//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to Trikefest that has an interesting story to tell?

--
    Blog Entries

Who is going to Trikefest that has an interesting story to tell?

Don't be shy. I want to know who this event is a big deal to. Who puts themselves through way too much BS to go to this thing and why.

Has Trikefest had some crazy impact on your life by means of something that happened there? Or even something regarding 3 wheeling just in general but only submissions from definite trikefest attendees.

PM me rather than posting here if you'd like.

--
    This year will be my 9th year at Trikefest (2005 - 2013 - absent in 2008 due to medical issues). I can say that Trikefest has changed my life. As most of you older than the age of about 25 know, when you get older, the best friends you had when you were a kid seem to disappear, or become missing pages in your book of life. It reality is a simple fact of life. Trikefest has opened the door for many long standing friendships that I can only assume are friendships for life. Some of the friends I have made at TF I only get to see once a year, but I can walk right up to them and have a conversation like we just talked yesterday. Others I get to see a couple times per year and that is even better. But yet others I talk to regularly on the internet, on the phone (sometimes.........) and I get to see in person many times per year. This has been life changing for me because my best friends now all have the same train of thought and same hobbies that I do.

Oddly enough 3 wheeling actually plays second fiddle at Trikefest to me because it's more like a reunion for me and all of my trike brethren. While I there is no doubt painstaking relentless hours of labor the month before Trikefest every year for me, I do it more for seeing others than for the trikes. If there were no Trikefest to happen again, I can assume the big group of trikers would still find a long weekend to congregate somewhere in middle America, thus Trikefest will never die.

To me Trikefest is all encompassing. It should in my eyes be called "Friendfest, Trikes Welcome". Also - Trikefest makes it easier for me to tell people that is where I met all my friends, VS I met them on the internet - because that just sounds too "stalker-ish!"
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Blog Entries
    I hope you can articulate those sentiments as eloquently when the little red Record light is on. That was beautiful man.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	245708.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	187234

--
    I was one of the few guys that made his way to the 1st TF at haspin! I met a board member 2 hours south of me, we picked up a 3rd board member and drove 14 hours to TF. Yes I got in a camper w 2 complete strangers for 14 hours! (Side note it under 11hours from my door step)
    when we unloaded and started to chat w people I realized how much in common I had w these guys, I had friends from all over the world!
    I have NOT missed a TF so far and I do NOT intend to!!!
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    This year will be my 9th year at Trikefest (2005 - 2013 - absent in 2008 due to medical issues). I can say that Trikefest has changed my life. As most of you older than the age of about 25 know, when you get older, the best friends you had when you were a kid seem to disappear, or become missing pages in your book of life. It reality is a simple fact of life. Trikefest has opened the door for many long standing friendships that I can only assume are friendships for life. Some of the friends I have made at TF I only get to see once a year, but I can walk right up to them and have a conversation like we just talked yesterday. Others I get to see a couple times per year and that is even better. But yet others I talk to regularly on the internet, on the phone (sometimes.........) and I get to see in person many times per year. This has been life changing for me because my best friends now all have the same train of thought and same hobbies that I do.

Oddly enough 3 wheeling actually plays second fiddle at Trikefest to me because it's more like a reunion for me and all of my trike brethren. While I there is no doubt painstaking relentless hours of labor the month before Trikefest every year for me, I do it more for seeing others than for the trikes. If there were no Trikefest to happen again, I can assume the big group of trikers would still find a long weekend to congregate somewhere in middle America, thus Trikefest will never die.

To me Trikefest is all encompassing. It should in my eyes be called "Friendfest, Trikes Welcome". Also - Trikefest makes it easier for me to tell people that is where I met all my friends, VS I met them on the internet - because that just sounds too "stalker-ish!"
    You're right, Tim. I see it as a big family reunion of sorts where you get to meet new family members every year and visit with the ones you've met in the past. It goes way beyond the Trikes, however they are the reason we all started going.
    Appalachian American Racing
    the home of
    Appalachian American Engineering

"Can't", never could do nothing

There's nothing like the sound of screaming 2strokes and the smell of race gas in the air

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Very well said Tim.

Trikefest has always been important to me from the first time I went. My first year, in 2011, I was supposed to convoy down with two other trucks when at the last minute neither of them could make the trip. It was only a couple of days until I was supposed to roll out and at this point I was going by myself, almost one thousand miles and over 16 hours in each direction to meet a bunch of people I didn't even know for the most part. I had met some guys at Raffa's Icefest that year, but didn't know anyone well yet. At the last minute I had a friend jump in with me who didn't have any ATV's or money, but his company was more than welcomed. We had the time of our lives those few days in June of 2011 and I knew I would be back.

I ended up going in 2012 and 2013 as well and the caliber of people that are there is the big draw. Three wheelers have always been such a big part of my life that it's not a choice for me whether or not I go, I have to do it. It's so much work between the truck, camper, and the trailer, and that's just the beginning. It's all for a purpose though. Going to Haspin for this event is like going to a town for a week that's run by three wheeler enthusiasts, and for whatever reason these machines draw a certain breed of people. I've never been anywhere in my life where I felt as though I could walk up to any person at any camp and just start a conversation like at Trikefest. It's the biggest event of my year, far more important than any holiday. I know I've said this before, but my sister had her big wedding ceremony in Arkansas and obviously not much of the family made it down so she had a more casual party up here for us. Well she planned it during Trikefest and I flat out told her I couldn't make it. We had a drag bike in the works and everything. She ended up moving the date because of Trikefest. I don't know if that makes me a dirt bag or not, but it takes us months to get ready for that week. 2013 was a really bad year for me, I almost lost my house. All I could think about was how we were going to make Trikefest. I realize how absurd that is, but it's true. I just landed a job yesterday that's going to put me right back where I need to be and we will be at Trikefest. It's going to take a lot to make me miss one from this point.

Tim that writing was exemplary. I couldn't say it better than you did.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I met ATCTIM in 05, We are now great friends and he was the best man in my wedding 2 years ago. How about that, 3 wheelers to life in general.

My 3 wheeler friends are closer than my regular friends.
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    Right on Kintore! Word to all my Canadian Friends! Doug, can I assume you will be there with A/V recording equipment this year? I sure hope so!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Blog Entries
    That's the plan Tim.

--
    Just got back from Trikefest 2014 last nite! It was my first time and it was probably one of the most amazing times of my 34 year old life! I will go every year from now on TILL I DIE!! **On a side note...the people who were there and weren't there for Trikefest were even crazier!! I camped next to a dude named Tony and a Mexican named Hector from California who showed me things that a blue jeep Cherokee should never in a thousand years ever accomplish!! Haspin Acres is an incredible atv park and the transformation during a heavy rain storm is nothing like I've ever witnessed. I'm so glad I brought my full hood and boot tyvek suits!!
    85' Honda ATC 250R - Showcaser
    85' Honda ATC 250R - Black Beauty (under extreme renovation..official unveiling at TF 2015!!)
    85' Honda ATC 350X - Tree Trunk Prowler
    15' Can-Am Outlander 1000 XMR Digi-Camo - Muther F'r Jones
    **Head'n to Trikefest 2015**

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Start planning for next year Pete! We'll see you there!!!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Provided I have a decent vehicle, I'm attending school that allows 3 day weekends off and is within 2 1/2 hours from Haspin Acres so I definitely should be able to make it. Way better off then last year. Fortunately it's a straight shot south from the school.

--
    Even if you don't, I'm sure someone going through can grab you.

I actually go right past on my way there, I will have 2 others and their machines with me though, space on the trailer may be an issue

1984 ATC 200XR
    1984 ATC 300R
    1983 ATC 88

Feedback for Mike Pargiello

matt3x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by slashfan7964 View Post
    Provided I have a decent vehicle, I'm attending school that allows 3 day weekends off and is within 2 1/2 hours from Haspin Acres so I definitely should be able to make it. Way better off then last year. Fortunately it's a straight shot south from the school.
    Will you be in class/at school during the end of June?

I know college classes end in May around here. Either way, there is always an extra trike around to ride. Keep us updated when the time gets closer.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by matt3x View Post
    Will you be in class/at school during the end of June?

I know college classes end in May around here. Either way, there is always an extra trike around to ride. Keep us updated when the time gets closer.
    I go straight through with minimal breaks but because of that I get 3 day weekends regardless. My only slight concern is getting time off from work.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Pargiello View Post
    Even if you don't, I'm sure someone going through can grab you.

I actually go right past on my way there, I will have 2 others and their machines with me though, space on the trailer may be an issue
    Yeah if you go through Lima that might be easier just to ride down. I don't have a machine right now (though working with Damon we are trying to rectify that before then) though so I might have to borrow someones. Either way, it'll be a lot easier for me to attend since I'll be MUCH closer than where I'm at now.

I really need to get back on a three wheeler. It's been years since I've rode one :/

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //