//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Directional arrows on pistons, which way?

--

Directional arrows on pistons, which way?

which way does the arrow go on a wiseco 65.5 piston,is it the pointing to the exhaust or intake.i have it the the exhaust right now.just want to know if i have it in correctly.
    Signature pic removed,becuase of no helmet.

--
    This has been a popular question lately. Points to exhaust.

Rob

Billy Golightly is online now Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rdlsz24 View Post
    This has been a popular question lately. Points to exhaust.

Rob
    Indeed, it has been lately. I think I'll move it to the WCH forum just as a frequently asked question.

And yes, you are correct. Arrow towards the exhaust!

--
    i didnt submit this tread,was going to but i close out of it.but yeah it points to the exhaust.i called wiseco and asked them.its to the exhaust.thanks any way guys
    Signature pic removed,becuase of no helmet.

--
    Exhaust always and letters or any markings on the rings go up.

--
    Easiest way to remember is it points with direction of flow.

-Nick
    1988 Chevy Silverado 5.9L Cummins : 1986 ATC250R : 2012 Polaris RZR 570 :

98% of Americans say 'OH $#!T!!' before going into a ditch on an icy road. The other 2% are Alaskans, and they say 'Here, hold my beer and watch this!!'

--
    Regaurdless of what the arrow says, the side with holes or a cut out in the skirt always goes towards the intake. I have heard of a backwards arrow, never seen one myself though.

--
    arrow points to exhaust port.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Actually, the easies way to remember how the R piston goes is to remember the pins that are in the ring grooves (pins the rings close against) always always always go toward the intake. If those pins are on the exh side, the pins will catch the exh port wall everytime and tear up the cylinder. Pins to the rear everytime regardless of where the arrow points.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    Actually, the easies way to remember how the R piston goes is to remember the pins that are in the ring grooves (pins the rings close against) always always always go toward the intake. If those pins are on the exh side, the pins will catch the exh port wall everytime and tear up the cylinder. Pins to the rear everytime regardless of where the arrow points.
    Thats another good point!!! Not just to the R though, That goes for ALL two strokes!

--
    Thats afirm AD. Those pins are positioned away from the intake port whereas on the exh, they intersect the port and catch the port. Seen this many times. I learned this when I was young. I had a TM125. Fresh bore, new piston and dummy me put the piston in backards. It ran for about 20 seconds before it destroyed the bore and piston. I took it to the shop and the guy explained it to me. He laughed at me too so I wrote that down in my little book of things to never do again.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //