//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Progressive Spring Kit for 85 250R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DDQ View Post
    What benefit does a spacer offer and where does it go?
    I plan to send the rear to Rocket Ron in Indiana and want to do the forks myself. I have already ordered the fork oil and seals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    You use spacers to preload the fork springs but only if you need to. The longer the spacer, the more preload. The length you use depends on your weight, type of riding, etc. They sit on the top of the spring under the fork cap.

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    You use spacers to preload the fork springs, but only if you need to. The longer the spacer, the more preload. The length you use depends on your weight, type of riding, etc.
    Oh I see. Thanks!

--
    If the spacer acts the same as preload collars on a coil shock and do not limit suspension travel, how does the factory springs with spacers compare to the progressive spring with no spacers? It would be stiffer through more of the travel than the progressive spring which could allow a thicker oil for slowing rebound and offer suspension which would be stiffer through a broader range of the stroke, right?

The rear is boxed up and ready to go to Ron.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    If the spacer acts the same as preload collars on a coil shock and do not limit suspension travel, how does the factory springs with spacers compare to the progressive spring with no spacers? It would be stiffer through more of the travel than the progressive spring which could allow a thicker oil for slowing rebound and offer suspension which would be stiffer through a broader range of the stroke, right?
    The rebound curve is directly related to the spring rate curve.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    If you wanted fancy forks you can put these on, but they are pricey. Those footpegs are also popular.

--
    Is standard 2" pvc pipe the material used to make spacers?

--
    Is standard 2" pvc pipe the material used to make spacers?
    Yes you can use pvc pipe.

Here's one type of upside down forks some people have put on their 250r's, for sale on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-KTM-SX...SFf:rk:17:pf:0

Fork conversion thread.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...INVERTED-FORKS

--
    Thank you for the help.

I am going to rebuild my stock forks and see how they feel. The inverted forks are very cool but that is a bit more than I want to spend on this area of my build.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    If you wanted fancy forks you can put these on, but they are pricey. Those footpegs are also popular.

What pegs and heel guards are those?
    Rath?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    Rath?
    The pegs are from WMD or Wicked Metal Designs, you can contact them thru the facebook link below. If you do not have a facebook account, I can contact them for you. I don't know if they make the guards or not. If they don't I can ask the owner of the bike who makes them if you want.

https://www.facebook.com/Wicked-Meta...9909789602493/

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    Rath?
    I would think that other companies like possibly HRE ATV make pegs and guards for the 250r also, however, since I am actually a Kawi guy, because...(wait for it)........The Tecate Is The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The Universe...and does not need aftermarket parts to make it "raceable", I don't know much about what is available for the 250r and other honda vehicles.

http://www.hreatv.com/Contact.html

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    I would think that other companies like possibly HRE ATV make pegs and guards for the 250r also, however, since I am actually a Kawi guy, because...(wait for it)........The Tecate Is The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The Universe...and does not need aftermarket parts to make it "raceable", I don't know much about what is available for the 250r and other honda vehicles.

http://www.hreatv.com/Contact.html
    I got a set of pegs for my 350X from WMD. Trying to figure out some heel guards too.

Hmmm, Tecate you say? Never heard that before......tell us more!

--
    A spacer takes up any free play and can be cut to length to get the preload you desire.

--
    I just took the black plastic for caps off and found this on one side. How bad is it?

--
    I just took the black plastic for caps off and found this on one side. How bad is it?
    Yeah, that’s not good. What was holding the plastic cap on? It is supposed to screw onto the top of the valve stem via the external threads on the stem, but I dont see any remaining. Is the rest of the valve stem still inside the plastic fork cap? If the valve stem’s internal threads are still intact, and you can screw in a new schrader valve, you might be able to salvage that fork cap, or I would start searching for a new/used one.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //