//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tri-Zinger Shaft/Rear Gear Lube

--

Tri-Zinger Shaft/Rear Gear Lube

I have a '85 Tri-Zinger 60 and I am just put a piston in and was changing the crankcase oil and wanted to change the Rear Gear Lube but didn't see a filler point or drain. Does the crankcase lube go throught the driveshaft tube and lube the rear gears?

Also, anyone know if a regular tether kill "key" will fit in the trizinger tether switch? Looking to get that going also on this.
    Last edited by grancuda; 03-16-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: addded tether question

--
    I'm in for the answer to this as well.
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    It's not hypoid gear oil, and it's not grease either. It comes in a tube and is availiable at the Yamahe dealer and is called Grizzlly grease. It's has a consistency like jelly. It's used in the cvt of the yamaha grizzly atv's, and others. The axle assembly has to be removed and cleaned in a pressure type solvent tank with ring and pinion exposed. Then squeeze contents into housing. It's the correct lubricant for the tri-zinger.

--
    Thanks, it is much appreciated.
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    How often should this be serviced?

Thanks

--
    Necro bump.

Anyone do this service? Any tips?

--
    Quinc, I’ve done it a few yrs ago, not a hard job just be super careful of the splined/tab lock washer. It took me yrs to find a couple nos ones. (For next time) haven’t seen any since.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8BE8C150-4CDA-4E7C-84FD-DB291FEF586E.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	261653

Shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Quinc, I’ve done it a few yrs ago, not a hard job just be super careful of the splined/tab lock washer. It took me yrs to find a couple nos ones. (For next time) haven’t seen any since.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8BE8C150-4CDA-4E7C-84FD-DB291FEF586E.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	261653

Shep
    Good to know!

Anyway to check if it needs to be greased without taking it apart?

--
    Nope/ after 30+ years I’m sure It does. If you do it at least you’ll know it’s done and possibly good for another 30.... I had mine apart to replace the axle some numb nut welded the hubs on (threw that one in the trash).

Shep

--
    When you get there they call for a reversed style tool. Use a lug nut from a Warrior/Tri-Z the bolt itself is only hand tight. The lip on the lug has a flange to grip too. When I get home I’ll try and take a pic.

--
    Here is what I’m talking about.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D890AA43-587C-4192-9A20-4656DBCD014C.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	261693 you can use a lug nut off a Warrior to make it work. Sorry for pic rotation, it’s called a final drive shaft bearing retainer.

--
    For the kill switch/tether question. You can use a tether, just need to match up the wiring to the OEM harness. Should be Black (ground) and Black/Red for the two wires. You need a normally open switch (when the tether is off, it should be shorting the two wires). There's two points to wire it in, either at the ignition control switch, or the emergency engine stop switch. Don't know too much about the model so not sure where they are located exactly, but here's the wire diagram for reference.

This assumes you use the stock ignition control switch for the run/start, the tether would only be for killing the engine.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //