//ArrowChat Code
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Never before seen Honda ATC's (proto-types)

--
    Yes I still build a few 200x 83-85's,250sx's and a lot of 350x's. The prices are not any cheaper these days either. lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    Yes Paul made the best pipes for the Honda's.
    I disagree. While Paul Turner made decent pipes and Steve Carters brother was a hand made pipe artist, I feel others in the industry at the same time were more knowledgeable and had significanly more experience than Paul. Paul Turner had Team Honda ATC backing plain and simple. The Honda Team could use no other components(knowingly) except Turner cylinders and pipes. It was a contractural arrangement.

Besides, how could a four stroke guy know anything about a two stroke? Just kidding. I'm happy to be reading your posts!

--

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by CoeShow View Post
    I disagree. While Paul Turner made decent pipes and Steve Carters brother was a hand made pipe artist, I feel others in the industry at the same time were more knowledgeable and had significanly more experience than Paul. Paul Turner had Team Honda ATC backing plain and simple. The Honda Team could use no other components(knowingly) except Turner cylinders and pipes. It was a contractural arrangement.

Besides, how could a four stroke guy know anything about a two stroke? Just kidding. I'm happy to be reading your posts!
    I know in 85 86 in the southeast the top regional pro Honda riders ran Selveys,CT, or Klemm. Paul Turner was much more popular with the fourtrax riders.

--
    wow thats alot of trike

--
    I liked the Turner motors,they had smooth power like my 4strokes. They seam to have all the power I needed to hole shot Jimmy White which some riders said they couldn't doI just couldn't hold on to that much power after only riding a 21hp 4stroke, and couldn't get the job doneI was a 135lbs whimp back then!

Beside that I was building two stroke long before I started racing 4strokes,so I know a little about building them.

Team ATC is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Yes I still build a few 200x 83-85's,250sx's and a lot of 350x's. The prices are not any cheaper these days either. lol
    what kind of motor work are you doing to the xs now days?
    85 200x
    85 350x
    85 250r
    Tri zinger

baycitysteve is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    hey mickey you don't know me but i really know about how you can build 350x's .. i've been racing here in michigan for about 10 yrs and had to spend a ton of money to build a 350x to beat one built by you !! i think it's so funny 2 stoke guy always laughed at 4stokes till they got roosted on and got beat by what they like to call a tractor !!! dunlap , sparks , and my motor builder tom carlson i'd have to say are the best 4 stroke builders out there !! get well soon !! thanks steve clutter !!!!

p.s. 95mm big bore + 8mm stroker + big cam + huge carb 41 1/2 mm + hand built pipe + custom machined clutch + porting and bigger valves = 486cc beast !!!!!!
    not your mamas 350x anymore and you best have a strong leg .. i tell everyone if you can start it you can ride it , not many have felt the power though !!!
    Last edited by baycitysteve; 09-23-2011 at 12:54 AM.

--
    wow thats cool, thanks for posting the pic, sad it was only a prototype

--
    Simply Amazing...Thanks for beeing here and sharing all this with us trike nuts...
    Four Stroke Tech just got a new customer. Keep it coming.
    TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    I just got my new web site up,but the only thing on there is the 350x. I just found one of my old Team Honda 200x's so I might do some new stuff for it but I can do stuff for the 250sx too,just didn't list it.

--
    Thanks I am building a 350x for a guy I think is on here and he will be ice racing it too.

--
    First off I sorry for not getting back on here. I have been getting e-mails from some you on here asking about my arm,and it is healing but it's still has a way to go. Heck it's only bee 14 months

Here's the big news, the guy out in Washington state is going to sell me one of my Team Honda 200x's!

He painted it the Powroll blue but I will put it back to Honda red.

I bought my Grand Father's 1969 Ford F-100 truck a few months back from my Mom,but I couldn't get it shipped back to PA. So on Dec. 11th I'm flying on the WA. to pick up my 200x and drive 3000 miles home.

I ended up calling Pete Fisher at Powroll because I had some questions about the cut tank. It's not like what he built for me,but he told me I brought it back from Honda on one of my trips from Cal.

The big news is he still has the 200x with the 250xr motor in it,and he also has my last 200x that I raced the last part of 85' and most of 86'. It has the fastes motor I ever had. One of the cool things about is I made a porkry pine head in the mile,so it looks like no other. He said some day he may sell them,but they would be big bucks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200x.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	136265

--
    Awesome... Can't wait to see some pics...
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Well it looks like he rode it hard for 2 years and it's been sitting in a barn for 25 years. It's all taken apart right now,and he's trying to find everything.It don't matter to me it has all the aftermarket stuff,all the other stuff was just OEM.

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Congrats on getting it Mickey! Can't wait to see a few pics. What brand swingarm is on it?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //