//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: nasa fork brace?

--
    Yup sorry old post but, i picked up another nos brace last wk for my green framed 200x. It came w/those spacers/bushings that they have been called, ACTUALLY there used JUST for the fork boots. (Spacers dont make the clamping area any smaller.) Ive got four braces 3 will be on bikes and (one is spoken for) but only a couple plastic rings. In the past i just mounted the brace 1/4 inch lower on the fork tubes, for area for boot clamp, but realizing this it makes much more sense.....
    Maybe this will help out someone that has a fork brace. Pics ..image.jpeg image.jpg

Does this plastic ring material/design look familiar to anyone? i'd like to get more, i figure its gotta be out there somewhere.image.jpeg might be a lathe project in the future.
    Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 05-18-2017 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Pics/spelling

--
    I figured you had already read something I posted about that; Some one else wasn't sure what they were for but they fit and work perfect.

Now I know why you were trying to go 35mm on the whoos - a - magigett....

Is 508 open yet??
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Yup i missed that somehow, about the rings. I just threw them back in the box figured they were just spacers for smaller forks or so i read on here so i never gave it any thought. Hit me like a ton of bricks when i actually realized to use em.

Weather has been crap for "508" track, atleast they're 3-wheel friendly if/when they do ever open.....
    Here i am writing this at 2:30 am waiting for a fat raccoon that keeps getting into our trash!!!! I'll get him or atleast scare the crap out of him.
    Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 06-09-2017 at 02:35 AM.

--
    Well im no longer short on plastic fork brace rings- i searched everywhere!!!! Nothing out there even relatively close Soooo i made my own, i have to show them off so here they are image.jpeg very interesting hobby to get into.
    Thanx for looking.

Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 06-15-2017 at 11:04 PM.

--
    So cool ! Ultra rare usable/desirable parts being brought back from the unobtainable. HECK yeah !!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //