//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Kxt250 Tecate 3 What Parts Fit Swap Interchange?

--
    alright thxs the tecate is really good already blew a head gasket. kicking out 230 p.s.i doesn't surprise me and ill get pics this weekend
    86-tecate

--
    Hey there guys. Here is a kicker for you. Ever swap your tecate engine for the kx and vise versa? Been pondering about taken my tecate engine and put it into the kx. But my tecate has a bassani head pipe and dg silencer. But I am using the same carb. Would it brake the engine in to the stock kx pipe? Change the engine in any way? Hey Steven250sx get any pics of that killer machine? I want to see it!!!!
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate250 View Post
    Hey there guys. Here is a kicker for you. Ever swap your tecate engine for the kx and vise versa? Been pondering about taken my tecate engine and put it into the kx. But my tecate has a bassani head pipe and dg silencer. But I am using the same carb. Would it brake the engine in to the stock kx pipe? Change the engine in any way? Hey Steven250sx get any pics of that killer machine? I want to see it!!!!
    I ve put 84 KX motor in 84 T3.
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=60994

What year T3/KX?
    Your jetting might change.
    Don't understand the whole "brake the engine in to stock kx pipe"?

The trans gearing and ratios are different.
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    to busy driving to take pictures lol i was curious about motor mounts? are they all different?
    86-tecate

--
    What years? and different between what?

The KX motor mounts do not swap on any years of Tecate. (well at least the uppers but pretty sure the fronts do not either)

Also brake brackets are removable and often can be swapped to other brake calipers. WHY don't more people do this!
    Example- LT250r rear brake calipers are always bad and consistently sell for $50-60 on ebay. The banshee rear brake caliper is the same as the LT and available everywhere, just a different bracket. Hell, all the big Jap 4 brakes are probably all made by the same Jap company. Just swap the brackets!

Look at the pictures and see the brackets removed? These are all you need. Calipers can be bought new and the bracket added or made. That is why you see them on ebay new for $120. Those people are buying new calipers cheap and making the brackets and putting them together and then jacking up the price for profit. Look at the pictures !!! Why does no one do this ?!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T3 brakes taken apart.JPG  
    Last edited by nd4speed; 04-05-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    Well I mean taking my modofied tecate engine and putting it in the kx 1983 kx and 1985 tecate. Like the higher revs it will be putting out. Also using the stock expansion chamber. Come on steve!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com

--
    Anyone ever try a DRZ110 / KLX110 2002-2004 or 20005-08 +1 extended shifter on their Tecate?

There was one at a local parts store but I need to measure the splined area and overall length. I don't know what makes a difference between the years.

***UPDATE*** Got a 2002-04 KLX / DRZ 110 +1" shifter made by MSR and it would be a perfect replacement if it was about an 1.5" longer.

I have installed the shifter and it's not so bad right now after a ride around the block, but heavier use is needed. I wear a size like 10-11 shoe and I shifted like normal and noticed no problems.

It tucks in tighter and the length is close because of that, if it was bent out like OEM it would be even shorter.

**update 2** BTW I rode with it for a couple hours today. It tucks in close to the bike so my foot had to search to the right to find it.

It lined up with the shift pad on my MX boot and really did not feel unnatural or awkward.

**UPDATE 3*** After using it for awhile I noticed the chain rubs on it a little with a 13 tooth front sprocket. With larger sprocket this could be a problem. Hence why the OEM was made with the flat spot where the chain travels.

(what makes the 05-10 shifter different??? )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000126.jpg   eb7c_1.JPG  
    Last edited by nd4speed; 06-26-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    No but Id like to have a new shifter. I really need one for the kx.
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate250 View Post
    Well I mean taking my modofied tecate engine and putting it in the kx 1983 kx and 1985 tecate. Like the higher revs it will be putting out. Also using the stock expansion chamber.
    So what is your question? If you swap engines you will have a fast trike and a slow dirtbike.. Is that what you were wondering?
    2-stroke lover

--
    ok someone please help me!!!! iv spent countless nights trying to figure this out.I have a 1986 tecate that i bought.I discovered that alot of the linkage for the powervalves is missing.Internal stuff like the gov rod ,arms,pins ect ect.Most of these parts are discontinued and i cant find them anywhere.Can i buy a 1986 kx 250 bike and swap in the motor?What years bike can be used for the motor swap if i decide to go that way?Iv also herd the gearing is different on the bikes.Is it a big deal or something i can swap a different sprocket it to make up for?Or can i buy a junk kx bike and use the powervalve parts im missing ?Iv herd there the same and iv herd they use different powervalve setups.Someone please help im going nuts!Thanks........awsome site by the way!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ed english View Post
    ok someone please help me!!!! iv spent countless nights trying to figure this out.I have a 1986 tecate that i bought.I discovered that alot of the linkage for the powervalves is missing.Internal stuff like the gov rod ,arms,pins ect ect.Most of these parts are discontinued and i cant find them anywhere.Can i buy a 1986 kx 250 bike and swap in the motor?What years bike can be used for the motor swap if i decide to go that way?Iv also herd the gearing is different on the bikes.Is it a big deal or something i can swap a different sprocket it to make up for?Or can i buy a junk kx bike and use the powervalve parts im missing ?Iv herd there the same and iv herd they use different powervalve setups.Someone please help im going nuts!Thanks........awsome site by the way!
    My understanding is the 86/87 KX 250 is the same as the 86/87 KXT 250 so you probably can even buy a 86/87 KX 250 engine for parts and use that for your missing parts. Some of these guys can correct me if I'm wrong.

If you just want to use the KX 250 engine, the 86/87 KX engine will bolt in your Tecate.

--
    .Can i buy a 1986 kx 250 bike and swap in the motor?What years bike can be used for the motor swap if i decide to go that way?Iv also herd the gearing is different on the bikes.Is it a big deal or something i can swap a different sprocket it to make up for?
    '85-'86 KX you can bolt it directly in and ride... the gearing will be a lil taller.. if you dont like it you can put the tecate primary in it..
    2-stroke lover

--
    ok so the 85-86 kx motor motor makes the same power as my t-3 motor?Could i go with a newer year kx?Im looking for a bolt in deal where i dont have to cut up the trike at all.What about electronics?Sorry im new the the kawasaki team.

--
    What I mean is what will happen if I use the kx cylinder and stock t3 cylinder? Like have a trail cylinder and a race cylinder. But the fact that the kx has a different pipe and silencer and run in higher rpms will this affect my engine at all. Like wear out quicker?
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com

--
    A 1986 kx250 motor is exactly the same except the transmission is geared higher right off the crank. All motor parts from 1986 swap and interchange.

You can change the gearing but I really have seen no info on it, but gearing and tire size is your choice.

the small gear on the back of the clutch basket kxf250 17 tooth while kxt250 and kx250 have a 18 tooth gear. Also the big gear on the clutch basket of the T4 is 62t, the T3 56t and the kx 55t. The main drive gear ,off the crank,on the kxt is 18 and kx is 20 tooth. I have done a swap on my kxt clutch basket and crank gear with a kx clutch basket and crank gear and that really woke the kxt right up.
    Last edited by nd4speed; 08-31-2015 at 03:49 AM.
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //