//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day Smith Road - Medina, OH MX race

--

Memorial Day Smith Road - Medina, OH MX race

OK guys and gals - Smith Road Memorial Day MX race is less than one month away (May 25th). Let's get a head count and answer some questions for everyone. The bigger turn out the better!!! Super friendly MX track - and always tons of trikes on the track. I would personally like to see 3 gates of trikes this year. We got close last year with a trike count of 24 racing.

Who's In??????

I am!

Last edited by atctim; 04-29-2009 at 03:16 PM.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    You know I'm there. I'll be jockeying your slow ole 2-fiddy around in the B class. Thanks for the loaner MXer. I will be taking delivery of my own 250R shortly, so this might be the last time Old Graybeard sees a track for a while.

--
    I'm about 75% sure I'll be there with the 600 again,hopefully we're done planting by then.I have to drop off some special part's for some special people also,so I'll kill 2 bird's with one stone.I'll probably race B class and just take it easy again,or maybe C class,LOL ..
    www.muddogs.org - My New Website

MDR Racing

Trikefest '06 '07 '08 '09 Survivor !!!!
    LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    You know I'm in. Now I just have to make sure the MX bike will make it there. Top end is out. I'm working on having it redy though. If not, I got a spare 200X lieing around. Anyone who is around should really try to make it to these Smith Road races. It's as close to being right back in the 80's as you'll ever get. It IS the biggest trike MX event in the U.S. currently. If ya think "Oh man, I'd love to go, but it's too far" keep in mind we have racers from New York, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, Maryland, Ohio and some other place.......Where the heck is that??????......Oh yea, CANADA. That's right. So as a bonus. When ya come out for the race, you also get to see a real live Canadian. Not just some actor playing a canadian. Just don't get too close. He bites. Especially if you happen to have Potato salad on ya.

Note: Canadian will do tricks for potato salad and small amounts of American dollars. HAHA.

--
    What time does it start? someplace close to it i could stay?
    i work that fri-sun but have off mon and tue so i would love to come! What all needs to be on my bike? Let me know been wanting to make it to one of these!

Oh and How much is it to race?
    Last edited by Preddy05; 04-29-2009 at 03:10 PM.

Can't or Won't?

--
    Preddy05,

here is where we all stay (Motel 6 in Medina):

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Stro...stpointe+Drive

Drive on out to Medina after work. We mostly eat at a wing joint beside the hotel - and have a few cold ones out in the Hotel parking lot before bed time (helps you fall asleep with all of the excitedness of race day bearing down on you). Practice starts at 8AM at the track - it's best to be at the track by 7AM to get in, signed up and geared up and unloaded. Races start at 10Am - but you never know the running order until they set it up that day. You will most likely be done racing by between 3 and 4PM.

Looks like a 3 hour drive for you - not too bad - we are up by Clarion - takes us 2 hours 20 minutes.

techmaster330 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Man, that sounds like fun but I don't have anything worth racing. Hopefully sometime soon I'll be getting an R but right now all I have is a 200x...

--
    Quite few guys run 200x's the last few times we went.
    1981 ATC 70
    1978 ATC 90
    1985 ATC 250R
    1993 modded Banshee."Sounds like an Indy car on crack"

www.cosmicquads.com

--
    a 200X is a fine bike for Smith Road - that is not an excuse notto show up and run. Load it up and bring it out! There are normally 2 or 3 on the track there.

--
    oh I can't wait! we will be there, bubba on the 350x and me behind the camera. I will also bring the helmet cam for some behind the bars video. I'm really looking foward to this guys.
    To all of those contemplating about attending. Be there or be square! The OTC racers have built quite a reputation here in Ohio at the race tracks. The track owners Love us and so does the crowd. Even if you don't have a fast trike it's still a whole lotta fun and you will enjoy yourself.

--
    Preddy,
    I think it is $10 per person for entry to the site and $20 to enter the race.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo650 View Post
    Ohio and some other place.......Where the heck is that??????......Oh yea, CANADA. That's right. So as a bonus. When ya come out for the race, you also get to see a real live Canadian. Not just some actor playing a canadian. Just don't get too close. He bites. Especially if you happen to have Potato salad on ya.

Note: Canadian will do tricks for potato salad and small amounts of American dollars. HAHA.

LMFAO!

thats awesome, the biting part is not true, but everything else is

Ill see you there ladies, booked off work last night!

Holla!

hey snake, come get some!!!!!
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--

its only a 4 hour drive for us.... i'll see if we can try and make it
    "Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
    - Chick McGee

-1985 250sx
    - 1986 atc310R drag bike
    - 1981 110 chopper.
    - 1985 350X 3+1 durablue axle, uni filter
    - 1985/6 350x
    - 2-84 atc250r's and 1 83
    - 2002 trx400ex
    - 1985 atc 250r
    -1985 atc70 WTB PARTS
    - 1985 tecate

MADE IT THROUGH TRIKEFEST 04, 05, 06, 07, and 08, cant wait til 09!!

--
    Thanks for posting Tim! Maybe we can pry a few more folks out of their armchairs!

Last Labor Day, we had 26 trike racers total. 10 in "A" class and 16 in "B" class.

A few simple rules, that most people should know, but just a reminder for those who might be new. We are welcome there because of the way we conduct ourselves, our sportsmanship, and our lack of serious injuries. We got in there because of the 12 year relationship I have had with the track operators. My reputation, and our group's reputation is on the line every time we go out there. We want to continue our good standing. The owner told me they will even have 3 wheeler plaques for us this year.

This is a family event with people of all ages. Use discretion with your vocabulary when children are within earshot. Other people dont like continuous F bombs dropped on their small children, even if you drop them on yours.

Its a no alcohol event but they dont enforce it provided you give them plausible deniability that its being consimed, i.e., use a coozie, and are responsible. Racers are prohibited from alcohol consumption before racing. If you really need a cold one between motos, keep it out of sight and nobody will bother you. It doesnt help us to be seen all drinking before we go out on the track. Be discreet. Dont even show up at the gate half lit or bombed. Youll be removed.

Pit riding is a huge no no at at any race event. You putt to the track and exit the track at low speed, no spinning gravel, donuts or wheelies. Way too many people walking around the pit/parking area, and way too many have gotten run over. They are very strict about this.

We police our own, and I have a direct line with security. Sorry to sound like a hardass, but we dont need a couple of idiots to ruin it for everyone.

This is clean racing. Sometimes things happen, especially with new guys but DELIBERATELY ramming or wrecking someone will get you booted. Most of us have to go to work on Tuesday! Some quad classes tend to get a little rougher.
    Equipment needed: Pretty much any 3 wheeler. I even ran my ALT125 last time in the B class and had a few races going on in the back of the pack. A stock 200X or better will make you competitive in B class. A 125 or better will get you around the track and youll have a blast!

Almost all tracks require a tether kill switch. Smith doesnt really enforce it, but its highly recommended.

Rear number plate on grab bar. Any other place you put additional numbers will help ensure accurate scoring, such as front plate, or on your back. They sell them there if you dont have one. You can easily make one from a plastic antifreeze jug, and some black tape. Number should be 6" minimum. Try to avoid using a number thats already taken.

Gear required is helmet, boots that cover your ankle, pants that cover your legs, long sleeves, eye protection.

Cost is $10 to get in, and $25 per class to race. Both motos are scored, and both count for your final position.

Practice for Big Quads (and us) begins at 8:00am and goes to 8:15. You must be signed up to practice. They may end up giving us our own practice. You should be there by 7:00 to get situated and signed up. Sometimes theres a big line for signup.

Classes have been "A" and "B" up to this point. We may have enough for a third class, but I will need an accurate head count in advance to make arrangements for it. They cant add new classes on the fly. They will split a class over 15 racers. Classes are setup according to what I advise them. Dont call the track, or argue with track officials if you have a problem with the 3 wheeler classes, or 3 wheeler class rules. I only advise them on trike classes. If you have questions about quad or bike classes, they can answer your questions if we cant. You can race trikes in quad classes, but be prepared as many dont race as clean as we do, and dont expect to place out in front.

We hope we have more riders join us this year. Most of our new riders are locals who keep coming in more and more. We havent had many new site racers in a while. Most of these guys are fairly slow 200X riders who saw that you didnt need to be a pro on a racer to enjoy racing. Sadly, this tracks days are numbered, so enjoy it now, or regret it forever. Good luck, and safe racing!!!! OTC welcomes you!

--
    This will be a roll call post, so I can have an idea as to what is coming, and how to split them up. These are not classes! I just need to know what is coming to make some. Just quote this post, and edit with your info.

Add here if you will be there and racing FOR SURE.

Hybrid / custom new build (450, 500, etc.)
    Louis Mielke #84
    atctim #75

250 pinger/350X
    TimSr #90
    TimJr #85
    Kintore #19
    Seadoo650 #918
    Snake #37
    Garageboy34 #
    Keister #88

200X or similar (225)
    Tom (local) #
    Jason (local) #

Less than fully suspended (200s on down)

Add here if you are a MAYBE
    name, what you are racing, and #
    Last edited by TimSr; 04-30-2009 at 08:24 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //