//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank's 1985 350X build is FINALLY all done! ;-)

--

Tank's 1985 350X build is FINALLY all done! ;-)

As most of you know DC did up a new frame for me a few months back.. It came out awesome too by the way It is now at the powder coater getting some fresh red put on it. I figured I'd start tearring it apart tonight..I was going to just swap everything over from, frame to frame but, I figured I'd check the bearrings in the carrier and finally turn the carrier 180 deg. just to make DC,and deepa happy I'm gonna take my time with this project, but here's a few pics. anyways

My old rear high stand that came with my ZRX is coming in handy

I'm extremely limmited on space to work, and store parts until the frame is done but, I'll manage.. I'll get the rear end back together tomorrow and then take the whole swinger and shock off
    Last edited by tanks350x; 08-31-2009 at 06:29 PM.
    My rides, 1985 ATC 350X, With legit Lamborghini Countach paint,2003 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider,customised the way I like it! 1997 GMC Sierra is gone, primary mode of transportation, 2008 Toyota Yaris!

Check out my build thread of my 350X
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?95389-Tank-s-1985-350X-build-is-FINALLY-all-done!-)
    Screw giving away the Harley, It's payed for!!

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Git er done, Roy!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Really?? It looks like you have plenty of room to move around

Hey, do it once and DO IT RIGHT ROYMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, I'll just tease the snot out of ya
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Are ya done yet???

I just hope you don't have to cut the motor outta the frame like I did. that was alot of fun.

keep us posted!!

oh,, why the heck are you doing it now when the weather is just starting to get nice??? I would done this over winter...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by chris200x View Post
    Are ya done yet???

I just hope you don't have to cut the motor outta the frame like I did. that was alot of fun.

keep us posted!!

oh,, why the heck are you doing it now when the weather is just starting to get nice??? I would done this over winter...
    Na, Chris, not done yet Hell, I just started last night!.. Luckily for me, I'm not gonna be using that engine, so I'm good on that front I bought another engine from another member here on the boards.. I rode the bike it was on and it's got really good steam
    As far as starting this now, just as summer is getting close,,, It's a little tough to go out in the garage and wrench on anything wheather it be toys, or anything, with no heat.. (I don't like cold weather).. I'm working on it little by little each night, tonight I got the whole rear end off, and did a some cleaning to it.. Just a couple of pics.
    This one is a little foggy

I am amazed how easy everything is coming apart so far
    More updates to come
    My rides, 1985 ATC 350X, With legit Lamborghini Countach paint,2003 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider,customised the way I like it! 1997 GMC Sierra is gone, primary mode of transportation, 2008 Toyota Yaris!

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?95389-Tank-s-1985-350X-build-is-FINALLY-all-done!-)

--
    I got the exhaust off tonight! I ws amazed that I actually did.. I had to start it up to get a little heat in the head so it would free up the header bolts some.. I figured out a way for me NOT to lose any bolts. When I take a part off the bike, I put the bolts right back in the place I just took them out of. I have a question for all you 350s... Are there suposed to be gaskets between the head, and header pipe? Mine didn't have any

--
    There should be a copper crush ring. They are proll still in the head
    The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

Rides
    85 ATC350X
    85 ATC200X

My Feedback http://http://www.3wheelerworld.com/...-for-Erics350x

--
    ^ Yup - They are almost invisible, crushed flat, black at this point and still jammed in the head.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Thanks for the info. guys, It was late when I took it off last night and didn't feel like checking the manual for the info... No update for tonight, thursday is our night for racing

--
    Ok, I just went out there to investigate the copper crush gaskets, It does have them in the head but, There is no way I'm gonna be able to get them out, by the look of it.... Not that I would want to re-use them anyway... So my next question is,,, are they still available? I haven't got a chance to see if the new engine has them in it yet either( I know, bad Tank, bad Tank)

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Usually they come in a gasket kit. I'm not sure if I've ever tried to but just the copper crush gaskets by themselves. Either way, you'll be able to get 'em.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    They sell them both ways....

All you need is a small sharp pick (not prick Roy....) bent on then end and you can hook it right out.

It's copper so it's very soft, it'll come right out.

--
    Dam! If it were the small prick he'd be all set!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    More then one night for a tear down?? hell ill take that down for ya roy and rebuilt in a night! done it many times!! take pictures close up of the way things are routed it save time in the end a visual reference is always a big help!
    2- 85 Tri-Z's black and Yellow
    2- 85 250SX's
    1- 85 200X
    3-ATC 70's
    2- 85 tri-zinger's who needs some parts

--
    That's what she said!! DC and John
    2- 85 Tri-Z's black and Yellow
    2- 85 250SX's
    1- 85 200X
    3-ATC 70's
    2- 85 tri-zinger's who needs some parts