//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad 70s; In action!!

--
    It really seems to be more a matter of preference than economics. Some people want strictly honda, so an aftermarket engine is out of the question. If you want to go with one of the 88cc kits, they are roughly the same price give or take as a lifan 125 or 134. With the lifan, you get all new parts, maybe not all the best, but all new parts just the same. The honda parts will be 20 years old depending on what you use. The xl and sl70 engines have the advantage of the clutch and kick start and also the auto advance distributor, which the atc70 has none of those items. If you want more power, than it seems to me the auto clutch just can't take the power that a manual clutch can. The honda engines are pretty reliable and since they built so many, parts aren't that big of a deal yet. So it really comes down to what the individual wants. If displacement is what you want, than the aftermarket engines are really the only way to go.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

Race Demon is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

crf50 motor on ebay

If you don't mind the knock off stuff, Iam using 120 125 electric start on the grave drigger, Rex Racing would help you with the specs. plenty of power , big power , not real pricey

--
    Here are some more videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEMi7...e=channel_page

In the beginning of this video you can see the #43 STP machine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IKE0...e=channel_page
    Appalachian American Racing
    the home of
    Appalachian American Engineering

"Can't", never could do nothing

There's nothing like the sound of screaming 2strokes and the smell of race gas in the air

--

atc70's

those races kick butt Daddio.since your in Ohio i should come down to a few.looks like fun.i assume they are 1 day events?
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

--
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oxk5...eature=channel
    on the last lap in this video it looks like the pink 70 breaks traction on a wheelie. now that is impressive!!
    the guy that does my machine work has a track behind his shop for go karts. we talked about taking a 70 down and running it. i havn't yet because he only allows slicks on the track but i guess i'll have to go borrow some now. Daddio, do you know if the rims are standard go kart wheels?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by harryredtrike View Post
    those races kick butt Daddio.since your in Ohio i should come down to a few.looks like fun.i assume they are 1 day events?
    Yes they are 1 day events. Actually they are late afternoon - early evening events. After the last gathering, Gibson, The guy who has the track was talking about hooking the lights up again. Maybe they will plan something far enough in advance that I can pm the people interested in time too make it out. I didn't find out about the last two events until the night before. All of these guys live within 30 miles of town and most live within a few miles.
    the home of

There's nothing like the sound of screaming 2strokes and the smell of race gas in the air

--
    Quote Originally Posted by trizilla View Post
    on the last lap in this video it looks like the pink 70 breaks traction on a wheelie. now that is impressive!!
    the guy that does my machine work has a track behind his shop for go karts. we talked about taking a 70 down and running it. i havn't yet because he only allows slicks on the track but i guess i'll have to go borrow some now. Daddio, do you know if the rims are standard go kart wheels?
    Yes they are standard cart wheels and tires. They turn down the 70 hubs and re-drill them to fit the cart wheels. That way they can easily change back to stock very quickly. The reason for the stagger is so that they turn better.
    the home of

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    man i want to go play with you guys!!! i have this in my garage,,, i built it just for fun... to bad there are no others in my area to play with!,,,check out the bars,,, no cables on either side,,, here is a thread about chubby,,, there is some info on hubs too http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ghlight=chubby

Last edited by KASEY; 06-02-2009 at 12:04 AM.

--
    That's pretty cool Kasey. I've seen "chubby" before but I never noticed the foot brake before. Hartley "1upfront" and I were talking about a foot brake today. He was having problems with the brake on the right side with the throttle yesterday.
    the home of

--
    Quote Originally Posted by trizilla View Post
    I am trying to upload one last video to youtube. On that video the pink 70 comes out of the corner on just the right rear wheel. Awesome stuff for sure.
    the home of

--
    Okay I finally got that video to upload this morning. If you watch closely you will see Rex on the pink 70 come out of the corner on one wheel. It's a lap after he passes the 70 with the white blaster fenders on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfCbv...e=channel_page
    the home of

--
    Round 7 OTC Race Series - Sunset Ramblers MX/Flattrack weekend-October 17 -18

www.sunsetramblers.com

Saturday evening flat track racing, lighted track, bikes and quads, and I can make arrangements to get whatever 3 wheeler classes are needed.

Sunday morning is Motocross

Free camping

The invitation is still out there if you guys would like to do a joint weekend with OTC! We could probably whip up a few flat trackers as well. Just let me know ahaed of time so I can make class arrangements.

--
    here is a couple more pic for you guys. Race demon also has a suspension bike that we are building with a rear disc brake

--
    try it again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-001S.JPG   MVC-002S.JPG   MVC-003S.JPG   MVC-004S.JPG   MVC-005S.JPG   MVC-006S.JPG  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSr View Post
    Round 7 OTC Race Series - Sunset Ramblers MX/Flattrack weekend-October 17 -18

www.sunsetramblers.com

Saturday evening flat track racing, lighted track, bikes and quads, and I can make arrangements to get whatever 3 wheeler classes are needed.

Sunday morning is Motocross

Free camping

The invitation is still out there if you guys would like to do a joint weekend with OTC! We could probably whip up a few flat trackers as well. Just let me know ahaed of time so I can make class arrangements.

Do you have any info on the entry fee and so forth on this event? Do you need an AMA card or anything like that? About how big is the track? It sounds pretty good to me but I'm only one person.
    the home of

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //