//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: My '83 ATC250R Build Up!!!

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by trikerooster View Post
    Good job man. I just went through the same. The end is the best part. Now you can sit back and enjoy. Good idea with the front light. I thought i was the only one trying to put led's on my trike. I put one on each fender in the rear and it looks like an airplane at night.
    I wish I had a dad to do that with. My dad hated offroading.
    Cheers T.R, its still got a bit to go yet mate but with the old boys help it'll get there. Them LED lights are the goods arent they.

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    My bolt kit arrived today and im stoked with it. About the only thing i can see not included in this kit is the swingarm pivot bolt. This is the attention to detail that should set it off when all together.

Heres where i got it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ATC-2...Q5fAccessories

--
    Nice bolt kit! I just polished all mine yesterday. How much did it run ya?

--
    US$150 Delivered. He did me a good deal out side of ebay.
    I went and picked up the frame and tank from being sandblasted the other day and took them straight to the painters. Not much to paint really because everything else has gone to the chromers or is going to be polished.

The chromer said all my parts will be ready in about a week, i said dont rush and take a fortnight as my swinger and new front end will be about that long anyway. Im going to the painters Monday aswell to give him the paint codes.
    There the codes from the new Yamaha dirtbikes. Thats what colour im going with.
    Plastic Colour:
    Deep Purplish Blue Solid E
    Factory Code: 0583
    Bike-Paint top: 5829
    Paint- base: None
    (DPBSE)

Frame colour:
    Deep Purplish Blue Metallic C (Cocktail)
    Factory Code: 0564
    Paint-top: 5815
    Base: None
    (DPBMC)

I found that info at http://www.bike-paint.co.uk/Yamaha.htm

--
    After going to the spraypainters and talking with him ive found the yamaha codes dont match anything he had in his data base so the other day i went looking in car yards for a blue for my frame that will go with my new plastics aswell. I took my headlight shell and camera with me and the closest colour/most appealing that i could find was on a Mitsubishi Outlander. Funny thing is that i didnt find the car in a car yard, i found it parked out the back of someones work and here i am all over it with a headlight shell taking pics of it.

Its called Electric Blue Pearl (code T70)

Should be picking my parts up from the chromers this Friday too so i'll post more pics then

--
    I rang up the chromers first thing this morning and was told my parts are going to be another week so then i rang the painter and got some good news!

The pictures dont really show the depth of the paint but... The colour is absolutely gorgeous

--

--
    how much money and time do you have in this thing? damn!

RudeDog666 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    That's a great color. This thing is going to look great when finished!
    Red/Black 1998 Harley FXDS Convertible

Red Unknown year X2/X3 Cateye Pocket Rocket

Black 1983 Honda V45 Magna

Red 1982 Honda 200e Big Red

Yellow 1980 Yamaha YT125 Tri-Moto

I got both trikes from my neighbor for free!

laidout2times is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    thing looks sharp. I love that you actualy ride it too! Boo Yesss.

Whered you get that head light cover from?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by laidout2times View Post
    thing looks sharp. I love that you actualy ride it too! Boo Yesss.

Whered you get that head light cover from?
    Cheers guys!

I got the headlight shell in a complete set of Blue fanders i bought off a member here... RID3R. If you have a look on the previous pages it shows them. Im surprised no one else bought them actually. He had them advertised everywhere for a while before i bought them.

--
    I just got an email from the guy in the states whos building my swinger... he attached pics too. Its close to done but we may make a few slight adjustments. I asked him to add another upright support between the 2 that are there. 1 on each side and we may be working a way to do away with the top brake stay. Then its off to chrome!

--
    looking good!! makes me miss my old 83!!

awesome about the swinger!!!

--
    looking great dude.your going to be putting the old man to work real soon.you and pops do great work.
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

--
    this is gonna be one sick 83. man you have done a ton to this thing since the beggining of this thread. Must be shelling out some bread. cant wait till it starts coming together!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //