//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: My '83 ATC250R Build Up!!!

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Cheers guys for the comments.

I got some pics of my swinger with the added supports i asked for and the brake stay relocated to the rear. Its all done and at chrome now, im hoping to have it within the next 2 weeks.

Im hoping for some more good news tomorrow too.

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I decided to have a go at some polishing this weekend in anticipation of getting my metal from the chromers and tank from the painters tomorrow. I started with a 400 wet and dry sandpaper then moved to an 800 then a 1200. Then i experimented with a bunch of polishes that i bought and they are all rubbish except for Autosol. The Autosol and the proper polising cloth i bought worked awesome.
    Before...

After...

Im pretty happy with the way it turned out as im usually pretty impatient and this is my first time doing it.
    Ive been promised that my tank and chrome will be ready to pick up in the morning so expect more pics tomorrow!!!

eyecekold1 is offline Check my feedback before buying from me First time rider
    --
    I gotta hand it to you. From what I count you have rebuilt the top end 3 times, the bottom end once, painted the frame 2 times,, had 3 sets of tires, 3 sets of plastics, 2 pipes, 2 swing arms, 2 seperate light set ups. Thats a lot of work and patients. Good work I wish I had your dedication. I'm excited to see the finished product.
    85 350x 12:1 piston and porting by "boosted96cobra"
    4 85 tecates 1 runs
    5 84 tecates none run
    1 84 Yamaha Zinger, mildly ported & polished, milled, bored .25 over finally running
    2 atc 90's just parts bikes
    00 rm250
    93 kx500
    2 Honda 200m parts bikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecekold1 View Post
    I gotta hand it to you. From what I count you have rebuilt the top end 3 times, the bottom end once, painted the frame 2 times,, had 3 sets of tires, 3 sets of plastics, 2 pipes, 2 swing arms, 2 seperate light set ups. Thats a lot of work and patients. Good work I wish I had your dedication. I'm excited to see the finished product.
    Wow thanx mate, i appreciate your dedication to reading this long bloody thread. Yeah its been a lot of work but after this build i think i'll finally be happy with it and i think it'll be good to have a detailed thread to look back on and see how far its came and how many changes its gone through. It also may explain where all my money has gone.

--
    I went and picked up all my metal from the chromers today. I got them to polish all my alloy aswell besides the engine which a friend is doing and the front end because im getting a polished and chromed one from the states. Here a just a few of the parts.
    They did an inceredible job. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

I have no idea where all these little bits go. Theres heaps of them too. Thank God Jamie's helping me reasemble it.

Here's all the other bits, theres still a boxfull of chrome but i didnt want to open them yet as it was raining outside and the shed was filthy.

I couldnt resist seeing what the chrome would look like up against the new blue paint. It looks like sex!

--

Thumbs up

WHOA!!!!! you definitly outdid yourself this time mate! that's gonna be the sweetest R down under for sure!

--
    Lots of chrome, I think it looks sharp against the blue too.

--
    amazing,your R is going to be beautiful.cant wait to see it when all is done.F T W you and pops are going to be busy putting her back together.
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

--
    Thanx for the encouraging words guys and your right Harry...Plenty for dad to do this time, im lucky this build round as my good mate Jamie who's also a triker on here said he's gonna help reassemble it all with me which is good cause he really knows his stuff.
    I went and picked up my tank and shrouds from the painter today. They did a great job straightening the tank as it had some big dents on each side at the front, the bung in the top was bent to one side from a rollover and the right side was creased. The paint looks great too. I got it done in the same colour as the frame. Its not the same shade as the plastics but it doesnt matter as im planning to get some airbrushing on the tank and the darker shade gives it a little contrast.
    (there not chips in the paint either, its cigarette ash)

--
    your trike is going to look sic.love that color.cant wait to see her together.nice job Ben.
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

--
    Quote Originally Posted by harryredtrike View Post
    your trike is going to look sic.love that color.cant wait to see her together.nice job Ben.
    Thanx mate, the colour does look sick as vomit huh. I wish you could see it in person too because the pics just dont do it justice. Thats why i tried to get a bunch of pics in differant lights so you could see the way the depth changes due to the pearl. I thought that blue on blue may have been a bit much but i looked at A LOT of show bikes before going ahead with it and im pretty confident that with the chrome/polishing, airbrushing and differant colour seat it will sit really well.

--
    hey Ben over here when you say its sic,that's good.
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

--
    Quote Originally Posted by harryredtrike View Post
    hey Ben over here when you say its sic,that's good.
    Yeah i know that buddy. I just had a friend say the other day "Sick as Vomit" and i thought it sounded cool and my trike is extremely sick and you cant get much sicker than vomit!

--
    ha ha ha lol.i just wanted to make sure you knew i liked it.
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

--
    Yeah i know ya do buddy, youve been excellent motorvation too since i started this thread and i appreciate your support and the recognition that you've given my ol' boy too. Cheers mate!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //