//ArrowChat Code
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: My '83 ATC250R Build Up!!!

--
    wow man!! that is looking killer!! dig the one off handlebars for sure!! glad you are making progress even though you been ripping the 3rd gen lately!!

--
    WOW.. that is one sweet build

--
    Beautiful. So when can we expect to see it drive?

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanks guys for the encouragement . I've written out a list of things that need to be done and in all honesty there's only about a days work left on it but I want everything perfect. For example, I had all the wiring done and it was producing spark but it looked untidy so I pulled the harness off it and now I'm building my own from scratch. That way there is no over hang or bundled wires anywhere. To do it properly though I really have to be in the right from of mind so I can give it 100%. It will defiantly be sometime this year though. Lol at least I've narrowed it down to what yr. lol

--
    the bars and grips kill it for me. i had grips like that on a streetbike road 2 mins withthem threw them away. besides that i like it.

--
    Ben,do i have to fly to ausieland to help you finish this build?
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by harryredtrike View Post
    Ben,do i have to fly to ausieland to help you finish this build?
    Yes! Yes you do Harry. I'll need you to come wearing boots too, Drinking boots! It's a proven fact that a productive machine is a well lubricated one, so believe me that when you get a taste of some real beer, Aussie Beer (Tooheys, Carlton or Victoria bitter..... We don't drink Forsters, it's shithouse, that's why we export it) you'll question what it is exactly that you've been drinking in the U.S for so long that they've cleverly marketed to you guys as "beer". Lol

On a serious note though, Me and Kate have had a lot of bad stuff happen to us recently and we've only just moved into our new place and the trikes at a mates place an hour away and I've lost my license for 3 months and our housing company were through wont let me enclose the carport so I can have somewhere to keep the trike.
    Thank for all the encouragement mate cause I seriously reckon without it I would have given up long ago.

Cheers.

--
    wow Ben,if fosters sucks i dont know what i would do on the real stuff(beer).here is a picture of what happened last time i drank fosters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vegas.jpg  
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

--
    What happened in Vegas should have stayed in Vegas. lol

RID3R is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Nice to come visit and check out this thread.. Hope all is well Ben. I was looking for action shots but I know the time will come and where to look... Cheers!!!

--
    Thanx for that mate, most appreciated. Yeah, everythings getting better. It was only a few months ago that i had my quad stolen off my ute, our house was broken in to and 99% of my trike memorabilia was stolen along with just about everything i own (luckily trike wasnt touched) and so weve just settled in to a new place but my trike is still at a mates place. I get my license back in 7 days so i'll be picking it up then. Im planning to have it finished by our Australia Day ride which is the 26th Jan.
    Thanx for the support.

--
    Ive been back workin on this build again. Its so very close to being finished now. I'll post some pics in the next week or so. It will be finished for a big ride we have every year in Australia on the 26th Jan. Australia Day.

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Looking forward to more pics!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverThreeWhe View Post
    Ive been back workin on this build again. Its so very close to being finished now. I'll post some pics in the next week or so. It will be finished for a big ride we have every year in Australia on the 26th Jan. Australia Day.

--

--
    A little update...

Big thanx to Mart 300r and dc300 for the donations of parts they contributed. Heres some pics of the bars and controls finished, i wont be using those grips though as the points are too deadly.

Ive finished the wiring too except for the rear light.
    Its all done from scratch so i could hide as much of it as possible.

I really wanted to use this for an airfilter...

http://www.eddie-sanders-racing.com/...20complete.htm

but due to lack of funds im settling for this for the time being.

I think i'll probably fire it up in the morning too for the first time so if i do i'll post a vid.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //