//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Engine weight 125M

--

Engine weight 125M

I’m new here so first off, Hello everybody!

Now My buddy has an 85’ 125M with a messed up engine(cracked case, half stripped and missing parts). I found a donor, but it’s quite always from me and I’ll have to have the seller pull the engine for me and ship it. Need to know what the dry weight of a complete engine so I can figure out if it’s cost effective. And won’t break the bank just getting it to me plus cost of engine and his time to remove it.

I know the Lifan 125 clone comes in at 45lbs shipped but that’s without electric start or the sub trans.
    If it’s under 66lbs it will cost about $70 to ship Canada post, over and it’s $250-350 thru UPS or fedex.

Anyone know the exact weight?

I can probably get him to split into 2 shipments by pulling starter, pull cord, carb intake etc. But if the base core is still to heavy... that’s a lot of his time and mine wasted

Thanks
    Jake
    1975 Honda ct90
    1978 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL250s
    1985 125M....pending

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamzkull View Post
    I’m new here so first off, Hello everybody!

Now My buddy has an 85’ 125M with a messed up engine(cracked case, half stripped and missing parts). I found a donor, but it’s quite always from me and I’ll have to have the seller pull the engine for me and ship it. Need to know what the dry weight of a complete engine so I can figure out if it’s cost effective. And won’t break the bank just getting it to me plus cost of engine and his time to remove it.

I know the Lifan 125 clone comes in at 45lbs shipped but that’s without electric start or the sub trans.
    If it’s under 66lbs it will cost about $70 to ship Canada post, over and it’s $250-350 thru UPS or fedex.

Anyone know the exact weight?

I can probably get him to split into 2 shipments by pulling starter, pull cord, carb intake etc. But if the base core is still to heavy... that’s a lot of his time and mine wasted

Thanks
    Jake
    Welcome.

Weigh your buddies starter and subtrans if it's there and add that to the 45lb estimate. Or ask the guy you're getting the motor from to weigh it on the bathroom scale.

I don't know the exact dry weight of a whole 125 but I'm guessing the starter and subtrans both are well under 20lbs together which would put you under the 66lb limit if your 45lb estimate for the other motor is correct.

Are you shipping inside Canada or over the border? If it's within Canada, check Greyhound. They ship stuff and last time I shipped heavy motorcycle parts they were the cheapest. I don't think they'll ship over the border though

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Thanks for your reply Ironchop

Unfortunately no, there’s near nothing of the original motor. The engine is out and gutted with the box of guts lost to the long ago.
    The guy I’m trying to buy the engine from is trying to sell the bike as a whole, but is willing to pull the engine for me for a decent price.
    I’d prefer an original engine but it’s getting close to double what a Lifan clone would cost me with little gain other than the hi-low
    1975 Honda ct90
    1978 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL250s
    1985 125M....pending

--
    Oh, and shipping was inside Canada
    1975 Honda ct90
    1978 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL250s
    1985 125M....pending

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //