//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350x speedo drive spacing issue

--

350x speedo drive spacing issue

Now i put one on another 350x years ago,don't remember.Only had a few minutes with it,but,do i still need that spacer?
    When i tighten the axle all the way,it locks up the front end,yeah,yeah,call me retarded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tire2.jpg   tire.jpg   tire1.jpg   tire3.jpg   tire4.jpg  
    85/86 ATC 567x

Bailey(11/30/97-4/17/06) My little angel

--
    Does the style of drive gear make a difference? That's a B style. Wasn't the 350x and 250r a D style?. I would try to back it off so your wheel spins smooth. I'd also like to know more

--
    Not sure what , but that's not rite .
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyg25 View Post
    Does the style of drive gear make a difference? That's a B style. Wasn't the 350x and 250r a D style?. I would try to back it off so your wheel spins smooth. I'd also like to know more
    B and D style?Huh,never heard such a thing
    85/86 ATC 567x

--
    The speedo drive gear takes the place of the spacer.
    To do absolutely correctly the stock bearing grease seal comes off + replaced by a thinner one that was supplied with the Hondaline speedo/odometer components.
    b + d drives are a common way of communicating which gear you have.

john

--
    In the process of doing this I have the measuments if you need new seals for your hub drive gear side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3837.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	247237

--
    Are those 350x forks? They look like 250r forks. The stock 350x forks do not have a trailing axle.

--
    Didn't know about a replacement seal,huh.Guess i need one then,lol.
    Those are 250r mugen forks on a 350x.
    85/86 ATC 567x

--
    This is what I came up with. Please correct me if im wrong here

B- style drive gear

Used on a 350x will require the seal to be removed and the o-ring around the drive gear will take its place.

D- style drive gear

Will require a seal in replace of the stock size seal on the drive gear side. I do have the measurements in a message from another member. Just need to look back and confirm.

--
    It is the shape of the housing; they look like a "b" or a "d", not a D or B....

1 ring gear turn should be about 2.5 turns on the pinion.

The HAT appearing spacer is used, the other is not and the speedometer drive itself takes it's place.

The 200X is a "b" and the 250R and 350X are a "d".
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Listen to Swinehart.... I have the Hondaline Installation instructions somewhere, but John told it like it is...
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyg25 View Post
    This is what I came up with. Please correct me if im wrong here

B- style drive gear

Used on a 350x will require the seal to be removed and the o-ring around the drive gear will take its place.

D- style drive gear

Will require a seal in replace of the stock size seal on the drive gear side. I do have the measurements in a message from another member. Just need to look back and confirm.
    Due to Honda making numerous different models, there are quite a few different parts that vary both model to model and year to year.

Although, as I said up a few replies, some are set up for disc brakes, some for brake shoes, some for right side location and some for left side location.

I find a "d" for the 250R and 350X and the "b" for the other side drive OR a different type hub/brake.

Streetbike "b's" and "d"'s will not read accurate in the least, and they'll need a small spacer to run one...

REGARDLESS: All you need to know:

The driver will simply pull out of the "d", but the "b" with the O - ring has a thin (like a wrist pin) clip holding the driver, you have to remove that to remove the driver.

- The O-Ring style seal between the driver and the hub seems to be used with drum brakes.

- The 30 x 42 x 7 rubber coated seal seems to be used with any disc brake version I have personally seen.

- BOTH have a seal for the pinion (where the cable goes in and ALL styles are the same in this respect).

Then we have a driver to drive housing "inner seal", And they do vary in size based on the application.

And last we have the seal and or O-ring that seals between the front wheel hub, (OEM seal get's tossed), and the driver assembly.

I helped someone a couple weeks ago. I bought 6 of every seal; I believe I have every single seal (3 total) in stock that you need, all 3 20$ shipped.

We would need to confirm sizes....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    And speaking of speedos, I had THOUGHT I had a pretty good idea of what's out there but I never saw a white speedometer head, had to be rare as hell; And I wish I bought it before the bids started.... But, I've got 3K worth of speedos and parts here easily!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-ATC-2...p2047675.l2557

Click on pic to see the few pics from the completed auction...

Yes, it's an EBAY auction but more views will be found here in the future for people searching for information...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    And speaking of speedos, I had THOUGHT I had a pretty good idea of what's out there but I never saw a white speedometer head, had to be rare as hell; And I wish I bought it before the bids started.... But, I've got 3K worth of speedos and parts here easily!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-ATC-2...p2047675.l2557

Click on pic to see the few pics from the completed auction...

Yes, it's an EBAY auction but more views will be found here in the future for people searching for information...
    I highly doubt that was factory. Look at the wear and tear on it and it has no miles? When he says 'custom' in the add, I believe it.
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //