//ArrowChat Code
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Live 3Wheeling Magazine

--
    Steve, I do have some 3Wheeling stickers left. They are two for a buck, but please give me an addressed envelope with a stamp on it too (saves me a stamp and, well, you know). I was up in the garage rafters this past weekend, and spotted the gas tank from our old Project 250R White Ghost, as well as the one from the ATC200X that we won Baja with. I found a box full of number plates that we used during the years of 3Wheeling. All of it brings back great memories of the fun days during the eighties. You guys keep the old ATC feeling alive, every time you ride those great inventions. Dean

--
    Thanks Dean,
    I will get that right out to ya!!

Steve
    Steve - Tacoma, WA
    1986 Honda ATC350X

--
    Hey Dean, if you want to sell some of those number plates, I would be glad to buy them from you....
    (especially if you have a red one that fits an 85-86 250R)
    Last edited by Bad Karma; 12-17-2004 at 05:01 PM.
    1985 ATC 250R
    1985 CR500R
    2000 CR500R

--
    I've got second dibs on those number plates If you are willing to part with them please let me know.
    86Honda250R
    85Honda250R Sold
    82Honda250R
    Tiger 200 198? Sold
    Tiger 250 198?
    Tiger 80 (need engine) Sold
    85 Tri-Z
    86 Tecate

Perfection consists not in doing extraordinary things, but in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.

Apollo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I am all over one of those number plates also if your willing to sell. Thanks Dean for all your stories. Keep them coming!

--
    LOL.. I guess I'd be interested in a number plate, if they are up for grabs.

Dean, what is your adress so I can get some of those stickers?
    1969 Trail 70
    1973 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70
    1986 ATC350X
    1986 ATC250R X 3
    1986 ATC200X
    1987 ATC200X
    2012 Polaris RZR

--
    Well gang, I've been away too long, so here's another story from my past.... I recall one of the AATVA races at Des Moines, Iowa, where Jimmy White was there and is also his hometown. We flew out there to cover the event for 3Wheeling, and hooked up with his family and met his (now deceased) dad, Wolf. What a character!

On Friday night, a bunch of us went out to dinner somewhere, and I can tell you there was a decent amount of booze consumed that night.... Anyway, we were on our way back to the motel. I was driving your basic rental wreck, and Wolf was driving his decked out Chevy van, with Jimmy, Rhonda and more.

I came up to a traffic light and got the red. I was the first in line at the intersection, and Wolf was right behind me. As I watched the traffic go left-to-right, all of a sudden, Wolf nudges me from behind. So, I looked in my mirror and all I can see is Wolf and Jimmy smiling away.... Next thing I know, they're pushing me into the intersection! So, of course, I stood on the brakes, but to no avail. That huge Chevy is too heavy and had too much power for my weak-knee rental.

As our car was pushed into the crosswalk, our tires were squealing, the next thing I know, our front end is now past the crosswalk and going into the intersection with busy cross-traffic.

At first, we're all laughing and having a great old time, but after awhile of tire smoking, I began to wonder, how far are these crazy Whites going to go? We are now heading closer and closer into the first lane of traffic, and soon, cars are beginning to drive around us.

Just about the time, we began to flip them off, the light FINALLY changes, and we're off! It's a drag race to the motel and to avoid any other intersections! We made it in one piece.... Those days were just too much fun. Deano

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Funny stories Oldfart!! Scarry at the time, but funny looking back. I also want to say A HUGE THANKS For the stickers I got yesterday. hehe
    Howdy

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    LMAO I just cracked up outloud reading that. I can just imagine that going on, man thats funny.

--
    lol dean...you got some good stories...cant wait for the next one
    1985 Honda 350X - a lot of performance stuff, everything but a cam, hope to get one soon
    1984 Honda 200ES
    198? Yamaha YT60 Tri-Zinger
    TrikeFest '04 & '07 Survivor

--
    Any news on those number plates Dean?
    86Honda250R
    85Honda250R Sold
    82Honda250R
    Tiger 200 198? Sold
    Tiger 250 198?
    Tiger 80 (need engine) Sold
    85 Tri-Z
    86 Tecate

Perfection consists not in doing extraordinary things, but in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Hey Dean, probably a long shot, but do you think the tank pictured here in this thread http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showt...7&page=1&pp=15 looks like something off of one of the HRC trikes? It looks different then a normal short track tank. Is it an old aftermarket one?

--
    Very interesting. I can't recall seeing that one exactly, however, if you add the vents, ATC stickers, and seat assembly, maybe! It looks too nice for an aftermarket piece, such as a Maier deal. The quality is certainly there, although it looks to be a little rough on the surface, and not as smooth as I would think HRD would make. Otherwise, I would say it could be a factory-made part. If so, it would be ultra rare, since HRD crushed all of the old race ATCs..

Apollo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    They crushed them all? Did any slip through the cracks?

--
    Oh, yeah..... But no 200Rs that I know of.... Too bad.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //