//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tri-Z jetting

--

Tri-Z jetting

hello!! i am new to this site and think it is great so far i have found alot of answers to my questions. well i have a issue with my 85 Tri-Z spitting and sputtering in all 5, i am thinking that the fuel is mixed way rich and the jetting is off. i am going to go through the carb today and drain the fuel. i have a DG exhaust system UNI filter and a fresh rebuild so any input you guys have will be nice

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    You should be running a 460-480 main jet with that set-up. Needle clip in the middle position,and a stock pilot jet.

You shoud be running around 32-1 up to 40-1 on your mix.

Make sure your air filter isnt over oiled,and check your coil and plug wire and cap.Those are some what a problem on the Z.The case would crack and arch out on the frame.They will idle good and pull ok till about 1/4 throttle, then they act like a rev limiter is on, if the coil is bad.
    Welcome to the site.
    Ohh and this forum is for racing,and planning for races.
    Tech questions will get more input in Trikesylvania.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    i went and bought the jetting yesterday and a stock pilot jet also bought and mixed up some MC-1 40;1 same mix i ran in my 88 250r and am going to run in my 85r. i think the guy i got the trike from mixed it way to rich. it smoke bad

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //