//ArrowChat Code
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Honda FatCat 450R :)

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    If only that was a CR500 in that frame

it would only run away from everything at the dunes even faster.

when the 450 blows up, you should consider the conversion.
    bannedcr500riders.com has all the info to tell you exactly what you would have to overcome fitting the motor in there.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 300rman View Post
    If only that was a CR500 in that frame

it would only run away from everything at the dunes even faster.

when the 450 blows up, you should consider the conversion.
    bannedcr500riders.com has all the info to tell you exactly what you would have to overcome fitting the motor in there.
    lol when it blows up..

--
    So, I tried it out in the dirt for the first time this past weekend and was very impressed! I was afraid I had created a dune only bike when I did this conversion, but it proved to ride just fine in the dirt too! I found a set of used stock Rhino tires and threw them on. I need to find a softer compound tire as these were so stiff I had to run them down to 5psi to get any traction out of them. The thing climbed hills like a billy goat! big rocks and root wads were no problem. Luckily these tires (25" tall) are taller than quad tires so I didn't fall too far into ruts and holes. I'll probably put a 26" or 27" on the front though just to make it even better. I also want to find a tread pattern that more closely resembles a dirt bike tire. The bike is definately heavier, I wouldn't ever try running a MX moto on it or anything. But, I did not ruin it for bombing through the woods!!

Fun Fun Fun!!!
    XS Energy Drinks and more: www.mike2you.com

--
    I would love to have that as a kit, this weekend i will take photos of my 2005 crf450 it has a full yoshi exhaust titanium header procircuit can,engine built by cernics out of Perry Ga it was a pro's practice bike, factory connection suspension showa forks, 1/4 twist throttle, countless goodies, it was sitting in a garage at my buddies he quit racing it sold it for $1,100 only runs race fuel

--
    THat is some amazing work - have you thought about putting a trike front fender on there?
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 85_250_SX View Post
    I would love to have that as a kit, this weekend i will take photos of my 2005 crf450 it has a full yoshi exhaust titanium header procircuit can,engine built by cernics out of Perry Ga it was a pro's practice bike, factory connection suspension showa forks, 1/4 twist throttle, countless goodies, it was sitting in a garage at my buddies he quit racing it sold it for $1,100 only runs race fuel
    Given your bike is also a 2005, I could build a kit for that! I'd love to build you one!!! Sounds like it would be insane on that bike!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    THat is some amazing work - have you thought about putting a trike front fender on there?
    It would probably work great on there! The skinny one doesn't bother me though.

--
    I just started making a web page for this bike. I'm dubbing it a "Fat Bottom Dune Bike." I really enjoyed building this bike and would love to build more of them! If you are interested let me know.

I don't want to sell this one, but if someone gave me $7000 for it, I'd let it go and buy two more dirtbikes to convert.......

Check out the page: http://www.bikes4cargo.com/UltimateDuneBike.html

Thanks,
    Mike

--
    Nice site Mike. Too bad we're so far apart. Would be a blast to ride together. I made it out to glamis for new years--07. Maybe I could talk the wife into Oregon sometime soon. Good luck.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by FATTYFIVE View Post
    Nice site Mike. Too bad we're so far apart. Would be a blast to ride together. I made it out to glamis for new years--07. Maybe I could talk the wife into Oregon sometime soon. Good luck.
    Thanks! Hey! If she'll be game for Glamis again, let's plan a trip there! I've never been down there and want to go later this year!!!

--
    I think its over-rated. I'd Much rather check out some Oregon trails or dunes or both!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by FATTYFIVE View Post
    I think its over-rated. I'd Much rather check out some Oregon trails or dunes or both!
    That works too, I'd be happy to show you around!

--
    ?????Glamis is over rated?????
    Dude, no way! You will never run out of dunes at glamis like you would any other place. It has the largest dune area sq mile per sq mile than any other place.

Now Dumont, if you want to climb a hill, Dumont is the place to go. You get light headed just trying to make it to the top of comp hill LOL!

As I said on Dunercentral, Great build Mike! I love this thing. You definately should make a bussiness out of these things. I would love to have one. I am a three wheeled guy thru and thru, but this bike gives me the chills! LOL!
    1986 ATC250r
    1984 ATC70

--
    Hey Mike, Deren here in Coos Bay we chatted last year about your shop and projects for the future, like the Fat X. Man I gotta tell ya dude, the work on your Fatcat 450r just blew me away. You have taken this toy making hobby to a whole new level. I can't wait to see how the jackshaft and swingarm turn out. One a these days I'd like to come up to your shop and see for myself what's goin' thru your mind. Keep up the great work, I think you're on to something.....
    Laters, D
    FATASS

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fatass View Post
    Hey Mike, Deren here in Coos Bay we chatted last year about your shop and projects for the future, like the Fat X. Man I gotta tell ya dude, the work on your Fatcat 450r just blew me away. You have taken this toy making hobby to a whole new level. I can't wait to see how the jackshaft and swingarm turn out. One a these days I'd like to come up to your shop and see for myself what's goin' thru your mind. Keep up the great work, I think you're on to something.....
    Laters, D
    Thanks Deren! Sounds good, I should come down there and let you ride this thing, then you'll be blown away!!! It turned out amazing, everything I had hoped it would be. I wanna make more!

Mike

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //