//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Alright Barnett....I need some of that Kawi expertise

--
    Oh cool Hitachi made the CDI's for Kawi, didn't know that. Thanks for the photos. Can you by chance get a couple photos showing the connector/wires too so I can match them up to know the pin out. Saves me a lot of time trying to find hard to find part images lol.

The wheelie stuff kind of depends on the engine design. Like my atc200es I wheelied all the time with no problems, however it does have an oil pump, and I'm pretty sure the pickup tube is in the center of the engine. If an engine doesn't have an oil pump, or the pickup tube is say the front of the engine, you could stave the pump of oil, so first thing that looses oil pressure is the top end, cam and such. Same goes for car engines, front pickup tubes in drag racers is not a good deal when the oil goes to the back of the engine when they are racing. I can't really think of a 3 wheeler engine that doesn't have an oil pump, even the ATC70 must have one since it's OHC. If you had an American trike with a brigs engine on it, I could see wheelies being a problem, they are a splash oil bath engine, so if the splasher isn't hitting oil, things are not getting oiled. Some Honda engines are designed similarly for like lawn mowers and such.

Talking about that, check out an HT3813 Honda Riding Lawnmower some time, those things are sweet. It's a little Honda Civic in the form of a Lawn Tractor. I have one, and 3 of the HT3810's (10 hp instead of 13hp). Super well built machines. Well I guess I'm in a video mood, here's one of the videos I know of that covers the machine pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml9-VxktEmM

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG3757.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	258565

Best one I have on my phone. Will have to wait till I get home to get a better one. You can see the CDi and back half of the plug. It's basically reverse of the CDI plug. IDK if that's any help.

Makes sense. Trying to remember where the pickup is on my 200M....I guess towards the front of the engine. Like I said, just something I heard and was curious about.

My neighbor actually has one of those haha. They are pretty cool mowers. They sound awesome too. Water cooled, 2 cylinder I think??? Don't know the model number of his. Somehow he managed to find a NOS deck in town for $200! Pretty cool.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBoy View Post
    I've not gotten that good at riding a wheelie...
    I would suggest that you do not attempt to wheelie that pig, as you find find the results....unpleasant.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Oh cool Hitachi made the CDI's for Kawi, didn't know that.

They also make vibrators.

--
    Yep, the 13hp is the 2 cylinder and liquid cooled, the 10hp is like a brigs engine, air cooled, push rod engine etc. The 13hp has an oil pump/filter (same as a 1UZ lexus and 3.4L Toyota Pickup engine), liquid cooled of course, actual rubber mounted engine mounts like a small car, shaft drive directly off the engine for the drive, transmission is actual gear to gear, no belts. Because of that, the shifter when you pull it in, or push in the clutch, is actually pulling in a mini clutch on the drive shaft. The front "pto" output is clutch driven as well, but goes to belt drive, that's for the mower deck and snow blower. There's also a HT4213 which had a 42in deck instead of 38in, and there's a 14hp version that's effectively the same thing. If you move up bigger you get into the RT series like RT5000 which is like 18hp and all hydrolic, has 4x4 and 4 wheel steer, used they are like $5k though, pretty expensive for how small they are. I'm sold on buying old Honda mowers from the 80's instead of the MTD junk mowers of today that needs work every few years (belts, belt pulley brakes, broken springs, etc).

A NOS deck for $200 is a steal, used they run about $100. There's two eras of decks, the older ones ran a Japanese built deck, which was silver and about twice as thick as the newer ones. It has great cast iron spindles, Japanese bearings, etc. The newer ones were known to rust out, and where sourced from a contractor in the USA..... MTD! I don't know if the decks are interchangeable or not though, all of mine run the heavy style ones, and all are in very usable shape, just have to replace some bearings.

Now that I think about it, I think I have one of those harnesses at home, that CDI connector with the little 2 pin right next to it I'm sure I've seen before. I'm just not at home to document that's the CDI connector and such lol.

The oil pickup on the 200 series including the M should be center of the engine, there's a pickup screen there, the oil pump is located near the front, but there's some piping or passages for it.

@Barnett

Someone has to make them, I guess they signed up for that market.

--
    Wow, those are some well built machines. Yup his is a 13hp. I checked out the vid you posted too. I know what I want my next mower to be .

Usually run about $100? I assume that's a typo? Or are they not that valuable?

Yeah when I get back I'll take some good pics, and we can see if we can figure something out.

Da velder

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    I would suggest that you do not attempt to wheelie that pig, as you find find the results....unpleasant.
    Sounds like you've tried before? Lol

Da velder

--
    The Honda mowers run around $500 in my area generally ready to use. Sometimes they have a small problem but comes with a bagger etc. The deck has a built in extra boost fan for the bagger system too. I mowed my "woods" with a ton of leaves, and the shoot plugged up a bit, but it was moving a lot of crap too. All of the Honda lawmowers I got were $100 though, I got 1.5 bagger kits and a snow blower that's made by honda for it. It's only a single stage, but honda makes some of the best snow blowers in the world for consumer use.... more videos? I'm really on a video kick lately lol.

Here's an 8hp one, nothing special =)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J362C5BKNOY

Another angle, this one should be 13hp based on model number. If I recall correctly, all the way down to 5hp they say warning may throw snow up to 60 feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VawOARgASj8

Anyway, back on the lawn mowers, careful that you get an actual Honda rider mower, the ones with another brand with has a Honda engine is likely just an MTD with a Honda engine. Same goes for generators, a Honda motor is nice, but the whole thing Honda brand is like top of the line build quality, parts available, etc.

For those down south, that white stuff in the videos is called snow, kind of like a slushy =D.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    The Honda mowers run around $500 in my area generally ready to use. Sometimes they have a small problem but comes with a bagger etc. The deck has a built in extra boost fan for the bagger system too. I mowed my "woods" with a ton of leaves, and the shoot plugged up a bit, but it was moving a lot of crap too. All of the Honda lawmowers I got were $100 though, I got 1.5 bagger kits and a snow blower that's made by honda for it. It's only a single stage, but honda makes some of the best snow blowers in the world for consumer use.... more videos? I'm really on a video kick lately lol.

Here's an 8hp one, nothing special =)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J362C5BKNOY

Another angle, this one should be 13hp based on model number. If I recall correctly, all the way down to 5hp they say warning may throw snow up to 60 feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VawOARgASj8

Anyway, back on the lawn mowers, careful that you get an actual Honda rider mower, the ones with another brand with has a Honda engine is likely just an MTD with a Honda engine. Same goes for generators, a Honda motor is nice, but the whole thing Honda brand is like top of the line build quality, parts available, etc.

For those down south, that white stuff in the videos is called snow, kind of like a slushy =D.
    Nice! Yes, being originally from Ontario Canada I can appreciate a good snow blower

Da velder

--
    Update: Still got the Kawi....hopefully I'll have time to work on it soon. Gonna borrow a battery to install and then recheck for spark. Been kinda busy this week replacing the clutch and rear main on my Tacoma. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG4284.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	258850

Da velder

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBoy View Post
    Sounds like you've tried before? Lol
    I had to test one for hours on end on a small motocross type track to try and break it. The friggen rear rack slammed me in the azz so hard once that I thought it broke my tail bone. It was a generally an unpleasant experience overall.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    I had to test one for hours on end on a small motocross type track to try and break it. The friggen rear rack slammed me in the azz so hard once that I thought it broke my tail bone. It was a generally an unpleasant experience overall.
    Yeah I saw that rack setup. IDK why the did it like that. The foldup rack to access the toolbox is a pain too. Maybe I'll pipe some pipe insulation on it for cushioning lol Or just cut it off

Da velder

--
    After installing a good 12v battery into the bike, I found that I have power to the neutral switch (enough to light the bulb at least) and like half a volt to the CDI. I wonder if there's a bad connection somewhere or??? Found these 3 wires unplugged and IDK where they go to? Need a wiring diagram. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG4361.JPG 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	258948Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG4361.JPG 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	258948

Da velder

--
    Here's the wire diagram, it's pretty huge so I'll just link it. Looks like white with black stripe is accessory terminals. It's a hot wire, so should be insulated so they can't touch the frame anywhere. The diagram shows a socket they go to as well, maybe the socket is missing/broken?

https://gyazo.com/376badbe217b2bbd83058c12a0fb8b7f

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //