//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Found the Trike I learned to ride on when I was younger !

--
    Flash rusting is the most critical part of the apple cider vinegar method, from my own experience. What I do is have a mix of DISTILLED WATER (not from the tap) and baking soda ready to go in a container (at least 4 liters of the mix or so). Once I've dumped out the vinegar, I immediately dump in the mix and swish it around, dump it out, swish it around, dump it out, and so on until you feel like you've "rinsed" out all the vinegar. Here's the next important step - dry out the tank right away! Grab your wife's hair dryer or something similar and make sure the tank is completely dry. This will help cut back on flash rust as well. Now if you're gonna use the tank right away, fill it right up with gas and it's ready to go. If you're gonna let it sit for a while, then add some diesel, 2stroke fuel mix, oil mix, etc and swish the tank around. When you're ready to use it dump that mix out and add fuel and it will be ready to go!
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Big G View Post
    Flash rusting is the most critical part of the apple cider vinegar method, from my own experience. What I do is have a mix of DISTILLED WATER (not from the tap) and baking soda ready to go in a container (at least 4 liters of the mix or so). Once I've dumped out the vinegar, I immediately dump in the mix and swish it around, dump it out, swish it around, dump it out, and so on until you feel like you've "rinsed" out all the vinegar. Here's the next important step - dry out the tank right away! Grab your wife's hair dryer or something similar and make sure the tank is completely dry. This will help cut back on flash rust as well. Now if you're gonna use the tank right away, fill it right up with gas and it's ready to go. If you're gonna let it sit for a while, then add some diesel, 2stroke fuel mix, oil mix, etc and swish the tank around. When you're ready to use it dump that mix out and add fuel and it will be ready to go!
    Thanks for the response. I did that but did not dry it completely before coating it with diesel and I had a little bit of rust come back. Especially the cap.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //