//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My 200$ 94 cr250r

gizmo_22 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

My 200$ 94 cr250r

Well like the name says here's some pics of my latest project, not too much left to do except wait on a back ordered part and drill out a few broken bolts. I'll let the pics do the talking, but basically the entire engine is new, crank/rod/piston/bearings/seals/ etc etc. The bike came as pictured, in box's but thats just part of the challenge Not too bad for a first bike eh :P As of right now it does start and is ready to go except for the rear brakes, I'm waiting on the pivot for the break pedal from honda, it should be in the middle of this month they say, Then i can get out and test ride the beast! heheh

And yes i know the stickers are upside down, previous owner managed to do that one lol... I dont want to pull them off as the shrouds are painted and i fear it'll rip the paint off. Besides like my buddy said, I'm sure they'll be right side up at some point.

--
    Pretty sweet. Why was the engine torn down?

Rob

--
    Nice score!! I had the same bike.....

It never let me down and had Factory Connection suspension. I LOVED it, but it hurt me bad a couple times so I bought some much safer 3wheelers

Wow, 94 was sooooo new to me and look at it now at 15 years old!! A great bike no matter how old it is! I stll love the 88/89 CR250.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

gizmo_22 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The motor was torn down due to the crank bearings locking up causeing the crank to get seriously tweaked lol the rod had over a half inch of play on the crank. the previous owner tore it down then another guy bought it with the intent of fixing it but wasn't very mechanically inclined. He bought a new sleeve and piston as well as a pro-x rod kit. I had to buy a new crank as the old one couldn't be fixed. Other then that the cylinder had a steel sleave in it so i just had it bored and got a new piston so i still have the other parts if it blows up. Now im just working on getting the jetting worked out but it seems to work good. Sorry for the lack of punctuation im on a cell.

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    sweet deal!

--
    well after trying to get it dialed in some in my friends driveway turns out all the link bearings for the shock are toast, I love it when people don't take care of anything... New bearings are going to have to wait until I get a new job or get some spare coin. Always something with these "basket case" bikes lol. Also dirtcrasher, if it hurts me any or if i don't like the 2 wheelers (this is my first 2 wheeler) I'll look into possibly a wide ratio trans and convert it to a trike, either way its gonna be fun

--
    Well quick update, got the carb jetted and had it out for a few trail rides trying to break it in, and it blew up... the unusual thing is that it ran fine until i shut it off and then it had no compression. took the head off and pieces of the piston are missing. Have to pull the jug off tomorrow to see what exactly happend, it was jetted slightly rich according to the plug chops so we'll see... Talk about a bummer though.

kasuki is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    hey did you use permatex on the case halfes.if you did i would pull it a part an use yamabond to seal up the cases.just my opinion

--
    ^ IDK what happened but I feel the same way, Permatex is not made for to seal crank areas, Yama or Hondabond, 3bond - thats it.......

You gotta figure our what made it fail.............
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Blog Entries
    probley sucked air through the cases, causeing a lean condition...BOOM

--
    Most Honda's including that year CR250 use a 1 piece gasket to seal the case halves together. Make sure to put the gasket on dry with no sealant. Looks like someone tried to be creative and used RTV instead, not good. Use caution as who knows what other rigged stuff is in that motor.
    4 Strokes are NOT the wave of the future!

--
    lol i assembled the engine, the left over rtv on the case's was from teardown, there is a one piece oem gasket on there just didn't take the time to clean the case's fully other then the gasket seating area... got the cylinder off and its scored on each side of the exhaust port, so needs a sleeve now as it was on its last overbore. The piston didn't melt it looks like the ring got caught on one of the ports and broke the top of the piston... ill get some pics later when its not raining to show what i mean.

--
    Long time no update, got it sleeved new stock size piston, stock jets in the carb. Its working awsome except for the carb lol. Its constantly leaking gas out the overflow tube no matter what i do to the floats, so a new set is on order. The ones in it are quite nasty and cracked. Other then that I REALLY need to find me a 250r trike, im lovin the 2 stroke power

--
    still not a bad bike for what you got in it..
    quiet people seem intelligent

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    For what it costs to get a rod kit, and have a crank rebuilt, its cheaper just to get a whole new Wiseco or Hotrods crank off ebay. hell, you can get a whole kit (crank, bottom end gaskets, crank bearings/seals) for about 200 bucks (for a 2000 cr250)

sounds like whoever bored it the first time didnt chamfer the ports, and it snagged a ring. cause if it was running too lean (your plug chops indicated it wasnt anyways) it would have locked up, not lost compression and shut down.....

did you inspect the cases and make sure nothing got broke when the crank got tweaked the first time?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //