//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250ES Plow Modifcation

YamaBoss is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

250ES Plow Modifcation

I have been using my 225DR to plow for the past few years now. I made a custom plow that lifts and lowers by a winch on the front rack. Always worked fine. This past summer I got a great deal on a 250es and a plow with it. I have been using the ES for plowing this year. I hated running a winch on the DR. It was slow and drain batteries quickly. So the hand operated ES plow works fantastic for speed and no battery to drain. Biggest problem I see with the ES plow is with the plow in the up position you’re still plowing snow if it’s more than 2 inches. Which is every snowfall we get in Minnesota. It would work fine if you only get a half inch of snow but when we get 8 inches no matter what I’m pushing snow. I messed around with it slightly and got it to lift slightly higher but not enough. Has anyone ever modified one to lift higher. I don’t want to use the winch method because the ES plow is substantially heavier and I cannot steer with the plow up. Any ideas or discussion would be great.

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Mine has a chain on the front mount and you can shorten the length of the chain to lift higher...just make sure it still lowers all the way to the ground.

YamaBoss is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmeamidget View Post
    Mine has a chain on the front mount and you can shorten the length of the chain to lift higher...just make sure it still lowers all the way to the ground.
    That’s as low as it can be, that’s the first thing I checked. It needs more of a redesign.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Can you post pictures of the current lift mechanism please?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //