//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: My '83 ATC250R Build Up!!!

RID3R is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Looking real good Ben! Sorry again about the front fender, they definitly had a long trip. My guess is you will get rid of the blue frame, may be a bit much..? Your 250r is one of the best ive seen here no doubt! Look forward to an update, ill check back as soon as I can...

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by RID3R View Post
    Looking real good Ben! Sorry again about the front fender, they definitly had a long trip. My guess is you will get rid of the blue frame, may be a bit much..? Your 250r is one of the best ive seen here no doubt! Look forward to an update, ill check back as soon as I can...
    Im not worried about the front fender mate, considering they came from the other side of the planet i think we did well. Im still undecided about the color of the frame. This is the color i had in mind for the frame, its Candy Bentley Blue.

But like you said it may be a little too much blue... i dunno... maybe silver? Im open to suggestions at this point.

--

ole blue

i dont for sure but that blue should look sick.cant tell for sure if it will be too much till i see it.my guess it will look sick.too cool F T W.
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thought i'd update this a little as things are slowly starting to happen and ive got an idea of the direction i'll be going in.
    Since im spending so much on the trike this build round im re-doing a few things that arent perfect and one of those things is the 83 seat on the 85 fender. It never quite fit properly so this time i want it all perfect so i stripped the '83 seat down to the base and also an 85 seat. I'll be using the front of the 83 and the rear of the 85 and then getting it recovered to go with the new blue fenders.

Roughly cut. Its still has to be cleaned up and braced.

85 seat foam for the rear half of seat.

83 foam for the front half of seat.

--
    Ive noticed with alot of three wheelers, when you look at them from the front, they look like they are twisted or uneven. or is it just me? (the pic where he shows the new width)
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

--
    [QUOTE=ForeverThreeWhe;752217]I added some 1.5' axle spacers. I originally wanted to go with 2.5' spacers but i had these on hand and ready to go so i fiitted them up.

Front view showing standard width.

Front view showing new width of +3'.

QUOTE]

Yeah i noticed that too, but i think its just the angle of the concrete there because it feels slanted when i sit on it in that particular spot. I bloody hope thats all it is.

--
    the wider stance definately looks better.very cool,cant wait till she is done
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

--
    I did some more to it today. I pulled all the alloy metals off it other than brakes (still gotta pull them down) and the triples and forks and worked out what needs to go for polishing and every piece of metal that CAN be chromed i pulled off it (except the spring as me and Dad couldnt get it out) and put it to one side for.....yep... CHROMING! If it can be chromed it will be and if not it will be polished to a chrome finish!

All this is going to be chrome! (including the custom swinger which is getting made and chromed in the U.S.... and the shock spring)Not sure about the bolts though as ive also bought a 500 pc polished stainless bolt kit from the states. Im waiting on it now.

This is going to be polished! (including the fork legs, triples and the whole engine)

They'll be getting done next week or early the following week at the latest along with the frame.

--
    DAMN!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by chris200x View Post
    DAMN!!!!
    Damn Straight Bro!!!!

--
    very nice man very nice
    1985 200X
    66mm H&S Piston
    Little Bit Bigger Cam
    Bassani Exhaust

1985 350X With Bassani Exhaust

1983 Honda 200E (PARTING OUT!!!!)

1985 Yamaha Tri-Zinger

My Feedback Threadhttp://http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?105185-Feedback-for-RodKnockRacing&highlight=RodKnockRacing

--

--
    Looks good man but it does look as if maybe the front forks or frame is twisted up a bit? I noticed too that trikes always look like that but this one looks to have it more so then some of the other ones.
    1985 Honda 200x
    1986 Honda TRX350D - Gone but not forgotten 1982 Honda 185s*sold* 1985 200x*sold* 1983 200x*sold* 1985 ATC70*sold* 2002 Honda 400EX*sold*

--
    Quote Originally Posted by inv3ctiv3 View Post
    Looks good man but it does look as if maybe the front forks or frame is twisted up a bit? I noticed too that trikes always look like that but this one looks to have it more so then some of the other ones.
    Damn it, now im paranoid about it. Im gonna have to go to the olds place today and check it out. It does look kinda off in those pics doesnt it. Thanx for picking up on that.

--
    Good job man. I just went through the same. The end is the best part. Now you can sit back and enjoy. Good idea with the front light. I thought i was the only one trying to put led's on my trike. I put one on each fender in the rear and it looks like an airplane at night.
    I wish I had a dad to do that with. My dad hated offroading.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //