//ArrowChat Code
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: My '83 ATC250R Build Up!!!

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    This is another idea i had for a filter...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KURYAKYN-...#ht_1480wt_710

i think it would look great poking out of a hole cut in the rear fender.

Anyway im concerned on getting the bugger to fire... It wont start.

Ive got spark, there is fuel getting to the carb but the combustion chamber is dry so i removed the plug and put some fuel in the top end replaced the plug and still nothing. Didnt even sound close.

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Here she is guys.

This is the the 2nd time it has fired since being built. The first time was 2 mins before this and it only fired a little.

Dont pay too much attention to my groovy boxer shorts or work boots. Thats just how i roll.

This is the first time its really been going so keep that in mind as theres still some testing and tuning to be done but i thought i'd post up a vid as you have all been so very helpful and patient.

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=GOPR0003.mp4

--
    Got the new grips on. I think these are a little safer.

I also got the front brakes working and a temporary rear brake rezzy BUT wont have rear brakes for a couple days as i snapped the bleeder valve off in the caliper. It wouldnt be right riding it with BOTH front and back brakes working anyway. haha
    Im taking it for a ride tomorrow. I ran it for a few minutes today and it seems ballsy, really ballsy.

When i first went to start it the other day the timing marks were lined up but the timing was off so i retarded it a few mm (counter clockwise) and it started straight away. The thing im wondering though is when i kick it over if i dont commit to it and give it a boot full it will kick back HARD. Is it just that it has a tonne of compression or is my timing too off. As it is im planning on riding it tomorrow. Is that a bad idea to break it in with the timing being slightly off? It runs great just kicks back hard when starting if not careful.

--
    I moved the plate clockwise a little towards the marks and eliminated the kickback. It ran really well on its debut run. This is its first run. Im just taking it easy as i still have to break the engine in.

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...=firstrun2.mp4

--
    Thanks for the vid man!, Looks and sounds great!
    My 3WW Feedback Thread:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...back-for-D-dub

Salut Gilles

--
    Because im planning on riding it on January 26th at our annual Australia Day ride i needed to do something with the seat. This is not permanent but for $20 and 15 mins work i think it'll do til i can afford to get it recovered properly.

--
    The other day when i rode it, when i stopped i had heaps of fuel pouring out the overflow hoses of the 39mm PWK so i took the carby off and raised the float a little. It solved the overflow problem but im wondering, could this make it run lean at all?

Heres a vid of me running it today. The Flotek 330 top end feels incredibly strong. I can wait to get it out on the sand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJCM1kwQ0sM

--
    Heres a vid of it i took the other week. This was its second time on the sand but still wasnt jetted correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghWn2cBaI0w

Here it is today at its first show.

Its been a long road to get to this point but it has been totally worth it. I had plans to get it airbrushed but my funds dont allow for it so ive gone with chrome honda wing decals instead, One day i may get it done along with getting the seat professionally recovered.
    I'd like to have a thank you list but i fear i may forget someone as so many people have helped in this build so to all that have helped in one way or another, Thank You.

So there it is... My 1983 ATC250R Build Up. Finished. Cheers

ForeverThreeWheels

--
    Today was the trikes show debut...
    As its an 83 ATC 250R it was limited in categories.
    It ended up competing for "Best In Show" and "Best Trike"
    I won Best Trike!

You know what was awesome.... 80% of the crowd didn't seemed interested in Harleys etc... They related sooo much to the trike. I had a lot of great conversations and met a lot of cool people who wanted to talk trikes too.

I shared this win with my father who has helped and supported more than most people know. This has been the best bonding situation for us ever. He likes fishing, we tried that.... I'm easily frustrated! (He is still fishing rods out of the river)
    Any who... Today, we shared something awesome...

Best Trike: Winner!

--
    Wow, I had to come back and see this trike and its gorgeous! I didn't see the white seat coming lol. Looks fast too.

--
    Thanx. If I had the money I would have had it airbrushed and had the seat done with a blue jigsaw design over the white but I ran out if money.

--
    congrats Ben on your winning best trike with your pops.you made a truly beautiful machine.
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

--
    Good loking bike good job man
    1986 Honda Big Red 250
    2001 Honda Fourtax 350
    1985 Honda 200m

--
    Looking real nice Ben, Keep up the good work!
    If you have Bought a item from me, Please leave me feedback
    If your buying a item from me check my feedback
    Click on link ~ http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ceaserthethird

--
    Thanx buddy,
    I had a little drama with it though the other week.
    It ran lean due to a suspected air leak somewhere.

http://youtu.be/DGCDkEVUjuI

The compression is now down to 50psiClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	174111

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //