//ArrowChat Code
Page 290 of 308 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 4609

Thread: What are you doing today? Thread

--
    Getting the XR ready for a longer camping trip right after Christmas.

Just trying to figure out the bag situation.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

--
    Sitting in my truck at work. Doing hydrostatic pressure test on water main I did. Easy job, very boring. I've cleaned out my truck, organized everything, learned more about the inspector than I care to know, ordered some lights for my bus. I could never be a sit in the truck all day foreman.

--
    Driving the 18-wheeler during work this morning and a drunk driver with a car full of kids almost hit me head-on.

The driver nearly hit a lot of vehicles, including the truck in front and behind me, and other vehicles farther back that I couldn't see. The truck right behind me had it real bad as the driver was completely in the other lane, on a two lane road with guard rails on each side. I really thought I was about to witness a head-on collision between a small car and big truck at highway speeds. I spoke with that driver on the radio a few times during the next 30 miles or so. He sounded like a younger guy and when he finds out, and he will, that the car was full of kids, it'll probably rattle him a little. He shut that truck down super hard and I'm sure there are some flat spots on the tires. He did joke they'll have to fix the hole in the floorboard.

This evening, I spoke with a couple officers in the town they got the driver in and he was in fact, extremely drunk. He's in jail right now. I thanked the officers for getting him stopped and saving the kids.

Before I found that out, several of us though it was a suicidal driver.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    ^^Jeez Knappy....so jealous it's not winter there and you can ride a motorcycle. Ride safe!
    ^Wow ATC that's a scary situation right there....and to have kids onboard, he should be charged with reckless endangerment on top of the DUI.
    Sitting here waiting to get the snow blower out to clean up the 8" we got last night on top of the 12" we have already....and we're expected to get another 6" all day. Did I mention winter sucks.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Hopefully most people had a good new years and aren't still filling in the date on things as 2022. Those checks aren't going to clear, FYI.

I blew the dust off the trikes today and took them for a short ride, then my boss came over and we had a few beers.

--
    Did about 1500 miles with my son on his Royal enfield himalayan and me on the XR.

Packed down like a mule with a bigger tent, air mattress, tent stove, etc .....the XR never missed a beat....neither did the Himalayan. In fact couldn't even feel the extra weight.

--
    Hey all and Happy New Year. Put a deposit on this in October and it turned into an absolute **** show. My bank account got frozen when I tried to send a wire for payment and our version of the DMV wouldn’t recognize the out of State paperwork. Took a couple weeks to sort out the paper and seven weeks to get my money freed up, but after a couple rides I can almost say it was worth it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31336E30-5A95-4BDE-A437-D876A50B4709.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	499.0 KB 
ID:	270138

It’s almost as fast as a full blown sport bike and handles amazingly, but it’s going to take a while to get used to clutchless shifts and all the anti-everything fun features like ABS and anti-spin and slid. There is an off button, but I’m a little scared to press it.
    It sucks to get old

--
    It's red and says 'XR' but it's not a Honda? Those...Germans.

Enjoy.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Did about 1500 miles with my son...
    I'll never forget riding with my dad.

Keep getting those memories in, they all count.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    It's red and says 'XR' but it's not a Honda? Those...Germans.

Enjoy.
    Ha! When Honda started offering models in yellow blue and green they lost the right to complain abut such things.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    It’s almost as fast as a full blown sport bike and handles amazingly, but it’s going to take a while to get used to clutchless shifts and all the anti-everything fun features like ABS and anti-spin and slid. There is an off button, but I’m a little scared to press it.
    Nice Mr. Suave!

Clutchless shifts...... like Honda's DCT?

I'd love to rent one of those for 2 or 3 days to get a real world feel of them

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Nice Mr. Suave!

Clutchless shifts...... like Honda's DCT?

I'd love to rent one of those for 2 or 3 days to get a real world feel of them
    Nothing so fancy as Honda system, it’s called a quick shifter and works much like a drag bike where you just hold the throttle open and shift. The ignition cuts out as soon as you start to move the shifter which unloads the transmission and allows you to shift without breaking anything. I’m starting to get used to it, but the downshifting is a little different. Some guys will tell you you can just stand on the shifter and the engine will automatically blip the revolutions in order to facilitate the downshift, but others will tell you you need to assist the process with your hand. As far as I can figure so far the downshifting doesn’t need any help if you have the RPMs up, but if you are at really low RPMs it doesn’t seem to drop a gear as easily as it should. Hopefully this isn’t a learning curve that’s gonna cost me a transmission
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Nothing so fancy as Honda system, it’s called a quick shifter and works much like a drag bike where you just hold the throttle open and shift. The ignition cuts out as soon as you start to move the shifter which unloads the transmission and allows you to shift without breaking anything. I’m starting to get used to it, but the downshifting is a little different. Some guys will tell you you can just stand on the shifter and the engine will automatically blip the revolutions in order to facilitate the downshift, but others will tell you you need to assist the process with your hand. As far as I can figure so far the downshifting doesn’t need any help if you have the RPMs up, but if you are at really low RPMs it doesn’t seem to drop a gear as easily as it should. Hopefully this isn’t a learning curve that’s gonna cost me a transmission
    Got it.....like Dale's Holeshot Shifters.

I understand manufacturers are offering that as an option?...Yamaha? I know Dyno Jet offers that for their systems.

My understanding is is that they are great for upshifts but horrible for downshifts.......at least Dale's Shifter was on a friend's old GSXR1100. Maybe it's different now… nice bike!

--
    Going to start some online courses in a few minutes to help me pass my amateur radio (HAM) FCC licensing tests.

Seems like a handy thing to have as far as self-sufficiency and preparedness is concerned

--
    I'm a HAM.

Long before everyone had smartphones and Live360 and family tracking, we mounted HT's with GPS on our bikes so our position could be transmitted when we were very remote...... in our case using APRS. Now some are digital......transmitting images, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1582428702243-1359043698.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	270141

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //