Thread: My '83 ATC250R Build Up!!!

--

--
    Hell of a good job on that!

--
    bump,any news Ben?it's been awhile just checking in on your progress
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Hey Harry, thanx for keeping an eye on me buddy.... it keeps me in line. No progress sorry guys. I took the swinger and carrier to a machine shop so the carrier could be fitted properly because it seemed strangely tight to me and it turns out the carrier holder on the swinger is a little out of shape. Thats why i couldnt get it to fit. They quoted $300 to fit it when i rang them back a week later. Sooooo after picking it up unfitted.... lol
    I cant assemble the rear end till i get the carrier in. Im also in the process of getting lots of little bits and peices from Ric at ATCHeaven, you know the little bits that add up but are really needed like seals, rubbers, bearings etc. My 300 top end is still at my good friend Jared200x's house in America, i need to get a few more $$$ together before i ask him to send it to Denny at FLOTEK to be fitted with a 330 piston and be ported because when i do start on the mechanical side of things i want to have the $$$ to get it all done at the sametime and be focused on it 100%. Im also waiting on my front end. I didnt want to post this yet till it arrived but you guys have been with me all the way so you can share some of my anticipation/anxiety/impatience with me...

I bought this 85 front end along with an 85/6 polished thumb throttle, polished 85/6 front master cyl and lever and polished 85/6 caliper. This was one of the first main purchases i made actually. I contacted the seller in October '09 to enquire about shipping for the forks, tripples, axle and hub as he is from California i beleive and he said he had no problems shipping it over here to Australia for me and after a little more conversing through emails i decided to get the front brakes and throttle off him also as his polishing jobs truly are second to none. It then took over a week to transfer the money to PayPal, then he had to polish the throttle, caliper and master cyl for me as they were a custom order and after polishing 1 front caliper he noticed it wasnt good enough so he did another 1 and that had a small crack in it so then he had to do a 3rd one. Then when it was ready to be paid for prior to shipping i was a couple hunderd $$$ short as my swingarm was ready and had to be paid for so then i had to transfer more money to PayPal. Then when customs or whoever inspected it they did not believe they were 2nd hand parts and said the documents were filled in falsely so it was re submitted but it was flagged for inspection, that was about 4 weeks ago. I contacted him this week and told him i still not had received it and he said he would cancel the shipment and documents this week and re submit it in 3 boxes now along with my address and housemates name, not my parents address and my name as it should pass straight through this time and be here within 3 weeks. He has been a great guy to deal with, answered all emails within an hour and all this mucking around has cost him over US$100 and he's even offered me a full refund of US$750 but i said i'd like to try for the front end etc one more time as no other will do my build justice. So without further adu.. this is some of what im waiting on at the moment...

My good riding mate Jamie asks me every day if ive made any progress on my trike and i spose he is sick to death of me saying no so he just picked up my engine too and he's gonna split it for me and give me the cases so i can get them blasted and get a start on polishing them. Thanx Jamie.

ForeverThreeWhe is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    No real progress sorry guys as im waiting on quite a few parts at the moment and its a little frustrating as i want to get stuck into certain aspects of the trike like the rear end but i cant due to "Murphys Law"
    "Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first!"
    I got all my parts out the other day, i even unwrapped the new plastics and all the parts i had chromed and polished. It was the first time that i had them all layed out together so i thought i'd share a few pics of what some of them look like when mocked up on my frame.
    Feel free to comment...

haggard 2hundie is offline Would rather be at the front of the train than Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    great job bro!! i didnt think an 83r could look so tough

86 350x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    thats wicked, very nice keep up the good work
    86 ATC 250R
    86 ATC 350X
    86 Tecate
    84 Atc 125M
    85 Atc 200M
    07 Yamaha banshee

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    WOW looks alot like my old 250r that got stolen
    Shorty, i shall extend you the courtesy of giving you the opportunity to ellaborate on what you meant by your post before i comment on it.

In what way does my pearl blue and chrome 1983 250R with custom one off rear end and 3rd Gen reflex blue fenders "look alot like" your old 250r? I know your not implying my trike is in some way connected to the theft of "your trike" because incase you didnt know i live in Australia but i'd like to know how my trike is "alot like your old 250r" ???????
    I have sacrificed so much to get to where i am with this trike. I have pumped more blood, sweat, tears, time and money into this than most couples put into their marriage, i also purchased a computer a few years ago and got connected to the internet for the sole purpose of "trike stuff!" I have 1000's and 1000's of trike pics on my computer and i reckon ive read just about every thread on every trike site and ive never come across anything or even heard of anything that "looks alot like" my trike, so sorry for being blunt but when you sacrifice what i have to get to where i am with something its easy to be extremely offended by someone who makes a comment like you did..... Thanking you as i wait in anticipation for your reply.

--
    looking good so far Ben,what a pain in the arse with customs.a polished motor on top of that work already done will be so sweet.its been along haul to get to this point and your hard work is paying off in spades.yours is a top notch build that im glad i have followed from the start.as for the guy saying"that looks like mine that got stolen"all they have to do is read the thread from the beginning,and see your work and progression.and i doubt his looks anything like yours.one step at a time will eventually get you to the end of the project.take many ,many pics when you get it done.great work to you and pops.
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

--
    Thats gonna turn some heads for sure.
    1982 Honda Big Red 200e
    1985 Honda 200x- sold
    1986 Honda 125m- sold
    1986 Honda Big Red 250es

sittinguy is offline Titanium Balls Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Is the spring on the shock chrome??

--

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sittinguy View Post
    Is the spring on the shock chrome??
    Yep, i got the idea from "BOSS'" dad i think it is who also has a chrome spring.

Thanx Harry for following this thread, ive noticed youve been with me from the start of it and cheers to everyone else who comments also. It really does help keep me motavated. My front end should be here in 3 weeks. I really cant wait for that. The polished motor should look "tits" as you guys say. Ive got the cases all stripped down now, all i have to do is remove a few bearings, have them bead blasted then i'll take them to the chromer for polishing. Im really keen to get it to the point of a roller, thats when i know i'm on the home stretch.

--
    bump,winter is comming Ben are you ready to ride yet?
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverThreeWhe View Post
    No real progress sorry guys as im waiting on quite a few parts at the moment and its a little frustrating as i want to get stuck into certain aspects of the trike like the rear end but i cant due to "Murphys Law"
    "Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first!"
    I got all my parts out the other day, i even unwrapped the new plastics and all the parts i had chromed and polished. It was the first time that i had them all layed out together so i thought i'd share a few pics of what some of them look like when mocked up on my frame.
    Feel free to comment...

Nasty, pure nastiness!!! I love this build!!!!!

Nasty, pure nastiness!!! I love this build!!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //