamped steel frames. Parts aren't too miserable to get at the dealers. I had a 110 and you could still pick up the nos steel tanks painted, but that was 4 or 5 years ago. You see nos parts for them on ebay all the time. The big weak point that I noticed seemed to be the shifter shaft. The one I had and the ones that I've worked on all had stripped shifter shafts. They are still available through the dealer. Just for longevity sake I put 2 tack welds on the inside of the shift lever where it couldn't be seen and I never had a problem. Overall a decent trike that you don't really often see. Plastics are a bit of a chore to get and no support from maier. But plastics are out there. They even use some honda parts.

Well said!

I am also a fan. I started on the Kawi 110 and it is a good trike. They are a bit bigger of a frame size then the other small engine trikes and the engine makes good power. I went through a pair of shifters and shafts before seeing that Kawi put an extra weld on the sifter that needs to be ground off. The extra bit of weld prevents the metal from clamping on the shaft like it should when yoy tighten the bolt. After I ground down that weld I didn't have any problems.
    1984 Yamaha YT 60 Tri Zinger(current project)
    1983 Yamaha YTM 200 (rear suspension kit)..... long term project
    2004 BMW R1150R
    1972 Honda CT 70
    2007 Lifan 110

--
    I had a 85 KLT110 growing up. Loved that little trike. Had front suspension and some decent looks. If I could find a clean one now for a good price I would buy it right up.
    '86 Honda Big Red 250es
    '85 Honda 250sx
    '87 Honda 250sx
    '85 Honda Atc 70
    '83 Honda Atc 70
    '00 Honda Trx 90 (sons ride)
    '07 Honda Recon es (wifes ride)
    atc70/110

My feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ldtime3wheeler

--
    Thanks for all the help, I drug my feet and it is sold 500.00 new top end, real nice trike, man I !@#$ up there..... should have went with my gut, I read somewhere though that the rear axles were a pain in the butt? I will know in the future, thanks, gonna get another beer

ACCA is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    I have a 160 for parts...no seat, tires iffy but the frame, forks, wheels, motor/recoil...shaft drive is all there.
    Northern Michigan
    1985 ATC 70
    ? ATC 90
    1980 ATC 110
    1984 ATC 110
    1985 ATC 110
    chrome skis for both
    1985 ATC 125M
    1986 TRX 125
    1985 ATC 250 ES
    ? ATC 250ES

--
    where can I find piston rings and gaskets for a Kawasaki KLT 160 cant find anywhere please

--
    ebay, kawasaki dealer, partzilla.com bike bandit.com....didnt look every HARD!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //