//ArrowChat Code

Thread: "You sly dog, you got me monologuing"

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

"You sly dog, you got me monologuing"

Well, as I sit here at 10:41Pm in my under-roo's, in bed, sipping on Jack Daniels out of a flask, even though there is no point, while contemplating the cosmos, I'll go on a monologue, thanks to the power of the internet.

Sooooooo. I've had a bright idea. I'm thinking of starting a hobby sand blasting/powder coating gig and possibly turning it into a business. I talked with Yaeger and he gave me some excellent pointers in the sandblasting department. I have 2, 82 250R's. One complete and running. Another in pieces. I'd like to take the one in pieces, rebuild it, and make it all purty like while still having a bike to ride.

Do to my chronic depression and a few other mental illnesses, I can be a bit obsessive with new ideas and often dream to big. Then reality comes and takes me back down to size. But I say no more! I also jump from hobby to hobby constantly, because I either get bored with it or make no progress and get burnt out. I also have paranoia. Not like, "The government is gonna get me man" paranoia, but paranoia that originates from lack of confidence. I often never try to learn new things for a fear of failure or not making the right decision the first time. But, I'm changing that. Here's how.

Since I have all these parts and pieces, its a good time to put my engine back together and learn more mechanical skills. I have the ability and am now just starting to build my confidence in it. I thought I could learn new skills to aid me in my hobby. Mechanics, sandblasting, and powder coating. Now, for just one project, its not worth the investment. But I dream big!

I thought I could make a nice side hustle blasting and painting parts. Not only would it help me pay for my machines, but also teach me a neat and valuable skill, which is something I crave. Also, part of the problem with having depression, OCD, etc, I constantly need to be learning or working at something "meaningful". Having some sort of work to get me out of the house and to excercise my brain is something I need to help with my illness. Something that makes me feel accomplished and that I can take pride in.

Once I get the equipment I need, I will start working on my parts and post pictures.

I'm also thinking of racing the remainder of the IXCR harescramble series this year on a dirt bike, possibly a Trike if they allow it. I would like to race in the A or B class and possibly go to the PRO class next year.

Ive done harescrambles as a beginner before and absolutely loved it. I hope to complete the series next year and train a bunch this year. I have enough property that I could make a few miles of trails to practice on and it be beneficial. Hopefully my side hustle of sandblasting, powder coating, selling parts, rebuilding parts, Etc, could pay for my racing next year and promote a business I hope to build.

Or maybe its the Jack Daniels talking........we'll let time tell.

What are your thoughts on any or all of it?
    Last edited by JacobMonster; 05-15-2019 at 04:00 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobMonster View Post
    What are your thoughts on any or all of it?
    Personally I’ve found that while Jack Daniels can be a lot of fun to hangout with, his business advice is a little stretchy. He also has lousy choice in women. Jim Bean isn’t much better.

Now Captain Morgan is in a totally different league when it comes to liquid genius. I suggest you call him up this weekend and get his opinion before making any investments.

Don Julio has been know to give some pretty hot advice at times, but he doesn’t speak English.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Jim Bean isn’t much better.
    Beans, Beans the musical fruit. The more you drink, the more you toot!
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatcs View Post
    Beans, Beans the musical fruit. The more you drink, the more you toot!
    Jim, Jim, the other Bean, drank a bottle, made me mean!
    It sucks to get old

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Personally I’ve found that while Jack Daniels can be a lot of fun to hangout with, his business advice is a little stretchy. He also has lousy choice in women. Jim Bean isn’t much better.
    Well, when Johnny, Jack, and Jim are all in the same room, they share their wisdom with me. But when Mr. Jameson comes over, everyone starts going on about horsemen and the apocalypse and I don't get anywhere.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --

Now Captain Morgan is in a totally different league when it comes to liquid genius. I suggest you call him up this weekend and get his opinion before making any investments.

Don Julio has been know to give some pretty hot advice at times, but he doesn’t speak English.

I have found that Old Grand-Dad gives the best advice out of all of them....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //