//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: '86 250R refurbish

--
    Still have a little worm left to smooth out the patch completely. I ended up stopping at an old buddy's place on the way home and he ended up letting me borrow his welder and mill. It's not perfect but at least it's not a hole.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

--
    Nice fix!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Nice fix!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Thanks man, Its not perfect but I didnt want to any more heat to fix the slight undercut that you can see on the left side. Its not going to make a functional difference as this is not a high stress area. Once I lap the cases halves together the areas on the side view should melt into each other as the patch is currently sitting a few thou proud. (the reason you can see the split lines from the side view)

--
    Not much activity recently, I have been waiting on powdercoat and the porter to wrap up. I did stop into the porters shop today, he's hoping to have the cylinder and head done next week. The powder coater has 1 part left so it should be ready next week as well.

On the bright side my ESR pipe showed up today and man does she look good. I'm getting excited to test out this rocketsled.

--
    That R is going to look sweet when its done! Wish I have one. Who is your powder coat guy? I have a swinger arm that I want done with the same color as yours.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 2L84U View Post
    That R is going to look sweet when its done! Wish I have one. Who is your powder coat guy? I have a swinger arm that I want done with the same color as yours.
    Thank you very much man. I don't where at you are in Wisconsin but the people doing my coating is QSP in Wausau. They are very reasonable, the frame and red components cost me $100 because I had them primer and coat. Would have been $50 for just top coat. The swinger, rims and hubs only cost me $60. I would Def recommend them.

--
    Well I picked up all the parts from the powder coater today. Very happy with the result. Cost we 15 dollars for what you see in the first picture. So I started mocking up some parts got the new races for the front stem installed and just a few minor things. I hope to have it rolling by tomorrow evening.

--
    Didn't get as much done today as I was hoping. A buddy stopped by and just a couple turned into a couple Sixers. But we are on rubber again just need to get the linkage buttoned up. The lighting was less than ideal, but the gold looks much better in person.

--
    And I just realized, looking at this post, I put my rear brake disc on backwards... SOB

--
    Spent the night torquing all the suspension bolts, greasing the linkages and installing same odds and ends. I needed a little motivation so I decided to throw the fenders, plastics and tank on to give me a bump. Good news the itch is back.

--
    Is it the pic, or are the handlebars tweaked? The throttle side looks sad & droopy.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Is it the pic, or are the handlebars tweaked? The throttle side looks sad & droopy.
    It is tweaked ever so slightly, the picture exaggerates it. It had a pretty good bow to her when I bought the machine and I worked at getting it back to nominal for a good while, but never got it 100%. The problem is they are old answer bars and I really like the profile but I cant find anything close on the new market., so I'm stuck running these and adjusting them ever so often till I can get them back to perfect. I would say they are 96% of being true.

Side note does any one know the dimensions of the 2 chain rollers for an 86 R?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamnahrt View Post
    Side note does any one know the dimensions of the 2 chain rollers for an 86 R?
    I don't know the dimensions of the OEM rollers, but I replaced mine with these rollers from TM Designworks. They fit nice & work great still, many years after the install. https://tmdesignworks.com/index.php?...roducts_id=277

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    I don't know the dimensions of the OEM rollers, but I replaced mine with these rollers from TM Designworks. They fit nice & work great still, many years after the install. https://tmdesignworks.com/index.php?...roducts_id=277
    I have seen these, the problem is I feel like $25 a piece is highway robbery. For $10 in bearings and some scrap UHMW or poly i have laying around its way cheaper for me to spin them out on the lathe. Thank you though for bringing these up as an option.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamnahrt View Post
    I have seen these, the problem is I feel like $25 a piece is highway robbery. For $10 in bearings and some scrap UHMW or poly i have laying around its way cheaper for me to spin them out on the lathe. Thank you though for bringing these up as an option.
    Yep, I agree. Every time I see these, I forget that the price is only for 1 roller. $25 for the set would be an honest price, and would still make them a nice profit I bet. Be sure to post pics of your fabwork.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //