//ArrowChat Code
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Live 3Wheeling Magazine

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Wow...this is just to damn cool, Welcome aboard Tracey Dickson!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thefox
    I came across this pic on www.bikepics.com it is listed as an '87. I figured that it is an '85 but the guy is in france so maybe it is the same deal as the other one. There is another pic. but it is just an '85 pic taken from here .

Dean - Sent out my sticker envelopes today, can't wait!

Thats definitely an '85 .... look at the lack of an overflow bottle below the seat.
    J. Jonny D, --- Quad - Trike relations committee Chairman and all around swell guy.

Rides: '91 Warrior, '87 TW200, 1984 YTM225DX, 1984 ATC125M, '71 CL350 Scrambler

--
    Tracey Dickson, Welcome aboard!

I look forward to reading your commentary as much as i've enjoyed reading Dean's! I hope you'll stick around a while like Dean has with us here at 3WW!

It's great to have some guys from the "inside" here!

Tracey, I'd like to know your personal favorite machine of all time.
    Also, I live about 30 minutes from Boyd Raceway in Texas. I'd love to hear any stories you have!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jeb; 05-04-2004 at 09:06 AM.
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)
    1982 ATC70 - Original Owner

175 TriMoto Frame with Pro-Tec Rear Suspension

3-Wheelin' since '82

--
    dean, i recieved my stickers yesterday, thanks a ton!
    Joe

Curtis-Tecate3 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Welcome Tracy Dickson,
    What an honor to have another celebrity on our board from the heyday of our sport.
    I just wanted to issue a warm welcome to you. I hope you stick around as I am sure there are many, many questions from our members and myself.

By the way, another ex-factory rider is also in NC. Steve Mendenhall (Ex-Kawasaki) is in Clayton NC.

Curtis.
    Last edited by Curtis-Tecate3; 05-05-2004 at 02:26 PM.
    I love anything with an engine except a lawnmower...
    1986 Tecate and original owner of a 1985 200X.
    3 wheeling since 1975.

--
    Well I'll be somagunned - Tracey Dickson!

Please, tell us some stories - we'd love to hear them! Having Dean here is pretty awesome, this is unfathomable.

Kris

--
    Welcome to the board Tracey. I'm looking foward to some of your stories.
    1985 Honda 350X - a lot of performance stuff, everything but a cam, hope to get one soon
    1984 Honda 200ES
    198? Yamaha YT60 Tri-Zinger
    TrikeFest '04 & '07 Survivor

--
    oh yea...forgot to put somethin on there... got my 3 wheelin mag stickers the other day. they are awesome. thanks dean.
    1985 Honda 350X - a lot of performance stuff, everything but a cam, hope to get one soon
    1984 Honda 200ES

--
    hey Dean I was just curious do you have anymore stickers left I would love to have one, if so I will send you a buck or two today. By the way man Welcome to the board.

--
    Last time I looked, I still had some 3Wheeling stickers left; some first generation and second. So, if you want, go ahead and write me a letter and I'll send you some.

Since Dickson is lurking around here somewhere, I might as well tell some stories about him...... I recall, we just got the new '84 ATC 250R for some magazine photos. We drove down to Palm Ave., National City, which was a place that you could ride (before they closed it down..). Anyway, we unload this pristine ATC, brand new, never been in the dirt. Tracey gets into his racing gear, and I get my Nikon ready. Dickson decides to try the trike out for a spin, before we start taking photos... So, he kick's it to life, and away he goes.

In the very first fast turn/slide, he clutches it, and the front end comes up and spits him on the ground in a New York minute! I can't believe it. A brand new trike and he is already on the ground, with it on top of him. I ran after him, to make sure he is okay, but some young girl is closer, and rides her ATC90 up and gets off to offer some help. Tracey by now is laughing, but still laying on the ground in disbelief (doing the dead cockroach). This girl goes up to Tracey and says, "Aren't you that Tracey Dickson, that rides for all the ATC magazines? Wow, I can't believe I actually had a chance to meet you. All of my friends".... and on and on she goes. Dickson, is still laying on the ground ready to crawl into a hole. So, I come on to the scene, and the girl is still blabbing away. "Boy you are such a good rider. I once saw you race at....." Yeah, okay, but right now Tracey needs to get off his dead-butt and ride this thing!

Once we get Dickson upright and the trike back on all threes, we inspect the damage. Everything is okay, except the rear grab bar (and Tracey's ego), which is bent to crap. We end up doing the photo session, but if you look closely at the photos, the rear bar is bent at a 90 degree angle. And that young chick? She hung around until we left, admiring the Dickson dude. "Bye-bye Tracey, hope to see you ride again. Boy, you are so good".......... And off we drove into the San Diego sunset. Amen.
    Last edited by oldfart; 05-13-2004 at 11:53 AM.

mad_max is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Great story Dean,
    Thanks

--

Late Model ATCs arrived here... I remember them.

This has been great reading. I remember the magazine in stores when I was young.

As far as the 87 models go, I remember when I was riding an old Honda 250A in late 1987 and through 88 and my local Honda dealer had a whole heap of new ATCs arrive at their dealership.

At the time he said that Honda Japan was offloading them to markets like us (New Zealand) because they couldn't sell them in Nth America anymore.

They were cheap too.

Saying that, it's very hard to find used 250r's, 350X's etc here now. Most have been parted out in wrecking yards long ago.

I just got a 200X a week ago and this board has been great for learning on.

I haven't been on a trike since I was 16 or so but I'm having a heap of fun now.

Andy

Most common thing people are saying to me: "Aren't those old things dangerous?" - Whatever!

--
    cool story dean
    1984 Honda 200ES

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Hey Dean or Tracey,

What do you guys think of this 88 ATC250ES discovered in the UK? ( http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=22112 ) Are there any other models out there that are 88's or do you think the ES is the only one? If I wanted to contact someone at American Honda and ask them, would I need to contact them directly or a regional represenitive? I wish I could get in contact with someone who is still involved with the inner workings....alot of questions to ask.

--
    Strange.... I can only assume that ATC sales were large enough outside of the U.S., that Honda continued on with the Big Red Model.... I know at a time, the "Red" was the largest selling 3-wheeler they had, which out sold the ATC 200X and 200S models. We tend to forget Honda is a worldwide corporation, and not only for the Glamis sand dunes... The only part about riding the 200ES I didn't like, was loading one in the back of a pickup. ugh.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //