//ArrowChat Code
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: My '83 ATC250R Build Up!!!

--
    WOW!!!! I just read this entire thread all pages you have come a long way I was reading everything and was checking the dates I wasn't expecting it to still be going. ForeverThreeWhe you must have a lot of patience to go this long without riding it I would be going insane. It LOOKS REALLY AWSOME and the best part is its air cooled I love the first and second gen 250rs but yours when finished should be posted on the front page for all the hard work you, your dad, and jamie have done.

ctk is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    very cool build. Its factory and updated. very nicely done.

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanx so much for the comments guys, it keeps me going. Thanx for recognising the efforts of Dad and Jamie too because i couldnt do this without them.

My 300 top end arrived at Mum and Dads yesterday. I would have liked to have had it blasted before i had all the work done on it but Denny at FLOTEK was having troubles with his media blaster so i'll be taking it to be blasted then polished in the next few days. I'll post pics when i get it back from polishing.

--
    Forever 3, where did you get the race/number plate for the front end? Did it mount right up or did you mod it? thanks

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Super350 View Post
    Forever 3, where did you get the race/number plate for the front end? Did it mount right up or did you mod it? thanks
    Funny u mention that raceplate, i just took a new one i had to the painters yesterday for it to be hit with the same blue, even though i plan to run the light. i bought it from AUSSIEDUNER, he made it. do a search on him if u like. hes well known. hes been quiet lately though.

R-tifacts is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    First time i stumbled on this thred, what a transformation you came a long way, great work man.
    Dying breed with a need for speed

85 ATC 70
    85 250es Big Red
    85 ATC 250R
    86 ATC 350x
    86 KXT Tecate
    87 ATC 250r replica

--
    I thought i should keep you all updated with whats been happening. Ive been trying to do atleast 1 thing per day on my trike. Even if its small because its been sitting for too long.
    In this past fortnight ive taken the tank scoops back to be repainted as i wasnt 100% happy with them and while i was there i had the painter paint 1 of Aussieduners number plates ive had for a while. (i probably wont use it on this trike but its painted now incase i want to)
    I had the chromer chrome a front engine mount bolt and 4 footpeg bolts as they werent included in my stainless kit. I also dropped off 2 calipers and a master cylinder to him to have polished. I really only needed 1 caliper polished but now ill have a spare. lol. Ive also just bought a new CDI and new coil for it too aswell as some really cool looking billet levers and grips. I'll be making a few more purchases soon too, cables, jets, brake pads, etc etc

A fortnight ago the 300 top end arrived from America after being Aggressive Trail Ported by Denny at FLOTEK. He also did the 330 mod and hooked me up with a piston and rings. Then i took it and had it sandblasted, then i had it high pressure water blasted and then had the fins polished. I have bought some polishing bits for a Dremel and i was gonna buy a Dremel and polish the entire top end but the head and cylinder alone now owe me about $1000 so i think im just gonna leave it. What do you guys think?

Im thinking it should be all done in about 6 - 8 weeks.

--
    Dude! that top end is stunning!
    My 3WW Feedback Thread:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...back-for-D-dub

Salut Gilles

Victoria, British columbia Canada / Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
    --
    Wow that looks awsome

--
    A+
    LOTS of hard work with killer results. Looking forward to seeing this one!
    Bravo, Ben

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    A+
    LOTS of hard work with killer results. Looking forward to seeing this one!
    Bravo, Ben
    WOW! Thanx Andy. Comments like that from people that build trikes to the highest level such as Mike from VMS, Mr Clean and yourself are just all that little bit more sweet.
    Thanx everyone, if it wasnt for all the great comments and feedback i probably would have abandoned this a long time ago. I look forward to sharing the finished product with you all.

--
    Ok, I finally dug this out from the back of my parents shed, loaded it up onto a trailer with all my parts and bought it down to my place so i can finally finish it. We dont have a shed as we live in a 1 bedroom unit in an appartment complex so im finishing it in the house.

Hers some pics.

Its all dirty in these pics too believe it or not.

--
    Absolutely STUNNING! Great work Ben. I look forward to seeing it done!
    Jason
    1985 Honda 250r x2
    1986 Honda 250r
    1986 Honda 250sx
    1985 Honda 250sx x2
    1985 Honda 350x x2
    1986 Honda 350x
    1984 Honda 125m x4
    1983 Honda atc 70 w/ Lifan 125
    1984 Honda atc 70
    Yamaha tri zinger
    Yamaha 4 zinger
    Brap braaaap

http://www.youtube.com/user/3wheelsoffroad

--
    Having an outlaw biker that loves drinking Jack Daniels too live upstairs is pretty cool, i bought a bottle the other night and we worked on the trike till the bottle was empty. Its now so close to being finished. Heres a sneak peak...

--
    All i can say is WOW

That blue looks absolutely AMAZING!

Very very very nice job. I love it!
    My Rides:
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r - Want to trade for TRX250r
    1989 Suzuki LT-160

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //