//ArrowChat Code
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: National 3 wheeler TT race Ashtabula

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rg97 View Post
    Proper riding attire needed? Other than a helmet of course. ..
    What I'm trying to ask is if I show up in jeans and a long sleeve shirt will they say "no you can't race"
    You need a tether kill switch and there is a maximum rear end width. I camt remember exactly what the width is so i wont post a number, someonr more knowledgable will chime in. You also need to have ball ends on your clutch and front break lever (unbroken levers). All of this stuff is checked at tech and they wont let you race if you dont pass.

A shorter swingarm is better for tt but you wont notice unless you're near pro level ability.

And a well built 200x is a very capable racer despite what some people think. Bring it out and have some fun. Last year there was a NE EDT race there the weekend of Trikefest, if you dont go to tf you can go get some seat time

--
    while your trike is in tech they look for all the things 86t3 mentioned and also for things like axle cotter pins, looseness in the steering head, missing bolts from your trips, and general safety stuff.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    You need a tether kill switch and there is a maximum rear end width. I camt remember exactly what the width is so i wont post a number, someonr more knowledgable will chime in. You also need to have ball ends on your clutch and front break lever (unbroken levers). All of this stuff is checked at tech and they wont let you race if you dont pass.

A shorter swingarm is better for tt but you wont notice unless you're near pro level ability.

And a well built 200x is a very capable racer despite what some people think. Bring it out and have some fun. Last year there was a NE EDT race there the weekend of Trikefest, if you dont go to tf you can go get some seat time

That axle gauge is my arch nemesis!
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

--
    Well I run a stock axle and always have cotter pins on my axle nuts so I'm good there. I'm going to have to buy a kill switch
    Other stuff (loose/missing bolts, steering head wear) should not be a problem, I mean this bike is going to be fresh from a top to bottom rebuild replacing all bolts with 316 socket head cap screws and any NOS part that I can afford and/or find.
    Stock levers did not have ball ends, they just angled off, so do I need to buy new levers?
    Thanks for all of the help guys. I would be up a creek with no paddle without your tips n advice
    Last edited by rg97; 01-07-2014 at 09:45 PM.
    1983 212x "Mickey Dunlap" Powroll TT Trike -Blue frame, Supertrapp (looking for a Powroll DD), WEB Stage II cam, Powroll 6mm stroker, Wiseco 10.25:1 piston stock bore, ported, polished, +2 Swinger,White low-pros and 250R front fender, BAPP rear shock, Powroll Decals, NOS Carlisle R/A's

Gone:
    '83 185s, '86 200x, '70's Full Suspension Hi-Performance ATC RD400,

--
    Yes you will need ball ends,working tether kill switch, cotter pins in axle nuts, and pass thru an axle gauge. They have waived the axle max. which I beleive is 50" in the past to a few, me included because 3 wheelers are exhibition only and not a points race but that is no gaurentee. I am going to just drop mine down this year in case. Check the rules somewhere in this link or another for specifics.....
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

--
    Jeans are fine. Long sleeves required- as are eyeprotection, gloves, boots that cover the ankle, a tether, and pins on the axle nuts. Do yourself a favor and get a chest protector too.

--
    By the time this comes around in late july I'll be 17. I did not see anything on the edtracing (pine lake) website about age requirements/parameters for the 3wheeler races. Want to make sure I'm eligible.

PS, I though that this was a funny quote from their website:
    It's sure to be an exciting blast from the past as lots of the original racers from the 1960s will be participating.
    Lol!
    1983 212x "Mickey Dunlap" Powroll TT Trike -Blue frame, Supertrapp (looking for a Powroll DD), WEB Stage II cam, Powroll 6mm stroker, Wiseco 10.25:1 piston stock bore, ported, polished, +2 Swinger,White low-pros and 250R front fender, BAPP rear shock, Powroll Decals, NOS Carlisle R/A's

Gone:

--
    Not knowing your background in racing in off-road MX or TT. May I suggest getting your feet wet before you blow into the first Sweeper in top gear with 15 other riders? Go do Smith Rd on Memorial Day and get comfortable with first turns and dropped gates in traffic. You may be a racer already and don't get up tight in the first turn. Smith is an MX but a Great first timers course and would help with side by side traffic racing. You can race at any age, if your under 18 you'll most likely need the parent to co-sign a waiver to enter at any event. I am just suggesting, you do as you see fit. See you at the track.

http://www.ohiotrikecrew.com/2014.pdf
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 03-12-2014 at 02:22 PM.

--
    I'm planning on doing the TT. Vintage B, MAYBE Vintage A. I doubt it. Thanks for the info. I dont mind falling back at the very beginning. I dont have as much accel as other bikes.

Gone:

--
    250 two stroke 200x it's all relates to the rider and how long you hold it to the first turn. While you may not get off the gate you can catch them in the bottle neck of the inside line by holding it on the outside. Look to the link April in Pa, Breezewood Proving Grounds might be closer to ya. Your class choice is on you and what your comfort level is.

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Does anybody know how to get results for this weekends Festivities Are they Streaming Is there an updating website Wish I could have gone

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Have ot wait for someone to take a pic of the results, basically...I really wanted to go this year since I missed last and of course it just isn't going to work out again which is a total bummer.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw #24 View Post
    Does anybody know how to get results for this weekends Festivities Are they Streaming Is there an updating website Wish I could have gone
    The results should be posted here.. http://otc.myfastforum.org/index.php some time next week, along with any pics and vids.
    1981 ATC 70
    1978 ATC 90
    1985 ATC 250R
    1993 modded Banshee."Sounds like an Indy car on crack"

www.cosmicquads.com

--
    I'm in I hope I just need to find the date. I definitely don't want to miss this

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    So who all is going and when are you showing up? We were talking about rolling in Friday night. Really excited to run my R this year!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //