//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 70, Spark plug helicoil kit

--

1985 70, Spark plug helicoil kit

I finally found an atc 70, got it home and found that the spark plug hole has been stripped, I have never used a helicoil before and I am looking for the right size and a quality kit. Any help is appreciated thanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	70 atc.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	253998

--
    You can drill and tap it out to the next biggest size. I can't remember off hand what it is, but it's an odd size thread spec. M12 x 1.25 I think....I believe it uses a plug from an ATC 90 then. I'd have to do some research to verify those numbers.

--
    Thanks for commenting its m10 x 1.0 called my local motorcycle mech and hes going to helicoil it same size for 60 bucks

--
    I meant if you didn't want to helicoil it, you can drill the hole out and tap to a M12 x1.25. That's what I did on my 70. It's just hard to get a wrench in to tighten the plug now. But, the helicoil will hopefully provide just as good as fix.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by slicknick1818 View Post
    Thanks for commenting its m10 x 1.0 called my local motorcycle mech and hes going to helicoil it same size for 60 bucks
    I wonder if they have 'TIME SERT'. It is a thread repair. I have used them in the past and works great.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    https://www.facebook.com/736773822/v...477623823/?t=4

Just wanted to thank everyone for your help and input.
    Does anyone know which red color rite paint matches atc's the best? I need it for my 1980 110, Thanks

ATCKevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Rustoleum gloss cherry red matches pretty close. It’s a bit brighter but looks damn good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //